Can the East win it in single A since Union City got upset?

Icy

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(backinthaoc @ Mar 14 2007 - 11:02 AM) 826411477[/snapback]You have no idea what you are talking about..None....

A couple of years ago when Union City was in AA they were 31-2 and #1 ranked entering a region game with Ripley...They lost that game after having beating Ripley earlier in the year by 30+...That was choke-job,no doubt....The game they lost to Humboldt in the region semis,they played a pretty good game and hit 15 three pointers with Mr Basketball Finalist MJ Brown scoring a career high 32 points..They lost the game 86-83,it wasn't like they didn't show-up..The two regular season games with Humboldt,the Vikings had leads in both games,by 11 in the third quarter at Humboldt...Humboldt and Lake County were both picked above Union City in preseason....The level of competition in that district doesn't allow for much of a margin of error,like you have in most other 1A districts...Give Humboldt credit for the win,they almost played a perfect game...Saying Union City choked discredits Humboldt's win.....This district had three teams in it that had they made it to Murfreesboro would have had a shot at winning the tournament....Matter of fact Humboldt has already played in two post season tournaments with better teams than they will see in Murfreesboro....

yadda......yadda......yadda.......

When will we get to see this phenomenal Union City team in action?

The answer isn't 'in the 2007 state tournament'. Everything else is moot. You're a fan. I get it. Union City isn't playing even if they had the most talent because they got beat. How many other A districts games have you seen? I'd say you have no clue about any of the other 1A districts in the state. None. /rolleyes.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":rolleyes:" border="0" alt="rolleyes.gif" />

Toot the horn after the tournament.

OOps! Westside's gone. Only one West Tennessee team left.........

I hope Temple gets the opportunity to play Humboldt so we can see just how good the West Tennessee teams are supposed to be, but they first need to focus on the game today and get the win. I'm just not convinced at this point that the West teams are that much superior than teams in the rest of the state. It appears that Chatt. Arts and Sciences handled Memphis Westside alright today. And they seemed to handle Peabody (87-74) pretty good who got beat by Humboldt by only 3 last week.

QUOTE(oldtimeballer63 @ Mar 14 2007 - 12:25 PM) 826411516[/snapback]I hope Temple gets the opportunity to play Humboldt so we can see just how good the West Tennessee teams are supposed to be, but they first need to focus on the game today and get the win. I'm just not convinced at this point that the West teams are that much superior than teams in the rest of the state. It appears that Chatt. Arts and Sciences handled Memphis Westside alright today. And they seemed to handle Peabody (87-74) pretty good who got beat by Humboldt by only 3 last week.

I hope so too....Peabody also lost to Humboldt 4 other times..5 in all..One time 103-69...Even the sun shines on dog's butt every once in awhile..The more times you play somebody,the harder it gets to beat them sometimes....

QUOTE(oldtimeballer63 @ Mar 14 2007 - 01:36 PM) 826411534[/snapback]Same is sort of true with Temple's games with Chatt. Arts and Sciences.

Temple beat them pretty good the first couple of games (and probably could have beat them by alot more than they did) but the last time they played it was a little bit closer. But whatever the case, I'm still not awestruck with W. Tn basketball.

with Westside sent home by CSAS this morning there is only one west team left, i believe its safe to say that CSAS has somthing to prove to the state, hopefully they get to the final game Saturday, there playing hot right now!

QUOTE(thomaschatt_pats @ Mar 14 2007 - 04:11 PM) 826411783[/snapback]with Westside sent home by CSAS this morning there is only one west team left, i believe its safe to say that CSAS has somthing to prove to the state, hopefully they get to the final game Saturday, there playing hot right now!

They will have a tough time with Cully...They got size and are very athletic,somewhat a clone of the better West Tennessee teams....Cully also has DeMario Williams..They will be tough, no doubt...

A Humboldt-Culleoka match-up would be very interesting ....

QUOTE(backinthaoc @ Mar 14 2007 - 05:27 PM) 826411799[/snapback]They will have a tough time with Cully...They got size and are very athletic,somewhat a clone of the better West Tennessee teams....Cully also has DeMario Williams..They will be tough, no doubt...

A Humboldt-Culleoka match-up would be very interesting ....

Not as interesting as temple vs csas championship.

i agree union city had an awesome team last year they were heads and tails better than everyone else...they lost marquis however which was huge...i imagine they were a load this year but we gotta let go the statements that they were so much better than everyone....lets be honest whether youre from east middle or west tenn. the chances are you have only seen your part of the state play this year so noone really has a clue what kind of teams were seeing....i think its obvious so far in this tournament all parts of the state are equally good and these last two games are gonna be very interesting....one team from middle left...one from west...and two from east...whos gonna win it?

QUOTE(culleokarep @ Mar 14 2007 - 09:19 PM) 826412104[/snapback]i agree union city had an awesome team last year they were heads and tails better than everyone else...they lost marquis however which was huge...i imagine they were a load this year but we gotta let go the statements that they were so much better than everyone....lets be honest whether youre from east middle or west tenn. the chances are you have only seen your part of the state play this year so noone really has a clue what kind of teams were seeing....i think its obvious so far in this tournament all parts of the state are equally good and these last two games are gonna be very interesting....one team from middle left...one from west...and two from east...whos gonna win it?

lol...you know west tn has the better basketball in the state...West TN has Liberty Tech, Union City, Booker T. Washington, Bolivar, Middleton, Lake Co, Humboldt, Ridgeway, Hamilton, the list goes on and on and on and on in all 3 classifications!!!