Dobyns-Bennett Football

DBTeepee

QUOTE(PowrPlus @ Jun 13 2007 - 10:13 PM) 826474766[/snapback]I agree . . . Maybe it is time for a new class in the state of Tennessee (6 A)??

Well...I don't necessarily think there should be a 6A in football myself.

After all, 4A Crockett had 1,390 students compared to 5A Oak Ridge with 1,433 in 2006.

Not many schools in the State of Tennessee that is sporting 2000+ kids like Science Hill. As a matter of fact according to TSSAA there were only 11 schools in the whole state.

• Replies 333
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

My biggest problems with the classification system are allowing smaller teams to play in a higher classification when they can't compete while forcing some teams that can't compete in their current classification into a higher classification. Thus far, Crockett hasn't had an advantage over other 4A teams since they haven't even won a playoff game in their entire existence.

Simultaneously, good teams like Maryville will be placed together in the same region.

Maryville will more than likely be placed in Region 2. If Anderson County and Seymour move up to 4A they will likely be placed in Region 2 or 3 4A.

If you think about it traveling wouldn't be an issue for Maryville if they played in Region 1 5A.

These teams aren't all ways "bad" because they are small, alot of it is coaching and other things, I dislike it when people blame the W-L all on the school size, lets play some ball!!!

I didn't say certain teams were bad because they were small; I said certain teams shouldn't be in a higher classification if they can't compete in their rightful classification.

the big east champs in 07 will not be DB or SH it will be Bearden. Im a graduate of DB and i know that this year will be one of the worst years in awhile. DB has lost all skill players except for a few and the line that wasnt that great last year and it will be even worse, the running backs will be good but dont have a go to WR right now, the defense will be alot slower than it has been in the past few years, secondary wont be near as good as it has in past years, linebackers will be very inexperienced and i dont know much about the D line. i hope the best for this years team but i just think that they could lose up to 3 games. and dont think im bashing DB at all im just laying out the facts and i would know ive played there for the past four years so i know this group of guys. i just hope Gman can maybe get them in the endzone from 4 yards out.