Dobyns-Bennett Football

DBTeepee

• Replies 333
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(Fitness4life @ May 5 2007 - 01:36 PM) 826452468[/snapback]I hope to see you all laughing and still cutting jokes when Gilligan has his foot up your hind-ends this season! /blink.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":blink:" border="0" alt="blink.gif" />

I can't wait for Gilligan and The S.S.Minnow(Hill) sails into to Kingsport.Gilligan better have a life jacket on.I wish the game was tomorrow.

QUOTE(Fitness4life @ May 5 2007 - 03:36 PM) 826452468[/snapback]I hope to see you all laughing and still cutting jokes when Gilligan has his foot up your hind-ends this season! /blink.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":blink:" border="0" alt="blink.gif" />

You must live in Johnson City. You hear a lot of conversations over there that include the words "foot" and "hind-ends".

I hear everyone always talking about how good the coaching staff at DB is, but I have not seen the results with a trip to the Blue Cross Bowl lately. I know they have tremendous athletes. They get the cream of the crop from Kingsport, but many 1st, 2nd, and 3rd round losses in more recent years. Coach Graham is a wonderful man, and seems to always send kids to the next level. The size and speed they always has could make almost anyone have success. They are also playing in a fairly easy region. They play many teams that are in lower classifications as well.

QUOTE(LEONARDSLOSERS @ May 9 2007 - 10:47 AM) 826455326[/snapback]I hear everyone always talking about how good the coaching staff at DB is, but I have not seen the results with a trip to the Blue Cross Bowl lately. I know they have tremendous athletes. They get the cream of the crop from Kingsport, but many 1st, 2nd, and 3rd round losses in more recent years. Coach Graham is a wonderful man, and seems to always send kids to the next level. The size and speed they always has could make almost anyone have success. They are also playing in a fairly easy region. They play many teams that are in lower classifications as well.

The shift of power will go to the HILL, starting this year. I have already seen results. DB does have a good coaching staff, if you don't believe me just ask WaCo.

QUOTE(LEONARDSLOSERS @ May 9 2007 - 10:47 AM) 826455326[/snapback]I hear everyone always talking about how good the coaching staff at DB is, but I have not seen the results with a trip to the Blue Cross Bowl lately. I know they have tremendous athletes. They get the cream of the crop from Kingsport, but many 1st, 2nd, and 3rd round losses in more recent years. Coach Graham is a wonderful man, and seems to always send kids to the next level. The size and speed they always has could make almost anyone have success. They are also playing in a fairly easy region. They play many teams that are in lower classifications as well.

They have the athletes, the facilities, the fan base, the funds. They dominate the upper East. They may play some 4A teams but only because they're old rivals. They schedule Oak Ridge most every year. They're normally a pre season favorite.

So what gives? Maybe this will be their year..

• 3 weeks later...

QUOTE(LEONARDSLOSERS @ May 9 2007 - 10:47 AM) 826455326[/snapback]They get the cream of the crop from Kingsport, but many 1st, 2nd, and 3rd round losses in more recent years.

Man I hate those pesky State Quarter Final losses dont you? I mean dang whats wrong with a team that can't beat another one of the top 8 5A teams in the state?

QUOTE(Contender @ May 2 2007 - 12:40 PM) 826449998[/snapback]As for DB being down this year...don't under estimate DB. Every year theres those certain two or three teams that say this is year there goin' to win. Let's not forget about a upcoming JR class full of talent. Sylvester being one of them, a very quick, sharp player. He just needs to learn to put his head down sometimes also some good D commin' this year like always im sure Catfish will have the D out and ready to hit. DB 10-0 this year

ROLL TRIBE

10-0 is certainly doable for the Indians. But then avoiding "10-1 and out" represents the problem this school has with the modern-day playoffs (they have lost 3 first round, @ home, top-seeded games in the last 6 seasons).

This year may be a better year, overall. But Wm Blount is loaded with speed, size and experience. The Govs will hang a season opening loss on the Indians.

I'm tired of hearing about the 1 and done trend for db football... Given they have lost 2 straight opening round playoff games but that makes for a grand total of 3 of 1st round losses since 97... in fact they've only lost in the 2nd round once since that date, they have lost in the quarter finals 3 times, and they have made it to the semi-finals 3 times so if you are counting thats 7 out of the last 10 seasons that they made it past the first round... in comparison everyone is talking about William Blount but in the last 10 seasons they have made it to the 2nd round only 3 times, they have been knocked out in the first round 5 times, and they did not make 2 of the playoffs...

QUOTE(drdb2 @ May 31 2007 - 03:22 PM) 826469695[/snapback]I'm tired of hearing about the 1 and done trend for db football... Given they have lost 2 straight opening round playoff games but that makes for a grand total of 3 of 1st round losses since 97... in fact they've only lost in the 2nd round once since that date, they have lost in the quarter finals 3 times, and they have made it to the semi-finals 3 times so if you are counting thats 7 out of the last 10 seasons that they made it past the first round... in comparison everyone is talking about William Blount but in the last 10 seasons they have made it to the 2nd round only 3 times, they have been knocked out in the first round 5 times, and they did not make 2 of the playoffs...

True. But Wm Blount was not at home and seeded 1st.

That's just an excuse...1-seed or a 4-seed, home games or away games... the fact remains that DB still has a playoff winning percentage of 61.5% since 97... and the majority of their losses came in the quater-final or semi-final rounds... while William Blount has a playoff winning percentage of a little over 27%... with all of their losses coming in the first two rounds...