Dobyns-Bennett Football

DBTeepee

QUOTE(Contender @ May 2 2007 - 11:40 AM) 826449998[/snapback]As for DB being down this year...don't under estimate DB. Every year theres those certain two or three teams that say this is year there goin' to win. Let's not forget about a upcoming JR class full of talent. Sylvester being one of them, a very quick, sharp player. He just needs to learn to put his head down sometimes also some good D commin' this year like always im sure Catfish will have the D out and ready to hit. DB 10-0 this year

ROLL TRIBE

Defense has not been the problem w/ the Tribe. I am confident that Catfish will have them ready.

The problem has been w/ lack of production on the offensive end. Also, the defense seems to improve over the course of the year while the offense regresses. IMO, this has to do w/ the offensive philosophy of trying to play finesse football. This works fine in warm weather but doesn't nearly work as well in cold/wet conditions.

It would be interesting to look at the loses that have occured over the last five years to see how many points have been given up in the loses. If memory serves, the loses have been fairly low scoring affairs.

• Replies 333
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(rolltriberoll @ May 31 2007 - 10:32 PM) 826469913[/snapback]It would be interesting to look at the loses that have occured over the last five years to see how many points have been given up in the loses. If memory serves, the loses have been fairly low scoring affairs.

In the 10 losses that have occured in the past 6 seasons the Indian's ppg was 15.8 while allowing an average of 21.5 ppg (however both of the numbers are skewed due to the very high scoring multiple overtime loss to MBA that began the 2002 season)... In the 63 wins that have taken place over these same seasons DB averaged 31.4 ppg and only gave up an average of 8.4 ppg...

/dry.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=" Stock analysts do trend analysis when looking at stock price. Trends are looked at in many areas of business. I want to see someone (drdb) do a trend analysis on our playoff success in the last 10 years. Things change. We don't need the ostrich syndrome that only looks at stats we want to see.

First of all thanks for the very enlightening lesson on stock analysis and business... Second of all you say I am only looking at the stats I want to see? But my entire point was that all of the people that are claiming a typical season for DB is 1 and done in the playoffs are only choosing to look at the last two seasons... One person used a stat earlier claiming that db has lost in the 1st round 3 out of the last 6 seasons... thats another statistic that is being used in a way to make that persons point... and someone else mentioned DB's lack of success in the "Modern playoffs" the length of which would depend on your definition of modern... all of these are subject to the posters bias... and my bias is always going to be pro-DB so therefor the statistics are going to show it...

QUOTE(drdb2 @ Jun 5 2007 - 11:35 PM) 826471895[/snapback]First of all thanks for the very enlightening lesson on stock analysis and business... Second of all you say I am only looking at the stats I want to see? But my entire point was that all of the people that are claiming a typical season for DB is 1 and done in the playoffs are only choosing to look at the last two seasons... One person used a stat earlier claiming that db has lost in the 1st round 3 out of the last 6 seasons... thats another statistic that is being used in a way to make that persons point... and someone else mentioned DB's lack of success in the "Modern playoffs" the length of which would depend on your definition of modern... all of these are subject to the posters bias... and my bias is always going to be pro-DB so therefor the statistics are going to show it...

and I thought making a point by citing fact is still acceptable.

"Hater" or "Mo-ron" were good comebacks but now the kool-aid drinkers are out and about and pure denial has taken over.

KOOL-AID ... the 'fficial drink of DB fans web wide

I wasn't saying that what you said wasnt a fact... I was simply showing how statistics can be tweaked to demonstrate whatever point of view one is trying to get across. I also dont think that its denial when someone chooses to look at the playoff success that the program has had over the last 10 seasons instead of just looking at the last 6 years especially since it has basically been the same coaching staff the entire time...

QUOTE(drdb2 @ Jun 6 2007 - 02:28 PM) 826472153[/snapback]I wasn't saying that what you said wasnt a fact... I was simply showing how statistics can be tweaked to demonstrate whatever point of view one is trying to get across. I also dont think that its denial when someone chooses to look at the playoff success that the program has had over the last 10 seasons instead of just looking at the last 6 years especially since it has basically been the same coaching staff the entire time...

Good points.

How do you think the opening game/rematch with Wm Blount will go?

From everything I hear about william blount is that they're supposed to field a pretty good team and everyone is saying that db is supposed to be down this year but its tough to tell about a team this early when there are a lot of advances the players can make in the next 2 months before the season starts... I will say that I don't forsee the indians being down as much as everyone is predicting at this point

I don't think DB has ever been down as bad as everyone thinks. for some reason peaople just like to start the season off just assuming DB is going to be "down" this year. Probably so when DB does lose they can go "see I told you so, they are down this year!" I have no doubt that coach will have this team ready as usual and they will be another CONTENDER this year as always....ROLL TRIBE ROLL