Dobyns-Bennett Football

DBTeepee

QUOTE(Lost Old Dad @ Apr 3 2007 - 04:16 PM) 826429104[/snapback]I just have one question........IS DB gonna have a team this year that can make it past the first round of the playoffs?

Since they won't be playing WB or Ooltewah, I'd have to say they MAY just avoid being exposed so early.

• Replies 333
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(TG24 @ Apr 3 2007 - 04:27 PM) 826429108[/snapback]Since they won't be playing WB or Ooltewah, I'd have to say they MAY just avoid being exposed so early.

Actually thay have won over these teams before, so I wouldn't use them as benchmarks. Oak Ridge is still the "Big Daddy" of Region 2. DB has not had much trouble making it past the first round against Region 2 teams until the past three years. But I understand some of you can't remember three years back. It usually comes down to Oak Ridge and DB most years.

QUOTE(Lost Old Dad @ Apr 3 2007 - 04:16 PM) 826429104[/snapback]9yr old girl?...........well that explains alot! /laugh.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":lol:" border="0" alt="laugh.gif" />

I just have one question........IS DB gonna have a team this year that can make it past the first round of the playoffs?

Or I could be a Old Dad /laugh.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":lol:" border="0" alt="laugh.gif" />

You will have your answer after the first round game is played. What about everybody else, Science Hill? Ooltewah? William Blount? Farragut? Soddy Daisy? Sevier County? Jefferson County? McMinn Co.? All of those teams have more first round loses than DB.

QUOTE(WaCoJaCo @ Apr 3 2007 - 02:45 PM) 826429114[/snapback]Actually thay have won over these teams before, so I wouldn't use them as benchmarks. Oak Ridge is still the "Big Daddy" of Region 2. DB has not had much trouble making it past the first round against Region 2 teams until the past three years. But I understand some of you can't remember three years back. It usually comes down to Oak Ridge and DB most years.

Not trying to start something, but if it comes down to Oak Ridge and DB... who wins? Oak Ridge, and DB has lost twice to William Blount in the playoffs when they have supposdly been the State represenitive, not everytime i'm aware. All i'm saying is basically this, dont count your chickens until they hatch. Exspecailly since DB has lost in the first round after going 10-0 how many times?

QUOTE(WBMD83 @ Apr 3 2007 - 05:11 PM) 826429170[/snapback]Not trying to start something, but if it comes down to Oak Ridge and DB... who wins? Oak Ridge, and DB has lost twice to William Blount in the playoffs when they have supposdly been the State represenitive, not everytime i'm aware. All i'm saying is basically this, dont count your chickens until they hatch. Exspecailly since DB has lost in the first round after going 10-0 how many times?

I'll take DB in the regular season. And since Old Dad and Lost Old Dad are down on Oak Ridge coaching. I predict that Oak Ridge will not be there to beat DB in the first round. I'm not saying that DB will win 1st round play offs either. /wink.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=";)" border="0" alt="wink.gif" />

QUOTE(WBMD83 @ Apr 3 2007 - 07:11 PM) 826429170[/snapback]Not trying to start something, but if it comes down to Oak Ridge and DB... who wins? Oak Ridge, and DB has lost twice to William Blount in the playoffs when they have supposdly been the State represenitive, not everytime i'm aware. All i'm saying is basically this, dont count your chickens until they hatch. Exspecailly since DB has lost in the first round after going 10-0 how many times?

Who wins?.......Who know's?

I can't figure why people like to single out DB's loses in the playoffs unless they just hate DB. Your team can't be called the "State represenitive" unless you win the State Championship. Your not a "State represenitive" in the first round of the playoffs. Everybody says the polls don't mean anything anytime DB is ranked #1, then when they lose in the playoffs everybody jumps all over them for being the #1 ranked team and losing in the first round. Seams like to me if the polls don't mean anything then it should not be a big deal to see them lose in the first round. And you want to make a big deal out of William Blount beating DB twice in the playoffs, how many times has DB beat William Blount? How many times has William Blount even been in the playoffs? You ask how many times DB has went 10-0 and lost in the first round? 3, maybe 4 times, and from a school that has about 700 wins thats not alot is it. When your team enters the playoffs it really doesn't matter what your record is and I bet DB has had more success in the playoffs than most teams in the state. I would have to take a little poking from the likes of Maryville, Oak Ridge, or Riverdale fans. But if your a William Blount fan, tell me how in your mind William Blount has been a better playoff team than DB.

QUOTE(noonesfool @ Apr 3 2007 - 11:19 PM) 826429355[/snapback]I'll take DB in the regular season. And since Old Dad and Lost Old Dad are down on Oak Ridge coaching. I predict that Oak Ridge will not be there to beat DB in the first round. I'm not saying that DB will win 1st round play offs either. /wink.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=";)" border="0" alt="wink.gif" />

Speaking of 1st round playoff games. It would be interesting to see what teams in the state have the most 1st. round loses, and what teams have the most 1st. round wins. In the case of DB, here on coacht nobody ever mentions DB's first round wins, just their loses. And nobody ever mentions any other teams first round loses. I know there are some teams in 5A alone that have 5 straight 1st round loses, and nobody ever brings it up. Heck some teams only make the playoffs ever 5 yrs. or so, and you can actually get in the playoffs with a losing record. I think that out of the past 10 years DB has won 7 first round games and lost 3. But you still have these nitwits saying DB can't get by the 1st round.

QUOTE(WaCoJaCo @ Apr 4 2007 - 07:08 AM) 826429556[/snapback]Who wins?.......Who know's?

I can't figure why people like to single out DB's loses in the playoffs unless they just hate DB. Your team can't be called the "State represenitive" unless you win the State Championship. Your not a "State represenitive" in the first round of the playoffs. Everybody says the polls don't mean anything anytime DB is ranked #1, then when they lose in the playoffs everybody jumps all over them for being the #1 ranked team and losing in the first round. Seams like to me if the polls don't mean anything then it should not be a big deal to see them lose in the first round. And you want to make a big deal out of William Blount beating DB twice in the playoffs, how many times has DB beat William Blount? How many times has William Blount even been in the playoffs? You ask how many times DB has went 10-0 and lost in the first round? 3, maybe 4 times, and from a school that has about 700 wins thats not alot is it. When your team enters the playoffs it really doesn't matter what your record is and I bet DB has had more success in the playoffs than most teams in the state. I would have to take a little poking from the likes of Maryville, Oak Ridge, or Riverdale fans. But if your a William Blount fan, tell me how in your mind William Blount has been a better playoff team than DB.

William Blount has defeated DB twice at their house, even though i remember the next year DB crushed us 48-0... William Blount hasn't been a great playoff team i'll admit; however every year william blount has improved and I believe will continue to improve... The reason I think that people jump all over DB is they have overlook their (at least) first round opponet the last couple years. I look forward to seeing us play DB. I can personally say we'll be ready to play.

QUOTE(WaCoJaCo @ Apr 4 2007 - 09:08 AM) 826429556[/snapback]Who wins?.......Who know's?

The polls DON'T mean anything...but when you have a 10-0 record, you're expected to make it past the first-round of the playoffs. Two words come to mind, one is CHOKE and the second is OVERRATED. However, I'm never sure how good DB is during the regular season...if they would play anyone other than Tennessee High, we might find out every once in a while. William Blount has been a better playoff team, for one, because we've beat you twice at your house in the first round when you were "10-0". Besides, since the present is all that matters, WB moved on in the playoffs this past season, while DB watched from Kingsport.

QUOTE(TG24 @ Apr 4 2007 - 11:28 AM) 826429676[/snapback]The polls DON'T mean anything...but when you have a 10-0 record, you're expected to make it past the first-round of the playoffs. Two words come to mind, one is CHOKE and the second is OVERRATED. However, I'm never sure how good DB is during the regular season...if they would play anyone other than Tennessee High, we might find out every once in a while. William Blount has been a better playoff team, for one, because we've beat you twice at your house in the first round when you were "10-0". Besides, since the present is all that matters, WB moved on in the playoffs this past season, while DB watched from Kingsport.

William Blount has not been the better playoff team just because they have beat DB twice at DB. That doesn't even make since. Id be willing to bet the farm that by precentage William Blount has lost in the first round alot more than DB. If William Blount was even in the playoffs more or even came into the playoffs other than a 4th seed you couldn't even make this argument. If you play DB in the playoffs its probably going to have to be at DB because your usually 4th. in Region 2 at best. If you had even made it to the playoffs the year DB beat you 48-0 do you think you could of beat DB in the first round. Im saying DB would Beat William Blount at least 8 out of 10 first round playoff games if only you guys could make it to the playoffs 10 straight years. If the present is all that matters, why bring up last years playoff game, or why are you even talking about it at all?

QUOTE(WaCoJaCo @ Apr 4 2007 - 10:13 AM) 826429721[/snapback]William Blount has not been the better playoff team just because they have beat DB twice at DB. That doesn't even make since. Id be willing to bet the farm that by precentage William Blount has lost in the first round alot more than DB. If William Blount was even in the playoffs more or even came into the playoffs other than a 4th seed you couldn't even make this argument. If you play DB in the playoffs its probably going to have to be at DB because your usually 4th. in Region 2 at best. If you had even made it to the playoffs the year DB beat you 48-0 do you think you could of beat DB in the first round. Im saying DB would Beat William Blount at least 8 out of 10 first round playoff games if only you guys could make it to the playoffs 10 straight years. If the present is all that matters, why bring up last years playoff game, or why are you even talking about it at all?

I'm on the football team so I know what i'm saying on this part...William Blount SHOULD (I believe) have been higher than 4th we just made a lot of mistakes that cost us some games, however region 2 is way more competitive than region 1... Not saying DB isn't a good team just that they don't play many great teams...We play DB in the second week of the season this year, I think the winner could possibly get the loser again in the playoffs; basically saying let the pads do the talking.

QUOTE(WBMD83 @ Apr 4 2007 - 03:26 PM) 826429941[/snapback]I'm on the football team so I know what i'm saying on this part...William Blount SHOULD (I believe) have been higher than 4th we just made a lot of mistakes that cost us some games, however region 2 is way more competitive than region 1... Not saying DB isn't a good team just that they don't play many great teams...We play DB in the second week of the season this year, I think the winner could possibly get the loser again in the playoffs; basically saying let the pads do the talking.

I agree, William Blount should of been higher than #4 in Region 2, and DB SHOULD of won the first round game, but neither played out that way. Region 2 is more competive than Region 1 right now, but it hasn't always been that way nor will it always be that way. Sevier Co. and Jefferson Co. have been down for a few years but should be back in form soon. Then theres Science Hill who just hired a new coach that thinks he's the best in the world. William Blount is a up and coming team that I think is here to stay. I just don't think they have bragging rights over DB as for as the playoffs are concerned. Not yet anyway.