Dobyns-Bennett Football

DBTeepee

My understanding is that there is a bit of a drop off in talent at D-B from '06. Of course, that would be understandable as that was the most talented team in recent D-B history and probably their best chance to win a state title in the near past and future. I also have heard from f'ball parents that there were several kids who unexpectly quit over the off season and spring. It sounded to me like it was more than the normal attrition. There are some genuine concerns (and pressure) that this year's seniors might be the first class in a long time to not win the Big East. Now this all could be sandbagging by the Tribe faithful on the way to a "normal" 9-1 regular season. And you are still champs and the big dog in the neighborhood until someone beats you. That said, I say 8-2 regular season and second round playoff exit.

• Replies 333
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This is amazing. All this talk about NET football in April. It seems like it was just yesterday that DB lost to WB, and what a way to start the season out by playing them again. Yes, DB did lose a lot of talent from their '06 class, but the late '98 team had a lot of talent as well and the next year the '99 team went on through the 2nd round of playoffs after a slow start and eventually lost to the Ridge in the 3rd. Talent in high school football goes along way, but so does coaching. Right now in the state of TN I would be pressed to find a better all around staff than the one right here in Kingsport. I'm with the WB kid when he said "let the pad's do the talkin".

My prediction: 8-2 regular season with a 3rd round playoff exit.

Roll Elephants Roll!

• 2 weeks later...

QUOTE(3 @ Apr 5 2007 - 04:20 PM) 826430831[/snapback]You're way too much fun, Bud. I'm no Viking fan. They wouldn't want me around, either. I enjoyed those Vike posters as much as I do you. When they started showing up on CoachT way back in '04 THS had a darn good team. Looks like most of them have given up on internet posting.

Too bad DB didn't get to play them. Would've been ugly for the Indians. That was, in all fairness, before the new DB fieldhouse debuted. And we all know how DB has improved. Right?

Do I detect a hint of sarcasm and jealousy? You don't know anymore than I do who would have won if they had played. But I did hear from a Viking grad who felt like DB had the better team that year.

As for DB being down this year...don't under estimate DB. Every year theres those certain two or three teams that say this is year there goin' to win. Let's not forget about a upcoming JR class full of talent. Sylvester being one of them, a very quick, sharp player. He just needs to learn to put his head down sometimes also some good D commin' this year like always im sure Catfish will have the D out and ready to hit. DB 10-0 this year

ROLL TRIBE

QUOTE(lordofthescreens @ Apr 10 2007 - 08:15 PM) 826434366[/snapback]My understanding is that there is a bit of a drop off in talent at D-B from '06. Of course, that would be understandable as that was the most talented team in recent D-B history and probably their best chance to win a state title in the near past and future. I also have heard from f'ball parents that there were several kids who unexpectly quit over the off season and spring. It sounded to me like it was more than the normal attrition. There are some genuine concerns (and pressure) that this year's seniors might be the first class in a long time to not win the Big East. Now this all could be sandbagging by the Tribe faithful on the way to a "normal" 9-1 regular season. And you are still champs and the big dog in the neighborhood until someone beats you. That said, I say 8-2 regular season and second round playoff exit.

Hey Lord of the screens I read on another thread that you said that THS jv beat DB's jv last year.I must to have missed that game .DB's jv went undefeated.Where were you? /blink.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":blink:" border="0" alt="blink.gif" />

QUOTE(plowboy2 @ May 2 2007 - 09:34 PM) 826450378[/snapback]Hey Lord of the screens I read on another thread that you said that THS jv beat DB's jv last year.I must to have missed that game .DB's jv went undefeated.Where were you? /blink.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":blink:" border="0" alt="blink.gif" />

He may have got it a lil twisted but I watched dbs freshman team get waxed by TH's last season before the db vs SHHS jv contest.

QUOTE(WaCoJaCo @ May 4 2007 - 02:13 PM) 826451825[/snapback]I think a shipwreck would look good on their helmets.

That would be the ship that Gilligan was on that crashed on a hill right?By the way Gilligan is showing up on baseball threads as the Smooth Operator. /laugh.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":lol:" border="0" alt="laugh.gif" />