Dobyns-Bennett Football

DBTeepee

QUOTE(WaCoJaCo @ Apr 4 2007 - 12:13 PM) 826429721[/snapback]William Blount has not been the better playoff team just because they have beat DB twice at DB. That doesn't even make since. Id be willing to bet the farm that by precentage William Blount has lost in the first round alot more than DB. If William Blount was even in the playoffs more or even came into the playoffs other than a 4th seed you couldn't even make this argument. If you play DB in the playoffs its probably going to have to be at DB because your usually 4th. in Region 2 at best. If you had even made it to the playoffs the year DB beat you 48-0 do you think you could of beat DB in the first round. Im saying DB would Beat William Blount at least 8 out of 10 first round playoff games if only you guys could make it to the playoffs 10 straight years. If the present is all that matters, why bring up last years playoff game, or why are you even talking about it at all?

I'd say head-to-head in the playoffs is a fairly good indicator of who the better playoff team is, no? And is being in the playoffs 5 out of the last 6 years not good enough to say that we're consistently in the playoffs? Things HAVE changed at William Blount, and DB can attest to that. And I do think we could have beaten DB in the first round that year, we have every other year. Although it is the past, the most current thing on DB's schedule is a loss to William Blount. You guys won't blow an undefeated record against us this in the playoffs, however, that deed will be done Week 1 @ William Blount.

I do think that DB is a great team and they have a lot of respect from me. They have had such great regular season success that post-season slip-ups are magnified, and I don't think that's entirely fair. It should be a great game come Week 1, and I'm sure DB will bring all we want, but I believe in us and feel that we will come out on top.

• Replies 333
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(cbg @ Mar 15 2007 - 03:09 PM) 826413056[/snapback]Is that not a typical season for DB?

Actually no

QUOTE(PowrPlus @ Mar 18 2007 - 09:34 AM) 826416083[/snapback]I noticed none of you D-B'ers have commented on the realm of possibility that your beloved D-B could loss 2 or 3 regular season games this year. But, definitely jump on the possibility of SH beating you "this year" in your own backyard.

"Ohh Noo"

"Well, maybe sometime...once ever 13 times or so" ?

A new Beast from The East is rising up!

heard that before

TG24,

From what I know DB will be down in 2007. I know WB is on the way up with a great coach that finally was able to get a hold of that program by the horns and take off. Many DB fans knew going into the 1st round last year that WB was not a good matchup for DB. WB had a very large team and was very physical. LAst year, DB was down on size and plaeyd more of a finess game, which always worried me. However in 2007, as usual DB always has a pretty good game plan, and I can't remember them ever getting blown away. On paper I think WB has the advantage in 2007, but it will be a close one.

Roll Tribe

QUOTE(bud @ Apr 4 2007 - 06:52 PM) 826430121[/snapback]TG24,

From what I know DB will be down in 2007. I know WB is on the way up with a great coach that finally was able to get a hold of that program by the horns and take off. Many DB fans knew going into the 1st round last year that WB was not a good matchup for DB. WB had a very large team and was very physical. LAst year, DB was down on size and plaeyd more of a finess game, which always worried me. However in 2007, as usual DB always has a pretty good game plan, and I can't remember them ever getting blown away. On paper I think WB has the advantage in 2007, but it will be a close one.

Roll Tribe

Thats just plain silly. Meadows described as "a great coach that finally was able to get a hold of that program by the horns and take off" is just dumb.

Oh really 03? Your the only one on this website that thinks Meadows is not a good Coach. Hey, if you decide to switch teams you pull for again, will you erase all of your posts about that team like you did when you jumped ship on TN High?

QUOTE(TG24 @ Apr 4 2007 - 05:01 PM) 826430015[/snapback]And I do think we could have beaten DB in the first round that year, we have every other year.

That is incorrect....2002 playoffs first round was a 48-0 vicotry by the Tribe. Get your facts straight before you get on here making claims that are false and spreading mis-information.

FYI...there are no excuses for last year's game but the video clearly showed that the 1st TD called back for illegal man down field was wrong, and the 2nd TD wiped off for Throp being out of bounds was clearly a wrong call. That would have made it a 21-0 score and changed the whole scope of the game.

Like I have said before, that is all on the ref and I don't want to take anything away from the vicotry by WB because they showed total class after the game by the kids/coahes coming on the field and shaking hands and not making a spectical of the win. And by calling it a "choke" on the DB kids takes everything away from the effort by the WB kids and you should be ashamed as a fan to feel that way about your team. Why can't it just be a great win for your team instead of the talk of overated and choking because that discredits the fine work your coach has done at that program. /wink.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=";)" border="0" alt="wink.gif" />

QUOTE(WaCoJaCo @ Apr 4 2007 - 09:24 AM) 826429571[/snapback]Speaking of 1st round playoff games. It would be interesting to see what teams in the state have the most 1st. round loses, and what teams have the most 1st. round wins. In the case of DB, here on coacht nobody ever mentions DB's first round wins, just their loses. And nobody ever mentions any other teams first round loses. I know there are some teams in 5A alone that have 5 straight 1st round loses, and nobody ever brings it up. Heck some teams only make the playoffs ever 5 yrs. or so, and you can actually get in the playoffs with a losing record. I think that out of the past 10 years DB has won 7 first round games and lost 3. But you still have these nitwits saying DB can't get by the 1st round.

Losing in the first round as a 4 seed is expected. Losing as a 1 seed is not. I think this is what people remember about DB. People also have short memories. Last time out, they got beat at home by a 4. WaCoJaCo, I'll be at the WB/DB game with a hat on with my CoachT screen name on it. You DB folks ought to stick around for the main event on Friday night.

QUOTE(bud @ Apr 5 2007 - 03:17 PM) 826430802[/snapback]Oh really 03? Your the only one on this website that thinks Meadows is not a good Coach. Hey, if you decide to switch teams you pull for again, will you erase all of your posts about that team like you did when you jumped ship on TN High?

You're way too much fun, Bud. I'm no Viking fan. They wouldn't want me around, either. I enjoyed those Vike posters as much as I do you. When they started showing up on CoachT way back in '04 THS had a darn good team. Looks like most of them have given up on internet posting.

Too bad DB didn't get to play them. Would've been ugly for the Indians. That was, in all fairness, before the new DB fieldhouse debuted. And we all know how DB has improved. Right?

Jordan Edwards (Jr. to be) 6-5 Post Player for the Tribe has joined the G-Man Football Team. A big target with hands and speed and strength... BIG addition. Jordan will play TE, maybe DE. Skill Positions maybe better in '07 than last year.

No drop off coming, the Beast of the East is getting stronger.

Roll Tribe Roll

Giddy Up!!