Dobyns-Bennett Football

DBTeepee

• Replies 333
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The last thread has gotten out of hand and unorganized, so I have chosen to begin a new thread....

Topic #1-QB Battle Brewing

After the passing camps it is clear that there is some fierce competition about to take place heading into fall practice...Ring has struggled at times, mainly with his decision making, and Crawford hasnt been able to separate himself. Both are viable options to take the reins and lead the tribe this year, if one can prove that he can make the plays.

any thoughts, especially from skunk

I have watched the passing drills and think Crawford has seperated himself in the drills.Last nite he threw no interceptions and 5 tds.On the other hand Ring looked confused at times and threw several interceptions.Ring was left in for a long time and I am guessing it was to build up his confidence.Ring had the best receivers with him while Crawford had 2nd string receivers to throw to who were havivg a hard time holding on to ball with the exception of Jordan Edwards who made some good catches.Rumor has it Clark is giving Ring the starting job but better perform.After all he is a senior.Time wil tell.

7 on 7 is good practice...but, we haven't put pads on yet...there are a lot of good kids on this year's D-B team who have talent, but haven't yet had the game experience...I am going to be patient and have confidence in the coaches and players...There is not an easy game on D-B's schedule and Tennessee High is the first game and thus should be the only one being talked about now.

Roll Tribe Roll

how did todays passing camp go, I wasnt able to make it?

What I saw is Ring looked good! Great release. The Soph. looked awesome...great form. Jamie participated. Sly looked spot-on, the Memphis kid is on and somebody said Sensabaugh was there but I didn't see him. I'm leaving now don't worry.

how did todays passing camp go, I wasnt able to make it?

You would have thought it was a real game the way the south coaches were yelling.Phillips dressed out today and they beat Db by a couple tds.South's players were fired up pretty much.People talking how they could beat DB this year.To bad we are not playing each other.Ring threw a couple interceptions looked like he was in a hurry or something.He will come around.Jordan Edwards looked good at receiver.Crawford and Slyvester hooked up a couple times.Early yet.