Dobyns-Bennett Football

DBTeepee

• Replies 333
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Thanks I didn't realize what was going on.Good luck to The Vikings,I heard you had good team this year.Looking forward to the opener up there at the castle.Brings back alot of memories.

The Vikings will be very young this year, but they have potential.

How's the Indian offense looking? Any go-to receivers with Sensabaugh-type speed?

The Vikings will be very young this year, but they have potential.

How's the Indian offense looking? Any go-to receivers with Sensabaugh-type speed?

NObody with that kinda speed.The backup QB looks good at receiver and a kid who hasn't been playing football at all an Edwards kid is really stepping up at receiver.DB is young this year and the team needs some players to step up and make some things happen.There is a lot of talent on the field,it is up to the players who will stand out.

yeah Graham used to adjust the playbook every year according to the strengths of the team, but ever since he opened up the passing offense with Duran he hasn't really gone back, and passing is NOT this team's strength. They need to have a much more balanced or run-heavy offense than they have had in recent years but it doesnt look like thats going to happen right now.

Ring will start and do fine if you ask me...other than William Blount there isnt too much stiff competition early on judging from years past..but every year is a new beginning for each team so who knows

I would certainly put last years Knox Bearden game in the stiff category and I'm sure the coaches are viewing this years game as even stiffer. A few good breaks against TN H last year or that would have been a loss. Dont be suprised if the Indians are 0-3 or 0-4. Will DB's center be back? Remember the impact the 2nd string center had for the South/DB game. Unlike prior years, DB will have more players playing both ways with no time for rest.

You would have thought it was a real game the way the south coaches were yelling.Phillips dressed out today and they beat Db by a couple tds.South's players were fired up pretty much.People talking how they could beat DB this year.To bad we are not playing each other.Ring threw a couple interceptions looked like he was in a hurry or something.He will come around.Jordan Edwards looked good at receiver.Crawford and Slyvester hooked up a couple times.Early yet.

Glad to hear SS was fired up. They have finally figured out how to beat D-B. Schedule 7 on 7 only, no pass rush or center snaps to worry about.

Sorry, Rebels. It's not real football. That said, I would like to see them play this year. It would more like '05 than '06, I think.

I have watched the passing drills and think Crawford has seperated himself in the drills.Last nite he threw no interceptions and 5 tds.On the other hand Ring looked confused at times and threw several interceptions.Ring was left in for a long time and I am guessing it was to build up his confidence.Ring had the best receivers with him while Crawford had 2nd string receivers to throw to who were havivg a hard time holding on to ball with the exception of Jordan Edwards who made some good catches.Rumor has it Clark is giving Ring the starting job but better perform.After all he is a senior.Time wil tell.

7 on 7 is not real football. Ring will start the season and be on a relatively short lease. I do agree there is a legitimate difference of opinion in Tribe Nation on which of the two is better. Can the Crawford kid play wide out or somewhere else on the field, if there was a desire to get him some game speed experience, in the short term?