Chattanooga-Area All-Star Game

doc6

• Replies 48
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(abc123kid @ Mar 18 2007 - 10:03 AM) 826416172[/snapback]Thats retarded

I have attended this game in past years and I think it is an outstanding event. The organizers invite college coaches in to evaluate the best talent in the area all on one court. Every year it seems like someone signs a scholarship as a result of this game. Are they all Division I scholarships? No, but the organizers give these kids a chance to continue their dream of playing basketball at the next level, while getting an education. The sad reality is that some of these kids would not even go to college if it weren't for the game of basketball because of their financial backgrounds. If a kid can get a full or even a partial scholarship to soften the blow of ever rising college costs then good for them. I think the game is a great idea and I hope the organizers continue to have the game for years and years. So instead of negative comments like the above, we need to have more people trying to do something positive in their communities.

I agree with tfyrams. Who else is doing this in the community? I know these guys don't personally getting any financial gain from this event, as all the money goes back into having the game the following year. I have also supported this game for the last four years, and I am going again this year. You would be surprised how many kids, boys and girls sign some sort of scholarship from this game. I believe it is a GREAT idea, and they should keep up the good work.

As for the dunk contest being in the middle of the boys game, it gives the boys time to warm up.

QUOTE(mtnman @ Mar 20 2007 - 12:04 PM) 826418393[/snapback]the last one I saw was the year Jonathan Adams and Charles Little went head to head in the dunk contest. It was pretty awesome.

Yeah...I was there for that one too. I wish they had this type of game when I was in high school. It gives these kids one last time to play with people that they might have wanted to play against all season long, but didn't get the opportunity. From my encounters, the players selected really look forward to getting that letter in the mail inviting them to play in the game. Its not the McDonalds game, but for some of these kids....its realistically what they had their sights on during their high school careers.

QUOTE(burndemnets @ Mar 20 2007 - 08:55 AM) 826418270[/snapback]I agree with tfyrams. Who else is doing this in the community? I know these guys don't personally getting any financial gain from this event, as all the money goes back into having the game the following year. I have also supported this game for the last four years, and I am going again this year. You would be surprised how many kids, boys and girls sign some sort of scholarship from this game. I believe it is a GREAT idea, and they should keep up the good work.

As for the dunk contest being in the middle of the boys game, it gives the boys time to warm up.

Who is the organizer for this event?

QUOTE(mtnman @ Mar 20 2007 - 12:04 PM) 826418393[/snapback]the last one I saw was the year Jonathan Adams and Charles Little went head to head in the dunk contest. It was pretty awesome.

http://www.coacht.com/gallery/single.cfm?PhotoID=29443

Baylor's Jonathan Adams

http://www.coacht.com/gallery/single.cfm?PhotoID=29444

Cleveland's Charles White

http://www.coacht.com/gallery/single.cfm?PhotoID=29449

Temple's Caleb Skogen

2005 Dunk Contest Pics

QUOTE(hustlintiger @ Mar 21 2007 - 07:17 AM) 826419150[/snapback]any list of the people playing

Those I know of:

Steven Satterfield- Howard

Dee Newsome- Temple

Nico Bates- Brainerd

E'Jay- Brainerd

Walter Dozier- McCallie

Ron Anderson- McCallie

Darrin Chandler- Tyner

Eric Grant- Tyner

PJ Bates- Tyner

I'll call to get an updated roster, and post it later.

QUOTE(doc6 @ Mar 21 2007 - 09:29 AM) 826419312[/snapback]Those I know of:

Dee Newsome- Temple

Nico Bates- Brainerd

E'Jay- Brainerd

Walter Dozier- McCallie

Ron Anderson- McCallie

Darrin Chandler- Tyner

Eric Grant- Tyner

PJ Bates- Tyner

Who starts and whos on teams

QUOTE(doc6 @ Mar 21 2007 - 10:29 AM) 826419312[/snapback]Those I know of:

Dee Newsome- Temple

Nico Bates- Brainerd

E'Jay- Brainerd

Walter Dozier- McCallie

Ron Anderson- McCallie

Darrin Chandler- Tyner

Eric Grant- Tyner

PJ Bates- Tyner

Who is the organizer for this event?