Humboldt vs Temple

frankieD12

• Replies 153
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Congrats to Temple on winning, and huge Congrats to MJ on winning Mr. Basketball....He will win it again next year too....he's the best player in Single A....Skogen even said he deserved it.....[/quote]

Thats what I'm talking about with Temple being a classy bunch. They never complain even when things dont go their way. How many kids would say the other guy deserved it more after the disappointment of not winning Mr. Basketball, it speaks volumes for Seth's character.. Coach Skogan and Temple's previous coach Dan Wadley teach more than basketball, they build character n their players. Congratulations to Temple once again on a great season.

PS Thank you to Temple for winning another title for us small schools big is not always better.

QUOTE(HoopsterPlaya @ Mar 19 2007 - 10:35 PM) 826418028[/snapback]When did he say this after the Humboldt game and where did you hear it or read it?

It was said in the paper on Sunday morning. After the CSAS game. this guy doesn't know what he is talking about. just ignore him, hoopster poopster. /tongue.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":P" border="0" alt="tongue.gif" />

QUOTE(HoopsterPlaya @ Mar 19 2007 - 09:35 PM) 826418028[/snapback]When did he say this after the Humboldt game and where did you hear it or read it?

One of Humboldt's players was in the pressroom and heard him say he was going to take a vacation after beating CSAS. Our player was standing right beside him. I'm sure the paper wouldn't want to print a comment such as that. Knowing this player as I do I don't think he would lie or have any reason to lie about it.

QUOTE(oldtimeballer63 @ Mar 20 2007 - 09:30 PM) 826418914[/snapback]I really don't think Coach Skogen said that before the CSAS/Temple game.

Sounds like someone's just trying to start something.

I'm sure that Coach Skogen is a fine man. Guess it really doesn't matter one way or another now because he did indeed win the championship. Congrats to him and I hope he enjoys his vacation.

QUOTE(BIG D 55 @ Mar 20 2007 - 07:24 PM) 826418819[/snapback]One of Humboldt's players was in the pressroom and heard him say he was going to take a vacation after beating CSAS. Our player was standing right beside him. I'm sure the paper wouldn't want to print a comment such as that. Knowing this player as I do I don't think he would lie or have any reason to lie about it.

Big D,

Just so you know I can assure you that I did not make the comment that you have been told that I made. I do not think anyone is "lying" about anything, just a misunderstanding. The reporter asked me what I was going to do after the championship game since we had made it that far and that is when I made my comment. I never said anything about "after beating CSAS", I have too much respect for coach Dragoo and how well he had his team playing to ever make such a comment. Humbolt was also a great opponent and we were very fortunate to get away from that one with a win, I am glad the game didn't last another 2 minutes. As to my arrogance, I have many sins that I pray the Lord will give me the ability to put to death and that is definately at the top of the list, but I do hate my pride and realize that there is no room for it in the life of anyone who truly understands the work of Christ. By God's grace I will continue to make strides against it. God bless you and all the Humbolt community, it was an honor to get to play your very fine team.

Kevin D. Skogen

(While on vacation)