Humboldt vs Temple

frankieD12

QUOTE(PBG030 @ Mar 15 2007 - 10:01 AM) 826412745[/snapback]yeah and apparently Humboldt wasn't on their toes at all times last night.

They weren't on their toes, but atleast they scored in the 60s.....Temple hasn't scored 50 yet... /blink.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":blink:" border="0" alt="blink.gif" />

• Replies 153
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(backinthaoc @ Mar 15 2007 - 11:02 AM) 826412749[/snapback]Maybe I should have predicted your team to win.....

With all this talk about class on these boards,you sure showed a lack of it...Ignorant??...With a post like that,you are showing yours.....

travellin_man...good post...You are right,what happened during the season doesn't even matter now...At this time of the year,you should be peaking...If Temple is peaking,they are in bigtime trouble....

my statement was not classless. If I had said, "you mean jerks. poop on you". then you could say that was a bit unclassy. You had nothing else to say so you thought of some little assinine comment. Or did that hurt your feelings to?

Anyways, back to the games....

QUOTE(backinthaoc @ Mar 15 2007 - 11:02 AM) 826412749[/snapback]Maybe I should have predicted your team to win.....

With all this talk about class on these boards,you sure showed a lack of it...Ignorant??...With a post like that,you are showing yours.....

travellin_man...good post...You are right,what happened during the season doesn't even matter now...At this time of the year,you should be peaking...If Temple is peaking,they are in bigtime trouble....

oh and the definition of ignorant, according to dictionary.com is:

1. lacking in knowledge or training; unlearned: an ignorant man.

2. lacking knowledge or information as to a particular subject or fact: ignorant of quantum physics.

3. uninformed; unaware.

Therefore my statement is true. Most people there lack the knowledge of temple's abilities. In closing my statement of those knowing nothing about temple to be ignorant was in no way shape or form unclassy.

QUOTE(backinthaoc @ Mar 15 2007 - 09:02 AM) 826412749[/snapback]Maybe I should have predicted your team to win.....

Humboldt is a great team- they aren't in the semi's for no reason- one of the best teams in the state and definitely one of the most athletic. They obviously shot the ball poorly from the FT line- which could cost them huge tommorrow.... that being said...

If you really think a Temple team is peaking after shooting 31% from the floor- that is a joke....obviously everyone who hasn't seen them play and saw them play says....they can't shoot and didn't play well....I agree....however I just honestly don't believe Temple will shoot like that FRI and therefore I think they will be playing saturday... Temple shoots decent ...Temple wins....skogen, newson get hot- temple wins by 15+

QUOTE(IOWNYOU149 @ Mar 15 2007 - 11:16 AM) 826412766[/snapback]Humboldt is a great team- they aren't in the semi's for no reason- one of the best teams in the state and definitely one of the most athletic. They obviously shot the ball poorly from the FT line- which could cost them huge tommorrow.... that being said...

If you really think a Temple team is peaking after shooting 31% from the floor- that is a joke....obviously everyone who hasn't seen them play and saw them play says....they can't shoot and didn't play well....I agree....however I just honestly don't believe Temple will shoot like that FRI and therefore I think they will be playing saturday... Temple shoots decent ...Temple wins....skogen, newson get hot- temple wins by 15+

How many times have we seen Temple not play their best game this season and still win. It cost them three times against good teams. If they are in sync for 32 minutes, there is no team in single a that can beat them.

QUOTE(treefitty74 @ Mar 15 2007 - 11:06 AM) 826412754[/snapback]They weren't on their toes, but atleast they scored in the 60s.....Temple hasn't scored 50 yet... /blink.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":blink:" border="0" alt="blink.gif" />

i forgot, true winners only score well over 50. if the winning team doesn't score over 50, then they didn't accomplish their goal. Because we all know defense has nothing to do with winning games! /biggrin.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":D" border="0" alt="biggrin.gif" />

QUOTE(Pasture @ Mar 15 2007 - 09:20 AM) 826412772[/snapback]How many times have we seen Temple not play their best game this season and still win. It cost them three times against good teams. If they are in sync for 32 minutes, there is no team in single a that can beat them.

WOW I AGREE WITH YOU!!

QUOTE(Pasture @ Mar 15 2007 - 10:20 AM) 826412772[/snapback]How many times have we seen Temple not play their best game this season and still win. It cost them three times against good teams. If they are in sync for 32 minutes, there is no team in single a that can beat them.

I will have to disagree with you here.....Humboldt plays their game, which I know they are very capable of playing, and Temple plays their game....I still think Humboldt will win....

QUOTE(PBG030 @ Mar 15 2007 - 10:21 AM) 826412774[/snapback]i forgot, true winners only score well over 50. if the winning team doesn't score over 50, then they didn't accomplish their goal. Because we all know defense has nothing to do with winning games! /biggrin.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":D" border="0" alt="biggrin.gif" />

When most of the turnovers are walking and dribbling off the foot, its not great defense its crappy playing.... /huh.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":huh:" border="0" alt="huh.gif" />

QUOTE(treefitty74 @ Mar 15 2007 - 11:23 AM) 826412778[/snapback]I will have to disagree with you here.....Humboldt plays their game, which I know they are very capable of playing, and Temple plays their game....I still think Humboldt will win....

Well... That is why they play the games isn't it? Two very good teams matching up tomorrow. The odds are slightly in Temple's favor. Humboldt is not as good a team this year as last year. Temple's team is better than last year's team and better than last year's Grace team that put Humboldt out in the semi-final game. In my opinion, Temple is humble after last year's lost in the sectional. Humboldt is big-headed. Many seem to think that the door is wide open to the gold ball since they put out Union City. Don't forget that the road to the gold ball goes through Chattanooga, especially this year.

QUOTE(treefitty74 @ Mar 15 2007 - 11:28 AM) 826412783[/snapback]When most of the turnovers are walking and dribbling off the foot, its not great defense its crappy playing.... /huh.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":huh:" border="0" alt="huh.gif" />

really? did you actually watch the game? Did you see temple's full court press? Did you see that their defense is what caused EL's clumsiness?

People told Skogen that he shouldn't press EL b/c they were fast and people can't stay with EL's speed. Temple played an uptempo game and caused many turnovers. Call it what you want. Keep hatin' on Temple.

QUOTE(treefitty74 @ Mar 15 2007 - 11:06 AM) 826412754[/snapback]They weren't on their toes, but atleast they scored in the 60s.....Temple hasn't scored 50 yet... /blink.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":blink:" border="0" alt="blink.gif" />

I guess when a team scores less than 50 points that makes them a sub par team, right?

If my memory serves me right, I can remember when a couple of guys (who played on a mediocre team called Bolivar Central) by the name of Wayne Chism and Willie Kemp played for a state AA championship against Raleigh Egypt. The score in that game was 44-40.