Temple

fargen01

The difference is that our transfers sat out to be eligible. Have you ever heard of a Temple transfer sitting out? No, they transfer and play!

I know of several Temple transfers who have sat out, and I'm not even close to the program. Since you are so knowledgeable about Temple's program, tell us some players who broke TSSAA rules and played too soon. If you can't, shut up and quit whining.

• Replies 619
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

There are a lot of rumors floating around about Chastain and I doubt that the smoke is ready to clear yet. Chastain is very careful about recruiting so I doubt, as many seem to be saying, that it is related to recruiting. Scott does have a very big problem with keeping his mouth closed and he is a big politician and manipulater. His mouth has caused plenty of problems in the past. I would be more inclined to believe that he is in trouble because he crossed swords with the new AD. I do not know that but that would be my guess. IOWNYOU seemed pretty knowledgeable about the situation.

Coach Chastain struck me as outspoken so I think you may have hit on a very possible reason. Likewise his son was a freshman QB so there may have been some friction there. You have mention politics at the school being an issue at times. Being objective when your son is on the team can be difficult. Is Coach Chastian also a teacher at the school?

I know of several Temple transfers who have sat out, and I'm not even close to the program. Since you are so knowledgeable about Temple's program, tell us some players who broke TSSAA rules and played too soon. If you can't, shut up and quit whining.

I don't claim to be close to the Temple program. From the tone of your post I would say that it is driving you crazy to consider the possibility that instead of beating up on everyone, you are faced with getting beat by Silverdale, Grace, etc.!

I don't claim to be close to the Temple program. From the tone of your post I would say that it is driving you crazy to consider the possibility that instead of beating up on everyone, you are faced with getting beat by Silverdale, Grace, etc.!

Honestly from what I hear, even DB has a chance to beat Temple. They play in the jamboree on the 17th!

Ridley also was a transfer and made a difference. With him, Joey and Josh, they had a great backfield. Three of the toughest runners I have seen.

This will be another hurdle Temple will have to jump to have a successful program. (losing a coach)

It's going to be an uphill battle.

Someone said Kell was pivotal to the offensive play calling last year, or did a misread that?

Seemed like Skogen was the only play caller but maybe I missed something.

Temple has a whole slew of seniors this year who obviously will not be around next year. Not all those seniors played last year so it is not as though they all had been playing together since kindergarten. The two non-senior transfers to McCallie were Seth Wadley and Joey Skogen.

It is true that there are absolutley no starters returning. There are no more Wadleys or Skogens, either. To say that Temple is going to be weak next year and at the bottom of the barrel would be correct. Will Temple get abused and beat up on next year? Absolutely.

All I can say is take your licks while you can because it is doubtful they will come easy after next year.

Be careful about underestimating Temple, though. It may come back to bite you. Everything is not always the way it seems and there are a number of moons between now and kick-off.

I agree with pasture... next year might be horrible for temple, but the three years to come after that should be pretty decent.

Coach Chastain struck me as outspoken so I think you may have hit on a very possible reason. Likewise his son was a freshman QB so there may have been some friction there. You have mention politics at the school being an issue at times. Being objective when your son is on the team can be difficult. Is Coach Chastian also a teacher at the school?

I think Coach Chastain taught a Bible class but with his termination as the head coach, I am not sure if he is still a teacher or not.

Silverdale fan posted:

"From the tone of your post I would say that it is driving you crazy to consider the possibility that instead of beating up on everyone, you are faced with getting beat by Silverdale, Grace, etc.!"

I had to giggle when I read that because I will be the first to admit it bothers the heck out of me to think of gettinig beat up by Grace, DB, or SD. Getting beat up by South Pittsburg is just part of the annual festivities

FCSPride. I did not intend to offend with my comments, please forgive me.

I had to giggle when I read that because I will be the first to admit it bothers the heck out of me to think of gettinig beat up by Grace, DB, or SD. Getting beat up by South Pittsburg is just part of the annual festivities

Back to normal this year I guess . Well I'll be excited when the game comes around because my son may actually get to see the field against you guys . We will take care of SD for you too.

Actually it won't bother me if Temple gets beat by those teams. I won't like it, but I'll accept it because that's the way it goes when you're rebuilding. What bothers me is people like you who accuse good, honest programs of breaking the rules when you have no facts to back it up.

So other than the statement that IOWNYOU is very knowledgeable about the situation, has anyone heard anything else? Did the coach meet with the principal today like he said he wanted to do in the paper last week?

I heard that Chastain claims that the accusations against him are false and that the kids he allegedly recruited are prepared to give statements in his defense to the principal. I'll bet that he is re-instated in the next few days.