UNAKA FOOTBALL 2007

AsIs

QUOTE(pujo @ Apr 24 2007 - 10:45 AM) 826444050[/snapback]What does the schedule look like old24eagle.

We added three AAA schools to the schedule. We open with AAA gibbs at home then go to AAA pigeon forge , and we have AAA rutledge later in the season. Rutledge is usually a better than average AAA school but not world beaters by no means , gibbs and PF are both down right now but all three should definetaly present us with a bigger challenge than oakdale , north greene and west greene.

• Replies 141
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(pujo @ Apr 23 2007 - 10:15 AM) 826443281[/snapback]Its all spectulation, Its not out of the question that he could be the head Coach at Hampton. He could go somewhere else or he could give up coaching all together.Then again,it could stay just like it is. There could also be some coaching changes at some of the other schools in the region.

with all thats going on at hampton no one would blame anyone for leaving.

So McClain messing witha student isn't negative? It is very negative, as well as a blemish to a "Blue Ribbon School". I understand that he was a Basketball Coach, but, it still sheds a negative light on your school as a whole. This matter shoudn't be swept under the proverbial rug. All involved should be removed from their position and lose their license.

QUOTE(The_Alliance34 @ Apr 18 2007 - 10:36 AM) 826440294[/snapback]i think robbie will stick in there and get cloudland back to where they once was if the people will give him a chance. it may take a year or two but it will happen. i know robbie personally, he is a good guy, he will work hard, and he knows the game. good luck to the landers

I think Unaka is on the right track but i also think we are doing much more offseason work than in the past few years we have some very good players who played alot last year and i see no reason this cant be the season that we regain the top spot in our district

So McClain messing witha student isn't negative? It is very negative, as well as a blemish to a "Blue Ribbon School". I understand that he was a Basketball Coach, but, it still sheds a negative light on your school as a whole. This matter shoudn't be swept under the proverbial rug. All involved should be removed from their position and lose their license.

[/quot ] Better hope "they" don't dig to deep from all I'm hearing. Could bring about some major changes, from the top to the bottom. Who could blame a parent for not sending their kid to a school with problems like these, I know I wouldn't.

QUOTE(The_Alliance34 @ Apr 26 2007 - 09:52 AM) 826445877[/snapback]i dont see anything negative going on at hampton

Well, incase you didn't know, here is the article.

"Mother pickets schools’ office over teacher’s alleged conduct

Barbara Cole protests in front of the Carter County School System’s Central Office building on Thursday. (Tony Duncan / Johnson City Press)

By John Thompson

Elizabethton Bureau Chief

jthompson@johnsoncitypress.com

ELIZABETHTON — A mother is picketing the Carter County School System’s Central Office this week, protesting the lack of disciplinary action taken against a teacher she says has acted inappropriately toward her daughter.

“I am a parent and I want to protect my child,” Barbara Cole said Thursday as she waved a cardboard sign at passing motorists.

Cole did not identify herself and would not divulge the name of the teacher, but she said she first complained to the school system about the behavior in November.

The Johnson City Press learned from other sources that the accused teacher is former Hampton High School boys basketball coach Mark McClain, who teaches at a different school. McClain stepped down from his post at the end of this season. McClain is the son of Board of Education Chairman Bobby McClain.

After her earlier complaints, Cole said she was told the teacher had been given a verbal reprimand and told not to have any contact with her daughter by any means. Cole said she wanted to check out his personnel file to make sure the reprimand was there, but said she has not been permitted to examine the record. Cole said the teacher showed his arrogance of authority by once again coming to her daughter’s school this week.

She said McClain has also recently given her daughter gifts. One of the gifts was a small Ty Bear holding a bouquet of flowers. It had an attached card that said “because I would like you to be just as happy as you make me, I brought this pretty bouquet so it will brighten your day.”

“I am not just concerned for my child but every child,” Cole said. “He has shown himself to be insubordinate and defiant.”

After complaining to the school system, Cole also went to the Carter County Sheriff’s Department, where she talked to Investigator Randy Bowers. Bowers began an investigation and also put her in contact with the district attorney general’s office.

“This protest is not something I had planned to do. I tried to handle this in a professional manner, but I want my daughter to be safe and if I have to stand out here for a month, I will.”

Director of Schools Dallas Williams said he was sympathetic with Cole’s fears.

“I understand the mother’s concern, but at the same time, I have to make difficult decisions that affect employees,” Williams said.

Because McClain is a tenured teacher, Williams said he needs facts before deciding on whether he has done anything wrong and whether to dismiss or discipline him. Williams said there are two ongoing investigations and he will make his decision based on their results. One is by the sheriff’s department and the second is by the state Department of Children’s Services.

He has been told he should get the results next week.

This is the second time that the sheriff’s department has investigated McClain. Earlier this year, the department looked into Cole’s earlier complaints and said it found no evidence of criminal misconduct."

This is from the Elizabethton Star yesterday.

"The mother said her daughter also had received gifts from her former teacher. Of those was a blue stuffed animal she showed during her protest Wednesday. " At the bottom of the page is a link that shows the picture that was in the paper of the 'alleged bear'.

Do you still not see anything going on bad @ Hampton. Could the new power swing soon been be going to Cloudland, because what parent would want their student involved in this mess. Their can't be any learning going on. I wonder what the transfers parents think now. I know what I'd be thinking, MAROON. Maybe the other basketball coach was right for getting out of there when he did. I wonder what he knew about or saw for that matter?

QUOTE(OIHATETHEM2 @ Apr 27 2007 - 12:49 PM) 826446847[/snapback]Well, incase you didn't know, here is the article.

"Mother pickets schools’ office over teacher’s alleged conduct

Barbara Cole protests in front of the Carter County School System’s Central Office building on Thursday. (Tony Duncan / Johnson City Press)

By John Thompson

Elizabethton Bureau Chief

jthompson@johnsoncitypress.com

ELIZABETHTON — A mother is picketing the Carter County School System’s Central Office this week, protesting the lack of disciplinary action taken against a teacher she says has acted inappropriately toward her daughter.

“I am a parent and I want to protect my child,” Barbara Cole said Thursday as she waved a cardboard sign at passing motorists.

Cole did not identify herself and would not divulge the name of the teacher, but she said she first complained to the school system about the behavior in November.

The Johnson City Press learned from other sources that the accused teacher is former Hampton High School boys basketball coach Mark McClain, who teaches at a different school. McClain stepped down from his post at the end of this season. McClain is the son of Board of Education Chairman Bobby McClain.

After her earlier complaints, Cole said she was told the teacher had been given a verbal reprimand and told not to have any contact with her daughter by any means. Cole said she wanted to check out his personnel file to make sure the reprimand was there, but said she has not been permitted to examine the record. Cole said the teacher showed his arrogance of authority by once again coming to her daughter’s school this week.

She said McClain has also recently given her daughter gifts. One of the gifts was a small Ty Bear holding a bouquet of flowers. It had an attached card that said “because I would like you to be just as happy as you make me, I brought this pretty bouquet so it will brighten your day.”

“I am not just concerned for my child but every child,” Cole said. “He has shown himself to be insubordinate and defiant.”

After complaining to the school system, Cole also went to the Carter County Sheriff’s Department, where she talked to Investigator Randy Bowers. Bowers began an investigation and also put her in contact with the district attorney general’s office.

“This protest is not something I had planned to do. I tried to handle this in a professional manner, but I want my daughter to be safe and if I have to stand out here for a month, I will.”

Director of Schools Dallas Williams said he was sympathetic with Cole’s fears.

“I understand the mother’s concern, but at the same time, I have to make difficult decisions that affect employees,” Williams said.

Because McClain is a tenured teacher, Williams said he needs facts before deciding on whether he has done anything wrong and whether to dismiss or discipline him. Williams said there are two ongoing investigations and he will make his decision based on their results. One is by the sheriff’s department and the second is by the state Department of Children’s Services.

He has been told he should get the results next week.

This is the second time that the sheriff’s department has investigated McClain. Earlier this year, the department looked into Cole’s earlier complaints and said it found no evidence of criminal misconduct."

This is from the Elizabethton Star yesterday.

"The mother said her daughter also had received gifts from her former teacher. Of those was a blue stuffed animal she showed during her protest Wednesday. " At the bottom of the page is a link that shows the picture that was in the paper of the 'alleged bear'.

Do you still not see anything going on bad @ Hampton. Could the new power swing soon been be going to Cloudland, because what parent would want their student involved in this mess. Their can't be any learning going on. I wonder what the transfers parents think now. I know what I'd be thinking, MAROON. Maybe the other basketball coach was right for getting out of there when he did. I wonder what he knew about or saw for that matter?

Well thats interesting.

Wow, Pujo and Alliance 34 are very quiet. Might they be wondering what else could be dug up during the investigation?Ahhh, come on guys, I am anxiouly awaiting your reply on this. Surely you will not get on here and give me hear no evil, see no evil, speak no evil. The once mighty Pujo, silenced by his own school. Looks like a Bulldog bit off more than it could chew.

QUOTE(trustworthy @ Apr 26 2007 - 09:13 AM) 826445893[/snapback]So McClain messing witha student isn't negative? It is very negative, as well as a blemish to a "Blue Ribbon School". I understand that he was a Basketball Coach, but, it still sheds a negative light on your school as a whole. This matter shoudn't be swept under the proverbial rug. All involved should be removed from their position and lose their license.

Although what he did was not right, i feel that this whole situation has been blown extremely out of proportion. The investigation took place, no crime serious enough for these actions that you think should be taken was committed. That should have been the end of it. This should not just be brought back up 3 months after the investigation and expected to be dealt with differently. If the parents were not satisfied with the result of the investigation they should have shown their dissatisfaction right after it.

QUOTE(The_Alliance34 @ Apr 27 2007 - 11:35 AM) 826446904[/snapback]Although what he did was not right, i feel that this whole situation has been blown extremely out of proportion. The investigation took place, no crime serious enough for these actions that you think should be taken was committed. That should have been the end of it. This should not just be brought back up 3 months after the investigation and expected to be dealt with differently. If the parents were not satisfied with the result of the investigation they should have shown their dissatisfaction right after it.

Well, I would have agreed with you. He was cleared and nothing was done when he was sending her text messages, but him stepping down as BB coach. However, I'm not sure if he believed he was invincable, bulletproof, had nine lives, etc, but he apparently did not learn his lesson (even the one that is rumored his brother gave him).

The mother has said that he gave her a bear and flowers even after the investigated the first time. And if you believe there is nothing wrong with this picture, then you must get your corn from a jar. It's no wonder you think that Hampton is going to win a state champion drinkin that stuff. Pujo, talk some sense to Alliance 34 please. I know it has to feel like you've been sucker punched in the gut, but my gosh, you had to see it coming.