Magnet Schools and basketball

QUOTE(FCSprideatUT @ Apr 26 2007 - 01:40 PM) 826446017[/snapback]Name: JU-JU

Living quarters:not sure but i heard that he moved away from the 5A school that he started at and is now zoned officially for Mount Pleasant

Does that not make him legal if he is "officially" zoned correctly? And atleast you are man enough to admit it is just rumor.

QUOTE(supersteve17 @ Apr 26 2007 - 01:44 PM) 826446018[/snapback]Whatever. Those aren't really responses, but whatever.

If you can't beat 'em, join 'em!

Sorry Steve thats the best I can do. LOL. And for your second quote I guess thats the case. And I am actullay getting the fun part of this, I'm glad you thought my quote about the license remark was funny. I chuckled as I typed it.

• Replies 200
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(MPHSTIGERS87 @ Apr 26 2007 - 03:28 PM) 826446099[/snapback]Does that not make him legal if he is "officially" zoned correctly?

Aren't the private school transfers legal if the "officially" follow TSSAA rules when transferring? /dry.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=" Funny how following the rules is good enough for MPHS, but not for privates. /laugh.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":lol:" border="0" alt="laugh.gif" />

QUOTE(tnsddeveloper @ Apr 27 2007 - 07:38 AM) 826446619[/snapback]Aren't the private school transfers legal if the "officially" follow TSSAA rules when transferring? /dry.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=" Funny how following the rules is good enough for MPHS, but not for privates. /laugh.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":lol:" border="0" alt="laugh.gif" />

Thats the point, this new kid if he exist, cant live in Lewis Co or Lawrence Co and play football in MP unless he pays an outrages out of county fee. Whereas, any kid from anywhere can play at privates. Nobody said it was illegal, just an advantage over publics.

QUOTE(MPHSTIGERS87 @ Apr 27 2007 - 03:17 PM) 826447070[/snapback]Thats the point, this new kid if he exist, cant live in Lewis Co or Lawrence Co and play football in MP unless he pays an outrages out of county fee. Whereas, any kid from anywhere can play at privates. Nobody said it was illegal, just an advantage over publics.

"Whereas, any kid from anywhere can play at privates" as long as they pay "outrageous" (outrages?) tuition.

QUOTE(MPHSTIGERS87 @ Apr 27 2007 - 04:17 PM) 826447070[/snapback]Thats the point, this new kid if he exist, cant live in Lewis Co or Lawrence Co and play football in MP unless he pays an outrages out of county fee. Whereas, any kid from anywhere can play at privates. Nobody said it was illegal, just an advantage over publics.

You should stop...read what you posted...then think long and hard about it.

Come on guys most of your strong private schools in 1A are from larger city areas. Those families can afford outrageous tuition. Those that cant are taken care of in some form or fashion (in my opinion) but is well covered up in larger cities. In rural areas a kid from Lawrence Co, Lewis Co, and Maury Co. cant afford the out of county fees so it it easier to catch someone illegally going to a rural school. Thats why you dont see it in this area. There are some saying it happens with actual fact, but they cant prove it. Just like I cant prove privates recruit, but I atleast I admit it is just an opinion. Anyway this is about magnet schools so I'm finish debating this particular subject in the thread.

QUOTE(takedown3 @ Apr 27 2007 - 09:41 PM) 826447192[/snapback]The operative words are "read" and "think" and you're making a big assumption.

thats a weak cutdown, try to get better.

QUOTE(MPHSTIGERS87 @ Apr 27 2007 - 10:53 PM) 826447248[/snapback]Come on guys most of your strong private schools in 1A are from larger city areas. Those families can afford outrageous tuition. Those that cant are taken care of in some form or fashion (in my opinion) but is well covered up in larger cities. In rural areas a kid from Lawrence Co, Lewis Co, and Maury Co. cant afford the out of county fees so it it easier to catch someone illegally going to a rural school. Thats why you dont see it in this area. There are some saying it happens with actual fact, but they cant prove it. Just like I cant prove privates recruit, but I atleast I admit it is just an opinion. Anyway this is about magnet schools so I'm finish debating this particular subject in the thread.

There is one wrinkle in your argument. Where are the strong private 1A schools from knoxville?? or Chatanooga?? or Memphis?? i guess you could argue that these aren't as big as nashville. (which is apparently where FCS is located) but how could you say that any of these three cities are smaller than jackson?

QUOTE(FCSprideatUT @ Apr 27 2007 - 11:54 PM) 826447250[/snapback]There is one wrinkle in your argument. Where are the strong private 1A schools from knoxville?? or Chatanooga?? or Memphis?? i guess you could argue that these aren't as big as nashville. (which is apparently where FCS is located) but how could you say that any of these three cities are smaller than jackson?

You have Temple in Chattanooga who are consistently strong in roundball and had a very good year in football last year , Grace Christian is the only 1A private in Knoxville that plays football (that I know of) and they made the playoffs last year (in only there third year of existence) but the bigger privates in K-town Catholic and Webb are both very good every year. I don't know much about Memphis and "apparently" FCS is close enough to Nashville to be considered Nashville. If you want to argue money I would bet that there are more 500,000 dollar homes down a 1 mile stretch in Possumtown than there are in half the rural counties in TN. combined.

QUOTE(MPHSTIGERS87 @ Apr 27 2007 - 10:53 PM) 826447248[/snapback]Come on guys most of your strong private schools in 1A are from larger city areas. Those families can afford outrageous tuition. Those that cant are taken care of in some form or fashion (in my opinion) but is well covered up in larger cities. In rural areas a kid from Lawrence Co, Lewis Co, and Maury Co. cant afford the out of county fees so it it easier to catch someone illegally going to a rural school. Thats why you dont see it in this area.

So are those out-of-county football studs at MPHS not being taken care of by your boosters?

QUOTE(old24eagle @ Apr 28 2007 - 08:14 AM) 826447390[/snapback]You have Temple in Chattanooga who are consistently strong in roundball and had a very good year in football last year , Grace Christian is the only 1A private in Knoxville that plays football (that I know of) and they made the playoffs last year (in only there third year of existence) I don't know much about Memphis and "apparently" FCS is close enough to Nashville to be considered Nashville. If you want to argue money I would bet that there are more 500,000 dollar homes down a 1 mile stretch in Possumtown than there are in half the rural counties in TN. combined.

You have to remember that he doesn't care about roundball, he cares about the little oblong one.

I don't consider a 45 - 50 minute drive away from a city as part of it. Otherwise than almost everytown from nashville to knoxville could be considered part of one or the other.

500,000 is a stretch but i think we both know they are not living in outhouses or anything. But you make the assumption that just because a school has money (which i can prove that FCS is still in debt for alot of things) it garuntee's them a powerful program in sports. If this is true then FCS is really bad at buying their sports titles considering we have been around for 25 years and just recently started to be a real state threat in any sport.

QUOTE(MPHSTIGERS87 @ Apr 27 2007 - 09:53 PM) 826447248[/snapback]Come on guys most of your strong private schools in 1A are from larger city areas. Those families can afford outrageous tuition. Those that cant are taken care of in some form or fashion (in my opinion) but is well covered up in larger cities. In rural areas a kid from Lawrence Co, Lewis Co, and Maury Co. cant afford the out of county fees so it it easier to catch someone illegally going to a rural school. Thats why you dont see it in this area. There are some saying it happens with actual fact, but they cant prove it. Just like I cant prove privates recruit, but I atleast I admit it is just an opinion. Anyway this is about magnet schools so I'm finish debating this particular subject in the thread.

In your normal day to day existence, do you so casually acuse other individuals of breaking rules based only on your opinion not evidenced (at least here) on any facts you can point to? Do you realize that on these boards you regularly libel (might be slander in the case of coacht) private schools, parents and teachers based on nothing more than their success in athletics? You're one of those guys who lives in a zero sum world where the only way anyone succeeds is diminishing someone else. Pretty pathetic.