Hillwood's New Coach

BDURHAM

• Replies 17
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(Big Country @ Mar 22 2007 - 07:03 PM) 826420554[/snapback]DID I CALL IT OR WHAT MEDIAMOGUL?????? /laugh.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":lol:" border="0" alt="laugh.gif" />

Congrads and Good Luck /smile.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":)" border="0" alt="smile.gif" />

From a Centennial standpoint, I must say I am very suprised. When I talked to him last week, he was still working as the team's OC. I've heard some of the whispers, but I really didn't see any solid indication that he was leaving CHS. Well, whatever happened, just want to wish Mose the best of luck. Hillwood definitely made a great investment here.

Congratulations to Coach Phillips! I know he'll do a fine job. I hope Coach Finch will be on his new staff; he's a good coach & a good man.

We're trying to get a football program going at Meigs Magnet Middle School; it feeds Hume-Fogg which has a co-op with Hillwood in football. If we can get some of these young boys excited about football & teach them the strong fundamentals of blocking and tackling, then maybe in some small way we can help down the road.

Good Luck to the Hilltoppers!

QUOTE(Yale Formation @ Mar 26 2007 - 08:43 AM) 826422867[/snapback]Congratulations to Coach Phillips! I know he'll do a fine job. I hope Coach Finch will be on his new staff; he's a good coach & a good man.

We're trying to get a football program going at Meigs Magnet Middle School; it feeds Hume-Fogg which has a co-op with Hillwood in football. If we can get some of these young boys excited about football & teach them the strong fundamentals of blocking and tackling, then maybe in some small way we can help down the road.

Good Luck to the Hilltoppers!

Meigs has co-op'd with Gra-Mar Middle since 2002 and has great success. They usually only have about 5 kids who are interested in playing football. Kids from Meigs apply to MLK, Hume-Fogg, Pearl and NSA High Schools. Meigs kids who want to join a consistant winner will pick MLK or NSA to play at Hillsboro or they will choose Pearl and win in 3A ball. Some will go to Hume-Fogg and play 5A ball at Hillwood. These kids usually make it to Hillwood's practice by 3:45 . Coach Cannon at Gra-Mar would like to keep things status quo. Before 2002 , the Meigs kids were able to play for the former East Middle School.