Tyner Boys Basketball Program

QUOTE(MrChattanoogaFootball @ Mar 24 2007 - 09:50 PM) 826421896[/snapback]The right coach could turn tyner into Liberty Magnet of east Tennessee.

You have to be kidding me!!! Ashford is leaving because no one is left at Tyner. So he is leaving before it really gets ugly there. He was never a good coach to begin with. He had a team full of seniors and they could have been the best team in chatt if they had the right leader. He needed to be fired.

QUOTE(hustlintiger @ Mar 26 2007 - 07:28 PM) 826423317[/snapback]You have to be kidding me!!! Ashford is leaving because no one is left at Tyner. So he is leaving before it really gets ugly there. He was never a good coach to begin with. He had a team full of seniors and they could have been the best team in chatt if they had the right leader. He needed to be fired.

Coach Ashford is a class act.....we were able to go to camp with them this usmmer...he is a very soild coach and had his team play hard and act with class...best of luck to him in the future

QUOTE(fbcoach4 @ Mar 27 2007 - 07:39 AM) 826423690[/snapback]Who is the coach thompson you are talking about? Is it the same one that coached in the mid 90's between dillard resigning and dillard coming back. If so, where is he at now?

he is coaching in mississippi at a school near hattiesburg.

QUOTE(topper06 @ Mar 27 2007 - 08:07 AM) 826423714[/snapback]he is coaching in mississippi at a school near hattiesburg.

He is a good coach and knows the game. Would be a good choice if he even shows interest in the job. Supposedly he left because he couldn't get along with Jimmy being at the school. Developed the young kids and Jimmy stepped back in and had success with them.

QUOTE(whsTIGERfan @ Mar 26 2007 - 09:41 PM) 826423541[/snapback]Coach Ashford is a class act.....we were able to go to camp with them this usmmer...he is a very soild coach and had his team play hard and act with class...best of luck to him in the future

I dont know him personally. But he was always publicly bashing his players. One minute he is in the paper saying that his team is jealous of Jeff Smith and the next minute he is saying that his players dont have the type of heart that kids at Howard and Brainerd have. So if you are saying that he is a class act what class are you talking about. The kind where you compare your kids to others that they play and lose to that doesnt make sense to me. A class act!!! you gotta be kidding me glad he is gone because Tyner really had a good team this year but couldnt get over the hump with their best team in 10 years

QUOTE(t-mac @ Mar 27 2007 - 04:24 PM) 826424231[/snapback]I think that LeRoy Higgins would be a good coach for the Rams Next year

Leroy did a good job at City and Howard but I don't believe he would be a good fit at Tyner. The school has gone in a different direction and I don't believe the principal there would hire him. Just my opinion.

Dont get me wrong I dont want him at Howard again but he has produced some good players and put wins on the board. He coached Idris Harper, Travis Glover, SirLee Mason, Ricky Harper, Tony Brown, Charles Anderson, Rashard Jones Jennings. Who else would have a better resume. Its not like Tyner has a tradition in wining basketball games

QUOTE(t-mac @ Mar 28 2007 - 02:15 PM) 826424968[/snapback]Dont get me wrong I dont want him at Howard again but he has produced some good players and put wins on the board. He coached Idris Harper, Travis Glover, SirLee Mason, Ricky Harper, Tony Brown, Charles Anderson, Rashard Jones Jennings. Who else would have a better resume. Its not like Tyner has a tradition in wining basketball games

proves his point. it was the players. leroy would be right for some schools but not tyner.