Bearden Invitational Schedule

shoehp

QUOTE(BigG @ Mar 28 2007 - 06:39 AM) 826424599[/snapback]Who do they have to make it through to get there? I saw that they lost to Lenoir City 1-0 (though this might have been a down game for them). I'm not discounting them (shoot, Morristown West was my first coaching job, so I would love to see them go far) just wondering if they can get past Bearden or Farragut, or Science Hill for that matter.

I don't think they can win the State- but I think they have a good chance to win their region and surprise someone and get to the round of 8. A couple of things to think about:

1. Lenior City is a better team than most believe- all because of an 8-0 loss to Farragut. That was not your average 8-0 game. Yes, by the score it was a drubbing, but they didn't play that badly and Farragut couldn't miss the goal. As proof that that doesn't always happen- look to last night's game when Farragut played West and DID miss the goal. That could have been 5-2 Farragut, but a few near misses make the difference. Take Lenior City litely and they will beat you. See what happens later in the season with that team!

2. Farragut better get focused or this will not be a pleasant year!! 10 seniors means nothing to an opponent, and all the hype has never helped anyone win a game- I believe it has the opposite effect! The sad thing is that I don't believe Farragut started the hype. Just let them play and they will be fine!!

• Replies 90
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(pseudophobia @ Mar 28 2007 - 05:52 AM) 826424602[/snapback]I don't think they can win the State- but I think they have a good chance to win their region and surprise someone and get to the round of 8. A couple of things to think about:

1. Lenior City is a better team than most believe- all because of an 8-0 loss to Farragut. That was not your average 8-0 game. Yes, by the score it was a drubbing, but they didn't play that badly and Farragut couldn't miss the goal. As proof that that doesn't always happen- look to last night's game when Farragut played West and DID miss the goal. That could have been 5-2 Farragut, but a few near misses make the difference. Take Lenior City litely and they will beat you. See what happens later in the season with that team!

2. Farragut better get focused or this will not be a pleasant year!! 10 seniors means nothing to an opponent, and all the hype has never helped anyone win a game- I believe it has the opposite effect! The sad thing is that I don't believe Farragut started the hype. Just let them play and they will be fine!!

I would agree with the Lenoir City situation. They are a passionate team, that when they get going, are hard to stop. With all they went through in the beginning of the season, having a rough first game is understandable. I think they will bounce back nicely.

As far as Farragut goes, CAK suffers from some of the same "afflictions" as they do. Having national rankings, and a bunch of great players doesn't mean the team that you face is going to lay down and let you score. There has got to be that fire, that passion, to be the best you can (cue theme music now). Hopefully, that passion will come out for both teams.

QUOTE(pseudophobia @ Mar 28 2007 - 06:33 AM) 826424598[/snapback]I watched Maryville Vs Morristown West last night. I thought the ref was decent, but Maryville got most every call until late in the second half. Morristown could have had 3 goals in the first half. They had the keeper on the ground and the ball inside the 6yd box 2 times and couldn't finish. I thought M West dominated play. Its all about finishing!!! Neither team could. M West managed the win 1-0 in a good game. Morristown West- a team that I said earlier in the pre-season, will make it to State- They are that good!! when they finish, they will be a tough team for anyone- good balance all over!!

Good luck to both teams the rest of the year!!!!!

Thanks. Yeah I will definately agree. We should have made the game at least 4 or 5 to 0 but we couldn't finish.

QUOTE(BigG @ Mar 28 2007 - 06:39 AM) 826424599[/snapback](shoot, Morristown West was my first coaching job, so I would love to see them go far)

BigG, I was just wondering when you coached Morristown West.

QUOTE(Jpab @ Mar 28 2007 - 02:46 PM) 826425022[/snapback]BigG, I was just wondering when you coached Morristown West.

It was my first coaching job in 1993. I was a student teacher there teaching 9th grade health and P.E. and I assisted Chuck White with the boys team. I became very good friends with Corey Johnson, who later coached at West and now lives in Kentucky. I also coached a Morristown club team (the Arsenal) during that time as well.

QUOTE(wai652231 @ Mar 25 2007 - 08:15 PM) 826422383[/snapback]Gallatin has played 3 games, scored 14 goals and given up 0

wins over White House, Cookeville, and Rossview

in no way does that make them so great. when is the last time any of those teams ever won state? or showed well at state

? or even been to state?

QUOTE(shoehp @ Mar 24 2007 - 03:18 PM) 826421616[/snapback]Tuesday 3/27

7:00 Morristown West vs. Maryville

7:00***Farragut at West***

Wednesday 3/28

7:00 Catholic vs. Bearden

Thursday 3/29

7:00 Farragut vs. McMinn Co.

Friday 3/30

4:30 Morristown West vs. Catholic

6:10 McMinn Co. vs. Maryville

7:00 ***Gallatin at West***

7:50 Clarksville vs. Notre Dame

9:30 Houston vs. Bearden

Saturday 3/31

9:00am Maryville vs. Notre Dame

11:00am McMinn Co. vs. Catholic

1:00 Morristown West vs. Gallatin

3:00 West vs. Houston

5:00 Bearden vs. Clarksville

7:00 Gallatin vs. McMinn Co.

Sunday 4/1

9:00am Houston vs. Catholic

11:00am Clarksville vs. Maryville

1:00 Morristown West vs. West

3:00 Notre Dame vs. Bearden

results so far:

Morristown West -1 Maryville-0

Bearden 2 Catholic-1

Farragut 2 West-2

Farragut-2 McMinn County-2

QUOTE(ihavenofriendzz @ Mar 30 2007 - 08:22 PM) 826426782[/snapback]Wasn't the score 0-0?

Yes.....the Farragut Vs McMinn County game was 0-0. I must have lost my mind for a moment!!

Thanks for the correction.

Games tonight....so far

Morristown West -1 Catholic-0 (I had said earlier that M West would be good!!)

Marryville- 6 McMinn County-0 (they must be tired from the Farragut game!!)

Notre Dame-1 Clarksville-0 AT THE HALF!!!! this ain't done yet- sop far N Dame is dominating!!

Don't know the Gallatin Vs West score- if anyone has it- please post!

The Bearden VS Houston game won't start till 10:00 p.m...aprox.??

I will post that score when the game is done!

So far this has been a very good tournament!!!

Man, some weird scores this year...

Morristown West beats Catholic 1-0

Lenoir City beats Morristown West 1-0 earlier in the year

Farragut beat Lenoir City 8-0 earlier in the year

Catholic ties Farragut 1-1

Goes to show you that any team can be beaten on any given day. Should be some great soccer left this weekend!