Bearden Invitational Schedule

shoehp

• Replies 90
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(pseudophobia @ Mar 30 2007 - 08:09 PM) 826426801[/snapback]Marryville- 6 McMinn County-0 (they must be tired from the Farragut game!!)

That is interesting. I think you are right about them being tired. Farragut out shot them by 19. I'd almost want to say that they were pretty lucky to come away with a tie. I never would've thought that Maryville would beat them by 6.

also BigG when did Catholic tie Farragut?

QUOTE(ihavenofriendzz @ Mar 30 2007 - 08:32 PM) 826426872[/snapback]That is interesting. I think you are right about them being tired. Farragut out shot them by 19. I'd almost want to say that they were pretty lucky to come away with a tie. I never would've thought that Maryville would beat them by 6.

also BigG when did Catholic tie Farragut?

It was a scrimmage (which I don't put a whole lot of stock into) but it played nicely in my little weird score circle thing. I gues my point is that it seems that a lot of teams aren't very consistent this season. Real up and down type games.

That is interesting. I think you are right about them being tired. Farragut out shot them by 19. I'd almost want to say that they were pretty lucky to come away with a tie. I never would've thought that Maryville would beat them by 6.

Shot count was 10-3. We only count shots "on goal!!". McMinn did have several good looks at goal.

As for tonight, saying we were flat would be an understatement. We spent all we had on Thurs night. Maryville is pretty good, but not 6 goals better than McMinn. Our starting keeper only played 1st half--suffered minor concussion against Farragut. 5 goals were scored in 2nd half, with 2 of those being in "stoppage time".

Hopefully, we will regroup for our two tough matches on Saturday.

QUOTE(pseudophobia @ Mar 30 2007 - 09:09 PM) 826426801[/snapback]Yes.....the Farragut Vs McMinn County game was 0-0. I must have lost my mind for a moment!!

Thanks for the correction.

Games tonight....so far

Morristown West -1 Catholic-0 (I had said earlier that M West would be good!!)

Marryville- 6 McMinn County-0 (they must be tired from the Farragut game!!)

Notre Dame-1 Clarksville-0 AT THE HALF!!!! this ain't done yet- sop far N Dame is dominating!!

Don't know the Gallatin Vs West score- if anyone has it- please post!

The Bearden VS Houston game won't start till 10:00 p.m...aprox.??

I will post that score when the game is done!

So far this has been a very good tournament!!!

Notre Dame-1 Clarksville-0

Houston-2 Bearden-1

The Houston-Bearden was a great game! Bearden should have had 4 goals in the first half!! Had the ball inside of 3 yds, 3 times and couldn't finish!!

Houston made them pay for it. Score was 1-1 at half. Houston scored off af a direct kick- and "Directly" blasted it in the net! A geat shot!! For Bearden, Tom Webster carried, turned and blasted one in the net- a great play. The last goal was scored by Houston's forward. He basically dribbled past every defender and left the keeper watching...................goal!!

Bearden tried to counter but kept missing!! It was a great game, probably 2 of the teams that will be in the final 8 at State!! Could be the game.....time will tell. The rest of the tournament will be great. I will see every game....it's good to be me!!

Congrats to Houston, a great team that makes very few mistakes!! I look forward to seeing them play West High.

That should be a good challenge for West.

I don't believe anyone can beat Houston in this tournament!! Good luck to West!!

QUOTE(CREE @ Mar 30 2007 - 11:48 PM) 826426934[/snapback]That is interesting. I think you are right about them being tired. Farragut out shot them by 19. I'd almost want to say that they were pretty lucky to come away with a tie. I never would've thought that Maryville would beat them by 6.

Shot count was 10-3. We only count shots "on goal!!". McMinn did have several good looks at goal.

As for tonight, saying we were flat would be an understatement. We spent all we had on Thurs night. Maryville is pretty good, but not 6 goals better than McMinn. Our starting keeper only played 1st half--suffered minor concussion against Farragut. 5 goals were scored in 2nd half, with 2 of those being in "stoppage time".

Hopefully, we will regroup for our two tough matches on Saturday.

I know how it feels when Maryville finishes well in the final minutes, they burn us for 3 goals in the final 8 minutes to win 5-1. But I think that is a testament to them on finishing games really strong. I think mcminn has a great club and has had that for a few years, I played at TWC and remember seeing you guys years ago and was really impressed. These tournaments only make you stronger so keep fighting and good luck.

QUOTE(pseudophobia @ Mar 31 2007 - 12:00 AM) 826426944[/snapback]Notre Dame-1 Clarksville-0

Houston-2 Bearden-1

The Houston-Bearden was a great game! Bearden should have had 4 goals in the first half!! Had the ball inside of 3 yds, 3 times and couldn't finish!!

Houston made them pay for it. Score was 1-1 at half. Houston scored off af a direct kick- and "Directly" blasted it in the net! A geat shot!! For Bearden, Tom Webster carried, turned and blasted one in the net- a great play. The last goal was scored by Houston's forward. He basically dribbled past every defender and left the keeper watching...................goal!!

Bearden tried to counter but kept missing!! It was a great game, probably 2 of the teams that will be in the final 8 at State!! Could be the game.....time will tell. The rest of the tournament will be great. I will see every game....it's good to be me!!

Congrats to Houston, a great team that makes very few mistakes!! I look forward to seeing them play West High.

That should be a good challenge for West.

I don't believe anyone can beat Houston in this tournament!! Good luck to West!!

I wanted to add something that I forgot completely. The referee for the game between Bearden and Houston was absolutely outstanding!!! He had complete control of the game and was right where he should be! If anyone knows his name please post it!! Also, where would you send in favorable, as well as "not so favorable", replys about refs!! There seems to be a lot of discussion about the lack of quality in referee's. This one happened to be exceptional, and someone needs to know about it. This would be a great ref to see in the State Championship's!!! Any info would be appreciated!!