Worth/Lady Warrior Tournament

RaiderOne

GPS had to drop out of tournament at last minute.

If you would like to play in their spot give Dennis Weaver a call before 2:00 on Wednesday. Phone number is (931) 808-7107

There will be no entry fee. Competition will be very good.

Thanks,

Jeff Breeden

Riverdale Warrior Softball

QUOTE(RaiderOne @ Mar 27 2007 - 11:58 PM) 826424572[/snapback]GPS had to drop out of tournament at last minute.

If you would like to play in their spot give Dennis Weaver a call before 2:00 on Wednesday. Phone number is (931) 808-7107

There will be no entry fee. Competition will be very good.

Thanks,

Jeff Breeden

Riverdale Warrior Softball

The pool game slots will be filled on Friday and then the Saturday pool game will be played by one of our teams that is on a fixed game count. An updated schedule for Friday and Saturday will be in the coach's packet, and posted here on Thursday.

As a prediction on who might win........I would look out for the following teams......Crestview & Pace both from Florida. Both are ranked in the Top 10 in Florida. Soddy & Beech from Tennessee are strong and deep this year. Mason, OH is said to be deep(the best ingredient for a team to win "The Worth") and Hueytown, AL. They are 3rd in Alabama's highest classification.

Should be an awesome week-end.

QUOTE(Weave @ Mar 28 2007 - 08:20 PM) 826425244[/snapback]The pool game slots will be filled on Friday and then the Saturday pool game will be played by one of our teams that is on a fixed game count. An updated schedule for Friday and Saturday will be in the coach's packet, and posted here on Thursday.

As a prediction on who might win........I would look out for the following teams......Crestview & Pace both from Florida. Both are ranked in the Top 10 in Florida. Soddy & Beech from Tennessee are strong and deep this year. Mason, OH is said to be deep(the best ingredient for a team to win "The Worth") and Hueytown, AL. They are 3rd in Alabama's highest classification.

Should be an awesome week-end.

Beech??? They have already lost 2 games in their DISTRICT! /huh.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":huh:" border="0" alt="huh.gif" />

QUOTE(stlbrd @ Mar 28 2007 - 08:44 PM) 826425282[/snapback]Beech??? They have already lost 2 games in their DISTRICT! /huh.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":huh:" border="0" alt="huh.gif" />

Yes, but serious versatility (short and long game) and familiarity with other top teams is a plus for Beech. Look out!

QUOTE(stlbrd @ Mar 28 2007 - 08:44 PM) 826425282[/snapback]Beech??? They have already lost 2 games in their DISTRICT! /huh.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":huh:" border="0" alt="huh.gif" />

You are correct. Beech lost to Mt. Juliet 1-0 in 10 innings and Hendersonville 1-0 in seven. I would have to put Mt. Juliet, Hendersonville, and Wilson Central in front of Beech right now in District 9AAA. Wilson Central defeated Hendersonville in their first meeting 2-0. Hendersonville defeated Mt. Juliet 1-0 in ten innings in their first meeting. This is a very tough district this year in softball. Any time these teams get together it is like a tournament atmosphere. I don't think too many teams would like to trade places with any of these 4. Not to mention that if you make it as one of the 2 teams out of the district to the region you will most likely see Rossview (very good) and Brentwood in the sectionals(state tourney trip last season).

QUOTE(LadyTrojanDad @ Mar 29 2007 - 09:06 AM) 826425620[/snapback]People will see a completely different team in Soddy from what they saw at the Beech PLayday. SD is playing the way they used to! Thier sticks are hot right now and Nikki is thowing hard. I think this is going to be a great tournament, and i know we are looking forward to it.

I don't know how you are playing right now, but that is irrelavant. If you have been around high school softball the last 3 years and you know the Soddy Daisy program you have to know that this team will be in the hunt for their 2nd consecutive state championship in May. Whether you are a fan of Coach Kirk and Soddy or not you have to say that they definitely know how to play ball. Coach Kirk knows his ball and his team is well coached year in and year out. Senior loaded with a mix of very good young talent is an excellent recipe for a state title. They finished 2nd in 2004, 2nd in 2005, and 1st in 2006. I know they have not looked real good early but I don't know of any team that has won a state title in March or April. It is all about the tournament in May. Best of Luck to the Lady Trojans.