Warrior Spring Classic Scores for Saturday - Post Em!

davidlimbaugh

• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(davidlimbaugh @ Mar 31 2007 - 09:44 AM) 826427072[/snapback]Lexington Catholic just called to let us know they can't stay on Sunday - they are on the way to Florida...

So if they win their pool, like Miss America, the runnerup will now assume the duties

ok..i'm confused as 2 why coaches enter tournaments that they are unable to complete. why would you enter one if you don't intend on winning & being there 2 win? whats the point of them playing their hearts out 2 win the other games? is it really fair 2 the teams they beat if they were not planning on competing the entire tournament? maybe one of the teams they beat might have gone on but they pushed them out.. i have a real problem w/ teams pulling out of a tournament when you are giving the info ahead of time u know the time table but u do not complete the mission. /mad.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":angry:" border="0" alt="mad.gif" />

QUOTE(unc4life @ Mar 31 2007 - 11:07 AM) 826427113[/snapback]ok..i'm confused as 2 why coaches enter tournaments that they are unable to complete. why would you enter one if you don't intend on winning & being there 2 win? whats the point of them playing their hearts out 2 win the other games? is it really fair 2 the teams they beat if they were not planning on competing the entire tournament? maybe one of the teams they beat might have gone on but they pushed them out.. i have a real problem w/ teams pulling out of a tournament when you are giving the info ahead of time u know the time table but u do not complete the mission. /mad.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":angry:" border="0" alt="mad.gif" />

Well angry, you don't grasp the fundamental purpose of the Warrior Spring Classic.

We try to get the best teams in for the weekend. We also like to get local teams involved. Next year we have a Missouri state champion coming in.

The reason we schedule Sunday games IS to get a champion. Sunday also comes in handy if it rains Friday or Saturday.

But the real reason is so folks can play some great ball games.

Houston faced two pretty good pitchers yesterday and split with them when Mt Juliet had the bases loaded and no one out in the bottom of the 7th down by one and didn't score...

We just had a Goodpasture vs USJ game here at the Reservation (two teams with some history to say the least) and had scouts here watching a kid named Liles and another kid named Darnell but saw Goodpasture's Adam Adkins go 4 for 4 with 2 doubles and a walkoff-homerun in the bottom of the 7th over straight away to centerfield to finish a furious 2-out rally to go from 8-6 down to win 11-8. Bennett Smith had a clutch two out single to tie the game and then Adkins ended it... A fun day at the ballfield.

Scores so far:

Goodpasture 10 vs Cascade 0

Goodpasture 11 vs USJ 8

Lincoln Co 8 vs Collierville 7

Overton 1 vs Marshall Co 0

Bartlett 6 vs Lexington Catholic 1

Rossview 12 vs Loretto 1

Houston 8 vs Christian Co Ky 7

Mercer Co Ky 7 vs Pope John Paul II 3

QUOTE(BGABaseball00 @ Mar 31 2007 - 01:29 PM) 826427148[/snapback]CBHS over Ravenwood 5-2

BGA over Ravenwood 3-1

Both at BGA.... David, did Coach Myers call you after the games?

thanks for the Scores! Figure Coach is busy getting field ready

my cell # is 615-545-2352 if you can give me the other 2 finals - thanks!

David

i think u misunderstood me.. i was not upset w/ the fact that u had games scheduled on Sunday i was upset w/ the fact that a team had committed to play in the tournament only to not follow through until the end.. why should they even come to play if they are not prepared to play to win and play till the end? /dry.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=" thats all i am saying. BTW thanks for the updates....