Warrior Spring Classic Scores for Saturday - Post Em!

davidlimbaugh

• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(braves4life @ Mar 31 2007 - 09:45 PM) 826427374[/snapback]i think it's funny how every team that beats farragut celebrates like they just won the world series. i'm sorry but bartlett and oakland just aren't that impressive. farragut is on the brink of being a very good ball club. the three games they lost this weekend were because of mental mistakes and errors. they did have a great outing against collierville and their ace (pomeranz). they hit him hard and scored 8 runs off of him (7 rbi's from cade stallings, who had 2 hr's and one that was 430+) so once they get the errors worked out they should be fine. oh and P.J. Polk for Oakland is the real deal. this guy is crazy good

I see from your relatively small number of posts that you are either new to CoachT or are now here with a new name. Farragut baseball has a strong tradition of letting their play on the field speak for the program instead of words on a website. They win with class and lose with class.

Bartlett has an excellent coach who is developing a great program. Oakland, Riverdale, and Collierville are also excellent programs. To lose to any of these teams is no disgrace and to beat them is an honor. Tip your hat, wish them luck, and hope to meet them again when it counts.

QUOTE(nowthatsfunny @ Apr 1 2007 - 10:53 AM) 826427488[/snapback]I see from your relatively small number of posts that you are either new to CoachT or are now here with a new name. Farragut baseball has a strong tradition of letting their play on the field speak for the program instead of words on a website. They win with class and lose with class.

Bartlett has an excellent coach who is developing a great program. Oakland, Riverdale, and Collierville are also excellent programs. To lose to any of these teams is no disgrace and to beat them is an honor. Tip your hat, wish them luck, and hope to meet them again when it counts.

first of all, i don't even go to farragut anymore, i just have a cousin on the team. and you bring up a great point. they do win with class and lose with class. i'm not trying to start anything im just giving my opinion. and i will agree with you that Bartlett, Oakland, and Collierville have great programs. Riverdale has good talent, but they have no class whatsoever. When Farragut played them they were yelling cuss words (in english and spanish.. they must have a good spanish teacher) at our second baseman, and our pitcher when he was leaving the game. the coaches didn't say anything to them about it and i can't really call that an excellent program when you have so little class as that.

QUOTE(ihavenofriendzz @ Apr 1 2007 - 12:21 AM) 826427406[/snapback]They(Farragut) are a little down this year so far. But yes still an impressive win for Oakland.

Does anyone know who pitched for Farragut in their games?

Bartlett game- Jr. Hunter Newby for 6, and So. Sam Thomas for 1.

Riverdale game- So. Jordan Cooper for 5, Jr. Shane Glarrow for 2.

Collierville game- Sr. Jordan Pleasant for 6, Jr. Matt Ramsey for 1.

Oakland Game- Jr. Chris Hatfield for 5 1/3 and Jr. Ryan Burnette for 1 2/3

We used mainly our 4, 5, 6 guys this weekend as we have 2 district games this week (Lenior City, and Bearden)

QUOTE(Live4FridayNite615 @ Apr 1 2007 - 02:49 PM) 826427621[/snapback]Smyrna went 4-0 this weekend and only gave up 9 runs the whole tourney but elected not to go to Sunday.. does anyone know who they would have played..??

I believe they would have played Oakland. But in Oakland's 4 games, they only gave up 5 runs, with their #3-6 /smile.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":)" border="0" alt="smile.gif" />

QUOTE(braves4life @ Mar 31 2007 - 09:45 PM) 826427374[/snapback]i think it's funny how every team that beats farragut celebrates like they just won the world series. i'm sorry but bartlett and oakland just aren't that impressive. farragut is on the brink of being a very good ball club. the three games they lost this weekend were because of mental mistakes and errors. they did have a great outing against collierville and their ace (pomeranz). they hit him hard and scored 8 runs off of him (7 rbi's from cade stallings, who had 2 hr's and one that was 430+) so once they get the errors worked out they should be fine. oh and P.J. Polk for Oakland is the real deal. this guy is crazy good

Not taking anything away from Farragut, I know they have a fine program, but Pomeranz isn't 100% yet. If I'm not mistaken that's only his second outing this year, his first was last week.

QUOTE(Live4FridayNite615 @ Apr 1 2007 - 02:49 PM) 826427621[/snapback]Smyrna went 4-0 this weekend and only gave up 9 runs the whole tourney but elected not to go to Sunday.. does anyone know who they would have played..??

Well.....is it true what I have been hearing? That the Head Coach for Smyrna was not even in attendance on Friday night to see his team take the V under Coach Mid'?? That the real reason that Smyrna didn't play OAKLAND today was because he went to a soccer tourney feauturing his child instead?

Seems a bit ridiculous to me to schedule a team to play in the Classic with no intention of staying in for the long haul to me. You bust your butt to win your pool, then go home instead of making your bid for the crown??What kind of message does that send to the fans or parents or to the players? Now either you are saying that he had no confidence that his team could take it all the way , or he is saying that he was scared to play Oakland. I don't think it would set well with me as a parent to change plans for the entire weekend to watch my son play only to see them BAIL after being victoriousand undefeated . It messes up things for the fine folk like Limbaugh and Co who work so hard to get things set up too. Very sad thing......I understand wanting to see your child participate in their sport, but the solution could have been easy.....don't schedule to be in the Warrior Classic in the first place if it conflicts with your family 's activities OR let your assistant coach earn his supplement and coach the rest of the tourney. Wait....guess I figured it out in all my ramblings......who wants to get SHOWN up by his assistant? Wonder how many players had to give up plans with THEIR families to participate in this top-notch event????

QUOTE(2priceless @ Mar 31 2007 - 10:21 PM) 826427318[/snapback]Even more impressive then..... /tongue.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":P" border="0" alt="tongue.gif" />

Not as impressive as you might think this early in the season. Wait until May and then compare teams when they have enough games under their belts to actually compare.

You have to remember that unlike MLB, High School teams do not bring the same players to the table each year...

I feel that High School teams pretty much stand alone on their own merit from year to year...so even though we are bombarded with polls that are trying to pick and rank the teams, logic would suggest that in High School baseball your best left deciding who the number 1 team is sometime about mid-July.

Of course thats not to say that when you beat a team with a history as good as Farragut that you shouldn't call it a great win.

Now if they do manage to pull off a back to back State Championship (only 2 teams in Tennessee have ever done this and Farragut is one of those teams!) ... I will be the first to say that your win in March really was impressive...of course with that in mind, you just might be the one they beat for the Championship if your team is that good!

Everything is relative I suppose. Just make sure when you do your comparing and measuring that you're not comparing apples to oranges.

this is what i said on page 1...looks like we think a lot a like /rolleyes.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":rolleyes:" border="0" alt="rolleyes.gif" />

ok..i'm confused as 2 why coaches enter tournaments that they are unable to complete. why would you enter one if you don't intend on winning & being there 2 win? whats the point of them playing their hearts out 2 win the other games? is it really fair 2 the teams they beat if they were not planning on competing the entire tournament? maybe one of the teams they beat might have gone on but they pushed them out.. i have a real problem w/ teams pulling out of a tournament when you are giving the info ahead of time u know the time table but u do not complete the mission.

Well.....is it true what I have been hearing? That the Head Coach for Smyrna was not even in attendance on Friday night to see his team take the V under Coach Mid'?? That the real reason that Smyrna didn't play OAKLAND today was because he went to a soccer tourney feauturing his child instead?

Seems a bit ridiculous to me to schedule a team to play in the Classic with no intention of staying in for the long haul to me. You bust your butt to win your pool, then go home instead of making your bid for the crown??What kind of message does that send to the fans or parents or to the players? Now either you are saying that he had no confidence that his team could take it all the way , or he is saying that he was scared to play Oakland. I don't think it would set well with me as a parent to change plans for the entire weekend to watch my son play only to see them BAIL after being victoriousand undefeated . It messes up things for the fine folk like Limbaugh and Co who work so hard to get things set up too. Very sad thing......I understand wanting to see your child participate in their sport, but the solution could have been easy.....don't schedule to be in the Warrior Classic in the first place if it conflicts with your family 's activities OR let your assistant coach earn his supplement and coach the rest of the tourney. Wait....guess I figured it out in all my ramblings......who wants to get SHOWN up by his assistant? Wonder how many players had to give up plans with THEIR families to participate in this top-notch event????

QUOTE(2priceless @ Apr 1 2007 - 06:18 PM) 826427744[/snapback]Well.....is it true what I have been hearing? That the Head Coach for Smyrna was not even in attendance on Friday night to see his team take the V under Coach Mid'?? That the real reason that Smyrna didn't play OAKLAND today was because he went to a soccer tourney feauturing his child instead?

Im not sure what you heard or from who but Coach Vetter was in attendance friday night..