Ron Anderson (McCallie)

Walter Dozier (McCallie)

Elliott Cole (MUS)

Elliot Williams (St. George's)

• Replies 22
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(sports_fan @ Apr 2 2007 - 03:00 PM) 826428335[/snapback]Chase Dunn is a good player but is by no means deserving of an all-state accolade when you look at all the 2A players. There was some serious politicing going on there.

What a ridiculous post. The "good player" is nothing but insulting itself. Everyone knows he's much better than good. Must be some of that Livingston Academy pull with the sports writers of the state. Good grief.

Dunn's team beat Halls at Christmas, and Dunn dropped 37 on Cameron Sharp (AAA Allstate) and garnered MVP honors. I guess that was just one of his 'good' performances.

Congratulations Chase Dunn. This is HUGE for the 5'8 guard from LA who scored his 1000th point in the region semis...and only a sophomore! How many other sophomores are on the A, AA, and AAA allstate teams. I know there are a few. Someone name them.

QUOTE(scrubadubdub @ Apr 2 2007 - 06:36 PM) 826428465[/snapback]What a ridiculous post. The "good player" is nothing but insulting itself. Everyone knows he's much better than good. Must be some of that Livingston Academy pull with the sports writers of the state. Good grief.

Dunn's team beat Halls at Christmas, and Dunn dropped 37 on Cameron Sharp (AAA Allstate) and garnered MVP honors. I guess that was just one of his 'good' performances.

Congratulations Chase Dunn. This is HUGE for the 5'8 guard from LA who scored his 1000th point in the region semis...and only a sophomore! How many other sophomores are on the A, AA, and AAA allstate teams. I know there are a few. Someone name them.

John Jenkins got his 1000 point midway through his sophomore season and did not even play the last 1/3 due to an injury.

Chase Dunn drops 12 on David Lipscomb, Josn Slater drops 27 and beats LA by 22 and he is gonna get all-state over Slater.

Ridiculous is in the eye of the beholder. Its easy to put up big numbers when your taking all the shots. Put him in one of the tougher districts and he would not have those numbers and I again stand by my statement he is a good player but In my opinion Great is yet to be seen.

Its is a great accomplishment for him but there are others a lot more deserving.

Congrats to White County's Tyler Green. Tyler wasn't even a starter when the season started, but had a great Xmas tourney where he averaged about 18ppg for four games of the tourney then went on to become WC's leading scorer. He is a Junior. /smile.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":)" border="0" alt="smile.gif" />

QUOTE(sports_fan @ Apr 2 2007 - 09:07 PM) 826428560[/snapback]John Jenkins got his 1000 point midway through his sophomore season and did not even play the last 1/3 due to an injury.

Chase Dunn drops 12 on David Lipscomb, Josn Slater drops 27 and beats LA by 22 and he is gonna get all-state over Slater.

Ridiculous is in the eye of the beholder. Its easy to put up big numbers when your taking all the shots. Put him in one of the tougher districts and he would not have those numbers and I again stand by my statement he is a good player but In my opinion Great is yet to be seen.

Its is a great accomplishment for him but there are others a lot more deserving.

jenkins and the flash barnes from white house had to be close . but their is no way slater shouldve been left out. maybe his injuries hurt him late in the year but he still shouldve been selected.

QUOTE(sports_fan @ Apr 2 2007 - 09:07 PM) 826428560[/snapback]John Jenkins got his 1000 point midway through his sophomore season and did not even play the last 1/3 due to an injury.

I agree that Slater should have been on the team. But here's my problem with what you've written. Why do you have to put one player down to brag on another? Why can't you be more positive? Are you then saying that since Slater was left off that Dunn is the worst and Slater should have his spot. Is Dunn the only one that you think doesn't deserve this award? Or have you not seen the others? Keep putting districts down if that makes you feel better.

I also agree that Jenkins is awesome and should have been on the team, but I'm not going to pick any of the players on the all state team and try to make them seem any less capable and replace them with Jenkins or anyone else.

Guys, this was the sportswriter's all-state team. It is selected by various sportswriters from across the state. They send out nomination forms to all the coaches every season. The writers then compare the nominees and vote. If the coach doesn't bother to send it back, more than likely his kids will not be nominated. Also, while Slater and Jenkins are very good players, they both were injured and missed time during the season. While I am at it, Chase Dunn is very deserving of all-state honors. He put the numbers up. He played everybody on their schedule the same. Coach Meyer always told us that you control your effort and your attitude. Everything else is out of your hands. Dunn plays hard and is a great kid. He deserves it and enough writers out there agree. Congrats to all who were named. It is an honor and should be treated as such. To the others, maybe you should check your coach's trash can for a certain fax from the Tennessee Sportswriters Association.