Bearden vs Farragut

bigwillystyle247

• Replies 100
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think Farragut has more skill and is the better team, but anything can happen in a physical rivalry game. If Farragut is on top of their game, they'll win. There aren't many teams, if any at all, in the state that can beat them if they are playing their best. But that's if they play their best. I think they'll show up on Friday and I say Farragut will win 2-0.

I think Farragut is peaking right now(what a time to peak, right before Bearden) past Farragut teams have peaked early and kept it up all season, im just wondering if this years team can last all year. Im predicting Farragut 4-1, I have much respect for Bearden but I just think this is going to be the game of the year for Farragut

both teams have talented strikers that can put the ball in the back of the net, but if you ask me I say that the game is going to be won in the midfield. Farragut has a very strong midfield and not that Bearden doesnt, its just that Farragut seems to get a high percentage of their goals from working it around in the midfield and finding the open man. 50/50 Balls will be entertaining because both of these teams will be fighting like crazy for every ball, but with Tyler Mottern and Jake Russell in the Midfield, i think that Cesar and Radcliff will definately have their hands full...None the less, it will be an interesting game to watch....

ALOT of goals in this one!!!!!! Be prepared to watch a quick high intensity game, with alot of physical play!

Farragut and Bearden have RESPECT for each others programs, BUT that is shown after the game.

These teams don't care for each other, the fans don't care for each other, once both teams are on the field.....all bets are off!

I will say Farragut wins 3-2, but a great game that goes to the whistle.

I heard there is also a Bearden vs. Farragut Alumni game on Saturday @ Farragut Stadium. Some of the BHS 01,02 talent will be playing!!!

Looks like alot of talented soccer players will be on the fields this weekend.

Best of luck to BOTH programs, I cannot wait to hear what happens in both games...Keep us posted!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I actually like Bearden in this game. I have seen Farragut be brilliant, and I have seen them crumble in adverse situations. Yes, they are talented. Yes, they have good soccer acumen in the midfield and are able to work the flanks religiously. And yes, they have athletic juggernauts up top that can tuck the ball away.

I have watched several Farragut games this year, but the game that makes me think that Bearden has the edge is the Farragut/McMinn Co. game. Farragut looked outstanding in the first half. They filtered balls through their left flank (#8), and it opened up the middle of the pitch nicely. They must have outshot McMinn 15-0. But with McMinn's bunkering style, Farragut naturally got frustrated in the second half. They started panicking, and this caused them to play overly direct. Yet what team doesn't panic when they know they should have put at least three away in the first half? But Farragut did more than panic; they came unglued. All of the composure and simplicity of their play in the first half turned into complete bedlam in the second. The players acted like petulant children--yelling at each other, arguing with their coach, throwing tantrums when they were taken out of the game. I watched a talented first half team wilt under pressure when things did not go their way.

Furthermore, I think having so many talented players works against Farragut at times, and I think it is difficult for their coaching staff to manage their egos. In the second half, #8 and #10 spent so much time on the bench that some of the players on the field started screaming at the coach to put them back in. It is hard for a coach to keep a talented team humble and teach them that when there is an unfavorable situation, the players must choose team over self.

And Bearden? Well, they haven't had problems with the teams that Farragut has had trouble with. They finished off West, and they destroyed McMinn County. Are they as talented? Probably not. But sometimes I would rather have the less talented team--a Bearden team that has proven to be consistent throughout the year. Bearden, to me, is a team. Farragut appears more to be 11 individuals that have the capablity of being brilliant or equally disappointing on any given night.

But what do I know anyway? Who was that guy who picked Oak Ridge to beat up on little Alcoa?

QUOTE(rigger101 @ Apr 10 2007 - 04:17 PM) 826434159[/snapback]Wow, I hooked some. U newbees need to learn how to check on folks. /laugh.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":lol:" border="0" alt="laugh.gif" />

I'm not a newbie, but you got me, too! I thought you used to be a die hard Farragut fan, but then most of your posts switched to Hendersonville?

Either way, good one...

QUOTE(dins8 @ Apr 11 2007 - 09:27 AM) 826434650[/snapback]I actually like Bearden in this game. I have seen Farragut be brilliant, and I have seen them crumble in adverse situations. Yes, they are talented. Yes, they have good soccer acumen in the midfield and are able to work the flanks religiously. And yes, they have athletic juggernauts up top that can tuck the ball away.

I have watched several Farragut games this year, but the game that makes me think that Bearden has the edge is the Farragut/McMinn Co. game. Farragut looked outstanding in the first half. They filtered balls through their left flank (#8), and it opened up the middle of the pitch nicely. They must have outshot McMinn 15-0. But with McMinn's bunkering style, Farragut naturally got frustrated in the second half. They started panicking, and this caused them to play overly direct. Yet what team doesn't panic when they know they should have put at least three away in the first half? But Farragut did more than panic; they came unglued. All of the composure and simplicity of their play in the first half turned into complete bedlam in the second. The players acted like petulant children--yelling at each other, arguing with their coach, throwing tantrums when they were taken out of the game. I watched a talented first half team wilt under pressure when things did not go their way.

Furthermore, I think having so many talented players works against Farragut at times, and I think it is difficult for their coaching staff to manage their egos. In the second half, #8 and #10 spent so much time on the bench that some of the players on the field started screaming at the coach to put them back in. It is hard for a coach to keep a talented team humble and teach them that when there is an unfavorable situation, the players must choose team over self.

And Bearden? Well, they haven't had problems with the teams that Farragut has had trouble with. They finished off West, and they destroyed McMinn County. Are they as talented? Probably not. But sometimes I would rather have the less talented team--a Bearden team that has proven to be consistent throughout the year. Bearden, to me, is a team. Farragut appears more to be 11 individuals that have the capablity of being brilliant or equally disappointing on any given night.

But what do I know anyway? Who was that guy who picked Oak Ridge to beat up on little Alcoa?

I think you are being quite ignorant about Farragut, Farragut is a new team after this South Carolina Tournament. They played some of the toughest teams in the Southeast and defeated them. Farragut had difficulties in the beginning of the year but what team doesnt? Bearden had their difficulties with their defense in the beginning of the year and they have come together fantastically. Im am not saying that Farragut is a tonnn better than Bearden im just saying your using information that is not true anymore. Other than that I agree that sometimes they dont play as a team, but I heard they played great together last night. I wish i could of witnessed it, i was attending the exceptional CAK Webb game last night. Both teams played great

Dins8............I couldn't agree with you more!

I have heard that about the Farragut team (all their egos), but have not seen that many games.

Eric Turner has produced a "team" year in year out!!!!

Good Luck to both teams, we know you will not dissapoint /tongue.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":P" border="0" alt="tongue.gif" />

Farragut 3-2

QUOTE(PinballWizard @ Apr 11 2007 - 08:39 AM) 826434703[/snapback]Farragut is a new team after this South Carolina Tournament. They played some of the toughest teams in the Southeast and defeated them. Farragut had difficulties in the beginning of the year .....

sounds just like last year's posts: new year, same story!

QUOTE(PinballWizard @ Apr 11 2007 - 08:39 AM) 826434703[/snapback]I think you are being quite ignorant about Farragut, Farragut is a new team after this South Carolina Tournament. They played some of the toughest teams in the Southeast and defeated them. Farragut had difficulties in the beginning of the year but what team doesnt? Bearden had their difficulties with their defense in the beginning of the year and they have come together fantastically. Im am not saying that Farragut is a tonnn better than Bearden im just saying your using information that is not true anymore. Other than that I agree that sometimes they dont play as a team, but I heard they played great together last night. I wish i could of witnessed it, i was attending the exceptional CAK Webb game last night. Both teams played great

Maybe I am being a bit ignorant regarding Farragut. After all, you're right, I haven't seen them since the S.C. tourney. You are also right that all teams have difficulties stringing two halfs together at the beginning of the season.

I still like Bearden in this one though.

I've been called ignorant too many times in my life! Maybe I should shut my mouth more! /rolleyes.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":rolleyes:" border="0" alt="rolleyes.gif" />