3-4A This Year (Spring and Otherwise)

KnoxWest#63

• Replies 47
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Maryville rolls. Just too much this year. Burnette, Shiver, Douglas, Clendenan, Englehrdit, etc. Coaching is great on and on.

I'm not convinced about West yet. Sure they have Ryan and Easterly, and now Jack Wagner from what I hear. They lost a heck of a OT and some other key folks up front last year. Whaley is back, but he will have to play both sides of the ball this year. How will Kolinsky and some the other OL step up? Who will provide the rushing yds to set up the throwing game? Defense, with Whaley, Coley, etc. should be ok. I just don't see them as a lock for #2.

Jamie Wilson is a player @ Central. Hope he is off the court for good. Needs to stay in the weight room to minimize potential for injury. If he does not get hurt this yr, he could really break out just as he should have last yr. I think Central will surprise. Yes they lost some good folks, but that staff has talent.

The fourth spot. If Halls gets out to a fast start, and can carry some confidence into the 2nd half of the season, this could be a program ready to turn positive. Julian has generated good buzz, but the $s just won't flow for the facilities needed until the W's show up. Maybe it's me, but it just seems like Halls has a tough start at the Jamboree every year, and then takes a while to get going.

That may change with halls playing AE in the jamboree this year instead of Webb.

I see 3-4A like this for the coming season:

1. Maryville = big surprise there, who ever would have thought that?? With all the boys they have coming back I don't see this year being the end of an era.

2. West = What can I say, speed kills, they certainly proved it last year. Although they do have great coaching and will have a great season I dont believe they are on Maryville's level just yet.

3. Central/Halls =

Central= Great coaching and a great RB. Wilson may be the best running back in the region and maybe even all of 4A if he is healthy. Although speed does kill, and central has plenty of it, size punishes. and central does not have plent of that which is why they may do worse then they have in years past.

Halls = This could be a wild card team. It is basically the same team as last year, well minus Cooper, but he may not be missed as much as people think. Now that this young team has gotten older, had a few more hairs start growing on certain areas of their body, they could come together and be one very strong team this year.

5. Powell/Clinton/South Doyle= these 3 may be all equal this year

Powell= Loss of talent will defiantly hurt, but the new coach could possibly turn things around

Clinton = Strong JV teams the last 2 years and could possibly upset one of the teams in the top 4.

South Doyle = If the coach could establish some disipline from the team they may end up having a pretty good season.

8. Lenior City = sorry boys, but moving to 3A next time they do the split may help ya'll out.

QUOTE(sneakypete @ Apr 13 2007 - 08:54 AM) 826436518[/snapback]Not to speak for HTV, but, it is technically possible to transfere to those schools. There just has to be some extinuating circumstances.

Powell and Halls are "closed zone" schools. The only way one can get a transfer in to either school is if one is a minority student transferring in. Otherwise one has to live in Powell or Halls to attend either Powell or Halls.

Unless things have changed over the last year or so, Powell and Halls are the only two closed zone high schools left in the Knox County system.

QUOTE(KnoxWest#63 @ Apr 9 2007 - 01:04 PM) 826433151[/snapback]Ok..Ok we all know that Maruvil is a perennial super power in 4A and will beat anybody else they play for that matter We also Know that 3-4A is one of the toughest regions in the state 4A or any other division for that matter...but what about the others.......will West run away with the #2 spot in the region again.....Will Halls bounce back from their sup par preformance as of late...How will Central adjust to not having a multitude of a solid set of break out PROVEN stars going into next season.....will Powell's honeymoon with coach Lowe end before vows are even said??...And will Clinton look to rise from the ranks of the perrenial cellar dwelers?????.....O yeah and will SD do.....well...anything???? /blink.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":blink:" border="0" alt="blink.gif" /> ................

all these questions and more will be answered in the comming months as we get a clearer picture of what is going on......

not that it matters but here is my prediction.......I realise it early but it just for fun /rolleyes.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":rolleyes:" border="0" alt="rolleyes.gif" />

1st Maruvil--duh /huh.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":huh:" border="0" alt="huh.gif" />

2nd Knox West...

My bracket buster 3rd...Halls..looking to bounce back from a below average season

4th-Central....

Just my thoughts...what do you guys think

Just was curious if thats top like 5 in state or what ever cause if so u really should add redbank cause iod say were number 2 right behind meruvill cause we have some amazing talent returning for 07 season

definately not the top 5 in the state.........not even east tennessee...only 2 teams from the listing would even be considered for either of thoes rankings...KnoxWest and Marivul.........but RB does have a good team.....I hope we see U guys in the playoffs again this year......We owe u guys a whoopin.....cough cough..... /tongue.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":P" border="0" alt="tongue.gif" />

QUOTE(KnoxWest#63 @ Apr 18 2007 - 04:42 PM) 826440556[/snapback]definately not the top 5 in the state.........not even east tennessee...only 2 teams from the listing would even be considered for either of thoes rankings...KnoxWest and Marivul.........but RB does have a good team.....I hope we see U guys in the playoffs again this year......We owe u guys a whoopin.....cough cough..... /tongue.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":P" border="0" alt="tongue.gif" />

were not top 5 in the state lol we should be even tho were # 4 on some web sites but i duno. lol we are returing are whole offense back everybody expet 3 guys i think we will beat everybody untill meruvile then who knows nything could happen but we should top most knox teams klast year we beat west 28 to 8 they could barely even keep the ball. we have a rock solid team both sides of the ball.... every knox tem we played could barely score so yes we de should be maby 4 in state behind mery, mccallie and actualy i think thats it. but we have a great solid team and def dont see west whoopen us ny day of the week lol /tongue.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":P" border="0" alt="tongue.gif" /> /tongue.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":P" border="0" alt="tongue.gif" />

hey knoxwest i think aot of people on here if they know nythign of redbank football will tell you that we are one of the best and do deserve to be in top 5 6 at the most

QUOTE(RBplayer2010 @ Apr 18 2007 - 08:45 PM) 826440742[/snapback]were not top 5 in the state lol we should be even tho were # 4 on some web sites but i duno. lol we are returing are whole offense back everybody expet 3 guys i think we will beat everybody untill meruvile then who knows nything could happen but we should top most knox teams klast year we beat west 28 to 8 they could barely even keep the ball. we have a rock solid team both sides of the ball.... every knox tem we played could barely score so yes we de should be maby 4 in state behind mery, mccallie and actualy i think thats it. but we have a great solid team and def dont see west whoopen us ny day of the week lol /tongue.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":P" border="0" alt="tongue.gif" /> /tongue.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":P" border="0" alt="tongue.gif" />

hey knoxwest i think aot of people on here if they know nythign of redbank football will tell you that we are one of the best and do deserve to be in top 5 6 at the most

RBplayer2010.

Red Bank had a very good team last year. With all due repect to 3-4A, the Region was down last year. Certainly Central and Powell were. Knox West was better, but not one of the Top 5 in TN, ET, or Knox/Blount area IMHO. Saying that "every Knox team we played could barely score" is not accurate. Red Bank, as I recall beat 3A Austin East 14-13. That would be the same Austin East that finished 3rd in Region 2-3A behind a couple of other little 3A programs that you might have heard of; Catholic and Fulton. There was this other little DII school that happened to beat AE last year by the name of Webb. Thats right, the same Webb school that lost to Catholic by a point. Thats right, the same Catholic that beat Fulton, who returned the favor.

Thats right the same Fulton that beat Alcoa. Yup the same little 2A Alcoa that lost to Maryville 17-14, and beat McCallie. So, from a "team" standpoint, I think it is fair to say that Maryville (4A State Champ), Fulton (3A State Champ), Alcoa (2A State Champ), Webb (D II State Champ), and Catholic (beat Fulton, Webb, AE) would be 5 teams in the Knox/Blount area that could be ranked ahead of Red Bank if Red Bank were in this area. I could also put Morristown West & Farragut in that group.

To take the argument to a "state-wide" or "East Tennessee" wide would be silly. Kingsport DB, Ooltewah, then Riverdale, Hillsboro, Brentwood Academy, Melrose, etc, etc.

Talent wise Red Bank certainly had that with All State performers Caldwell @ DB, Sims @ LB, and Ledbetter @ QB. Maryville had both the Lineman of the Year (Douglas) and Back of the Year (Maples). Fulton had All State players Rogan, Stokes, Hammilton, Higgins, and Freeney(I think). Austin East had Troutman, Anderson. Catholic had Smith, Franklin, and Tait. Alcoa had Sykes, Lanxter, Sommer, Shiverdecker, Hicks. Webb had Beller, Kirby-Jones.

Red Bank loses Dee Staton out of the backfield. Also gone is Cory Emery and Jeff Cherne up front. On D, lost are Balazy, Lewis, Dewett, and Hollis up front. Also gone are Landers and Parmers, as well as Taylor (LBs/DB).

Now, I am sure coach Daniels will have the Lions ready for 07, and that they will be very good once again. I am equally sure that Coach Daniels would not shout out to the world that Red Bank deserves to be in the Top 5-6 of all the teams in Tennesse regardless of classification. Why? Because it does'nt matter one bit right now.