Maryville / Lenior City

NedNatterjack

QUOTE(NedNatterjack @ Apr 10 2007 - 09:01 PM) 826434445[/snapback]Maryville - 2

Lenoir City - 0

Figured it would be worse than that. The paper said that Lenoir City outshot them as well. Was this because Lenoir City seemed evenly matched, or was it because Maryville just played defensively once going up 2-0?

QUOTE(dins8 @ Apr 11 2007 - 07:38 AM) 826434663[/snapback]Figured it would be worse than that. The paper said that Lenoir City outshot them as well. Was this because Lenoir City seemed evenly matched, or was it because Maryville just played defensively once going up 2-0?

I think it also has to do with who called in the scores to the paper...

Well, We came out strong at the beginning of the game and controlled most of it as well, I was very confident we would win but turned out that we just couldn't score. Their first goal came from a throw in. The first time they threw it to our keeper, but it was called back because they were still subbing or something like that. So they threw it in again back to someone beyond the 18 who wasn't marked well and he took the ball and shot from far out, scoring an upper 90 shot.. I don't know if he meant to shoot it or cross it, but it was unstoppable. Their other goal in the second half was also scored from far out, noone picked him up quickly enough so he shot, which the ball hugged the far post on the right and went in. I wouldn't doubt that we did have more shots, they just were more accurate on a few of theirs.

QUOTE(lcdefence @ Apr 18 2007 - 07:05 AM) 826440055[/snapback]Well, We came out strong at the beginning of the game and controlled most of it as well, I was very confident we would win but turned out that we just couldn't score. Their first goal came from a throw in. The first time they threw it to our keeper, but it was called back because they were still subbing or something like that. So they threw it in again back to someone beyond the 18 who wasn't marked well and he took the ball and shot from far out, scoring an upper 90 shot.. I don't know if he meant to shoot it or cross it, but it was unstoppable. Their other goal in the second half was also scored from far out, noone picked him up quickly enough so he shot, which the ball hugged the far post on the right and went in. I wouldn't doubt that we did have more shots, they just were more accurate on a few of theirs.

If it was #10 or #7 then they meant to do it, other than that i doubt it. But if 10 or 7 then it was def a real shot

QUOTE(PinballWizard @ Apr 18 2007 - 10:10 AM) 826440231[/snapback]If it was #10 or #7 then they meant to do it, other than that i doubt it. But if 10 or 7 then it was def a real shot

i think you give those two players more credit than is due. they are good. but not as good as people say they are. they were shut down in the SD game.