The Countdown Begins...

QUOTE(supersteve17 @ Apr 15 2007 - 04:41 PM) 826438029[/snapback]I assume you are saying this IF the TSSAA loses? I thought the point has been made many times on these discussion boards that the NFHS would not endorse/approve two organizations or sanctioning bodies in the same state. Is that true or is that merely speculation? You seem to be advocating a split on stricly urban/rural lines. What about the rural private schools (of which there are really very few)? Would you play with them?

I think if you had about 150 each in two different groups, they'd approve both. I"m speculating on which teams would jump, some might feel comfortable competing with urban and metro schools. I don't think such a group would invite any private schools. Chattanooga area is what I'm most familiar with, sorry if people are tired of it being used, but with the remaining schools under such a scenario it might look like this:

A: Temple, Grace, Boyd-Buchanan, Silverdale, David Brainerd, Chattanooga Christian (with 21st Cent, Arts and Sciences, possibly Hamilton Heights or other current non-TSSAA schools in basketball)

AA: East Ridge, Howard, Brainerd, Tyner, Hixson, Notre Dame (possibly Signal Mountain and East Brainerd when they open)

AAA: Baylor, McCallie, Red Bank, Soddy-Daisy, Ooltewah, Bradley Central, Walker Valley, Cleveland

Plenty of good teams would remain.

• Replies 231
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(Indian @ Apr 17 2007 - 08:47 PM) 826439859[/snapback]I think if you had about 150 each in two different groups, they'd approve both. I"m speculating on which teams would jump, some might feel comfortable competing with urban and metro schools. I don't think such a group would invite any private schools. Chattanooga area is what I'm most familiar with, sorry if people are tired of it being used, but with the remaining schools under such a scenario it might look like this:

A: Temple, Grace, Boyd-Buchanan, Silverdale, David Brainerd, Chattanooga Christian (with 21st Cent, Arts and Sciences, possibly Hamilton Heights or other current non-TSSAA schools in basketball)

AA: East Ridge, Howard, Brainerd, Tyner, Hixson, Notre Dame (possibly Signal Mountain and East Brainerd when they open)

AAA: Baylor, McCallie, Red Bank, Soddy-Daisy, Ooltewah, Bradley Central, Walker Valley, Cleveland

Plenty of good teams would remain.

Where would Lookout Valley be?

You can read the text of the meeting today at the Tennessean.

It reads like the SC really wanted answers from the BA camp that they couldn't provide to the satisfaction of the SC.

The biggest thing that stood out to me in the reading was the fact that the letters should have come from BA as a school. Instead they were sent out from Coach Flatt, this appears to be the issue that will give the TSSAA the "victory" in the matter if there really is one.

Espn reported that the SC will have a ruling in June.

If I had to guess I would say the SC will rule for TSSAA, and in the results I would look for TSSAA to give BA time served and not go after the $3000.00 or the other 3 years of probation. I thought it was just a 2 year deal until I read the transcripts of the meeting today.

But who really knows what will come of this...looks like the SC had a bigger issue to solve today....

QUOTE(Indian @ Apr 18 2007 - 07:40 PM) 826440673[/snapback]In the first group.

Would they (Lookout Valley) want to be grouped with all those private schools if given the choice? I have heard from a pretty good source that there are people currently in their administration that do not want to schedule private schools for athletic contests if they are not in their district or region.

QUOTE(KCHSCoach @ Apr 19 2007 - 07:31 AM) 826440868[/snapback]Its just a matter of time before a DI private sues the T$$AA for this arbitrary 1.8 multiplier, T$$AA problems are just beginning!

It wouldnt supriseme to see a private do that. TSSAA is trying to even the playing field for these kids and its upseting all the privates that do no wrong.

QUOTE(MPHSTIGERS87 @ Apr 19 2007 - 08:58 AM) 826440932[/snapback]It wouldnt supriseme to see a private do that. TSSAA is trying to even the playing field for these kids and its upseting all the privates that do no wrong.

That is actually working its way through the courts in a couple of other states. I believe the privates will let that set a precedent and the decide whether or not to pursue ... that is unless there aren't drastic changes after the BA v. T$$AA case.

I just want this thing to be over! It has been over ten years and the cost to the state is ridiculous! I don't care how this thing turns out but a court needs to settle this once and for all.

I no longer care how it turns out but if the TSSAA loses this case, you can bet they will split out all private schools under any reorganization plan. The question is freedom of speech not freedom of participation and you will see all public schools in the United States search for ways to end association with private institutions. Many states already have their organizations structured this way and I have no doubt that the TSSAA already has such plans ready to go if they lose. In NC, we only have a handful of private schools that play in the NCHSAA. Most belong to independent leagues.

Again, it's time to end this case one way or another!