Farragut vs Maryville

The King of the Burbs

• Replies 42
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'll bite...

I assume that everyone will predict Farragut to thump Maryville coming off a tough Bearden loss, but Maryville is coming off of a tough 3-2 loss to West as well. Look for both teams to be hungry and eager to bounce back; both teams have had a tough time catching a break this season.

Let's look at this closely:

-Farragut has tied teams they should have blown out (McMinn Co.)

-Maryville has lost their close games such as West--a game in which the ref apparently missed an egregious double touch by the keeper

-Maryville has been plagued by injury all season (their back line is never healthy, and they are missing a few of their flanks as well)--hence the reason that #4 from West had a field day.

-Farragut is now missing their back line, and it is questionable whether or not they will be back tomorrow.

I believe that these injuries are all key, but they affect Maryville more. If a player on Maryville gets hurt, Maryville coaches have no idea where to look on their bench. If a Farragut player goes down, there are ten capable bodies on the bench who have eagerly been awaiting their chance. Maryville does not have the depth luxury--Farragut does. More importantly, Maryville's injuries seem to be happening at all the wrong spots. Holt, from Farragut should be licking his chops on the left side; Maryville's subs and flanks cannot keep up with him. Furthermore, Maryville's backs (subs or starters) should not be able to keep up with Backstrom. They stab, they hold onto the ball too long, and their clearances are weak; Backstrom should be able to take advantage of their weaknesses.

However, I do think Maryville matches up well at the center mid position. #17 is one of Farragut's better players, but Carter from Maryville and #10 from Maryville (the short blonde kid) are both tricky and tough. Ridge Carter plays his best against good competition, and I can see him scoring tomorrow--especially if Farragut is still missing some backs. But Carter works himself to death, and he tires by the time the second half comes around. Again, who does Maryville put in from their bench to replace him or help him out? No one. If Russell, Backstrom, or Holt tire, Culbreth will gladly sit them; I actually think they sit for too long!

Ultimately, I think Maryville will get their goal, and Farragut will get their goalS. Farragut is too much for an injury plagued, depth lacking, Maryville, and Farragut's best player is going against some shaky backs.

Farragut 2-1.

Most influential players in this game:

Backstrom: look for him to exploit Maryville's defense

Carter: will work hard and maybe even score

#8 from Farragut should be able to torment Maryville's flanks

#9 from Maryville--tall kid up top who works hard and has speed. He might be able to expose Farragut's subs on the back line.

QUOTE(akula21 @ Apr 15 2007 - 02:38 PM) 826437930[/snapback]You impress me more and more with your info Dins,

you are like the Yoda of CoachT soccer /huh.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":huh:" border="0" alt="huh.gif" />

Seriously!! If i was a coach id come on here and ask you for a scouting report. /smile.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":)" border="0" alt="smile.gif" /> Dins....who is going to win the Euro 2008? And i want a full scouting report of who is going to be in the finals!!

dins8 has definitely done his homework. this could be a very interesting game. there is no doubt that Farragut is the more talented team and probably will be picked to win. however, Maryville has shown some moments of brilliance this year, the problem with them is that they are very inconsistent and can not seem to hold it together for 80 minutes. if Maryville expects to stand a chance in this game, some guys, including the subs, will have to step up and quit playing scared.

QUOTE(akula21 @ Apr 15 2007 - 12:38 PM) 826437930[/snapback]You impress me more and more with your info Dins,

you are like the Yoda of CoachT soccer /huh.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":huh:" border="0" alt="huh.gif" />

Haha. Thanks, but I'm wrong more than I'm right! /smile.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":)" border="0" alt="smile.gif" />