Rankings Week 6

mjuhb

• Replies 122
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(ihavenofriendzz @ Apr 20 2007 - 04:10 PM) 826442012[/snapback]I totally agree that both areas have great players and teams.

Assuming we consider West in West Knoxville they have 1329 students accoring to tssaa.org. That still leaves Williamson Co. with atleast 900 more students not including the private schools. But the main areas I was including in my search yesterday was Farragut, Bearden, and Cedar Bluff. Basically the soccer area. Not Karns or West. Just where the good soccer schools are, because his main point was that all of Williamson Co. has better soccer, per person i guess you could say, than the West Knox area. I assumed he meant Farragut, Bearden, CAK, Catholic, and Webb. Those are the only good teams so. based on the research I did. Williamson Co. had alot more students than those 5 schools. So I'd think that the 5 main West Knox schools have better soccer. We might as well put up the Karns enrollment because I'm sure someone will ask that.. 1735. They took about 200 or so kids from Farragut and i think Bearden. I also was assuming that Rigger meant the 5 main soccer schools as well when he made his comment about it being a better area.

EDIT: alright. I looked back and Rigger said top 6 so I guess he was talking about West also. So we will now go with Williamson Co. has a 900+ student advantage.

It has never been about the number of students in one area or county.... The original post was that because 6 of the top 12 teams ranked were "West Knoxville" teams that it meant West Knoxville has the most talented concentration of players. My reply was only to show that Williamson County will never have the concentration of players per school, i.e. 2300+ (Farragut), 2100+(Bearden) because Williamson has so many schools that the talent gets distributed amongst them very equally. The private schools in both Nashville (MBA, BGA, CPA, Father Ryan, etc) and Knoxville (Webb, CAK, Catholic, etc) are very equivalent, so you can even take them out of the mix. Imagine if Brentwood and Ravenwood were combined rather than split...Franklin and Independence also...the fact is that the strong teams in AAA Region 11 have to play each other and by beating and tying one another, I believe it hurts these teams in overall rankings.....but rankings will change from ranker to ranker....what matters is that we give every area of the State respect for the soccer talent it holds!

Tough job ranking teams like this. some small input on A/AA Region 2:

Alcoa seems about right. Kingston played them in a scrimmage and they were doing good things. Admitted that both coaches were moving players around and several starters were missing but it was a good game.

Stone Memorial should be above Seymour by a good bit. (Watch SM over the next few years. They seem to have brought in an actual soccer coach) Too bad there's not enough interplay between the two districts in our region during the regular season.

Kingston is 7-1 in District play. Thomas Scarborough tweaked a knee at Loudon Friday so that could dash their hopes of catching CAK asleep at the wheel but they will still finish 3rd in District no matter what. Stone Memorial and Kingston both deserve to move to Region play but with two powerhouses like CAK and Catholic in the same District...Oh well.

The good news is that ranking teams is getting harder and harder because their is no longer a clear divide between Best and Second Best. I like that.

QUOTE(ihavenofriendzz @ Apr 20 2007 - 05:10 PM) 826442012[/snapback]I totally agree that both areas have great players and teams.

Assuming we consider West in West Knoxville they have 1329 students accoring to tssaa.org. That still leaves Williamson Co. with atleast 900 more students not including the private schools. But the main areas I was including in my search yesterday was Farragut, Bearden, and Cedar Bluff. Basically the soccer area. Not Karns or West. Just where the good soccer schools are, because his main point was that all of Williamson Co. has better soccer, per person i guess you could say, than the West Knox area. I assumed he meant Farragut, Bearden, CAK, Catholic, and Webb. Those are the only good teams so. based on the research I did. Williamson Co. had alot more students than those 5 schools. So I'd think that the 5 main West Knox schools have better soccer. We might as well put up the Karns enrollment because I'm sure someone will ask that.. 1735. They took about 200 or so kids from Farragut and i think Bearden. I also was assuming that Rigger meant the 5 main soccer schools as well when he made his comment about it being a better area.

EDIT: alright. I looked back and Rigger said top 6 so I guess he was talking about West also. So we will now go with Williamson Co. has a 900+ student advantage.

your taking this WAY to seriously