Rankings Week 6

mjuhb

QUOTE(rigger101 @ Apr 19 2007 - 07:15 PM) 826441353[/snapback]6 0f the top 12 teams in the State are from West Knoxville.

Now that's a soccer hub if there every was one in TN.

Congrats to all the great Coaches, parents and players who are a part of the feeder programs in that area. Best Soccer area we ever lived in.

If you think that West Knoxville is a good soccer hub, you need to take a look at Williamson County!

Brentwood, Ravenwood, BGA, Franklin, Independence, Centennial (and players in MBA, FRA and Father Ryan) in a county that is nowhere near as big as Knox County (I believe Knox is 3rd largest in TN v. Williamson is 14th largest ). Per capita, I would argue that there is a concentration of talent in Williamson Co. It's a shame that we have so many schools in a much smaller area to divide the talent pool. (We pick each other off the top 25 list).

• Replies 122
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(rhcp @ Apr 19 2007 - 09:39 PM) 826441407[/snapback]If you think that West Knoxville is a good soccer hub, you need to take a look at Williamson County!

Brentwood, Ravenwood, BGA, Franklin, Independence, Centennial (and players in MBA, FRA and Father Ryan) in a county that is nowhere near as big as Knox County (I believe Knox is 3rd largest in TN v. Williamson is 14th largest ). Per capita, I would argue that there is a concentration of talent in Williamson Co. It's a shame that we have so many schools in a much smaller area to divide the talent pool. (We pick each other off the top 25 list).

He said WEST Knoxville. Not all of Knoxville. West Knoxville is big but not that big. And I'd say it's probly half of West Knoxville because I personally think Karns is West Knox. So it's basically Farragut, Bearden, and the Cedar Bluff(where CAK, Catholic, and Webb are located) area. West Knoxville is probaly like 1/6 of Knoxille. maybe less. I'm not sure how big Bearden or Cedar Bluff areas are but Farragut is 16 square miles with around 10-17k people. Bearden and Cedar Bluff probably are about that combined. thats just what im guessing. i dont know this for a fact. but West Knox per capita might be better than Williamson Co. but Knoxville per capita is not better than Williamson Co.

QUOTE(ihavenofriendzz @ Apr 19 2007 - 09:00 PM) 826441424[/snapback]He said WEST Knoxville. Not all of Knoxville. West Knoxville is big but not that big. And I'd say it's probly half of West Knoxville because I personally think Karns is West Knox. So it's basically Farragut, Bearden, and the Cedar Bluff(where CAK, Catholic, and Webb are located) area. West Knoxville is probaly like 1/6 of Knoxille. maybe less. I'm not sure how big Bearden or Cedar Bluff areas are but Farragut is 4 square miles with around 10-17k people. Bearden and Cedar Bluff probably are about that combined. thats just what im guessing. i dont know this for a fact. but West Knox per capita might be better than Williamson Co. but Knoxville per capita is not better than Williamson Co.

So every player that plays on CAK, Webb, and Catholic reside in West Knoxville??? How many students go to Bearden and Farragut? What I'm saying is that our public schools in Williamson Co. (Brentwood, Ravenwood, Franklin, Independence, Centennial and Page) are each much smaller than the public schools in West Knoxville. If we concentrated the talent into two or three large schools with a couple of private schools in the mix, which area then would you believe is stronger?

QUOTE(rhcp @ Apr 19 2007 - 10:13 PM) 826441440[/snapback]So every player that plays on CAK, Webb, and Catholic reside in West Knoxville??? How many students go to Bearden and Farragut? What I'm saying is that our public schools in Williamson Co. (Brentwood, Ravenwood, Franklin, Independence, Centennial and Page) are each much smaller than the public schools in West Knoxville. If we concentrated the talent into two or three large schools with a couple of private schools in the mix, which area then would you believe is stronger?

Well since West Knoxville is where the money is I'd say very large parts of CAK, Catholic, and Webb do come from West Knoxville.

according to tssaa.org.. in 2006

Brentwood had 1311

Independence had 1523

Ravenwood had 1379

Franklin had 1498

Centennial had 1304

Page had 813

that comes out to be 7828

Farragut had 2153

Bearden had 1948

that comes out to be 4101

Webb had 488

CAK had 373

Catholic had 548

that comes out to be 1409

so West Knox schools = 5510

Williamson Co. schools = 7828

my vote stays with West Knoxville. even with the private schools taking people from all over Knox county Williamson Co. still has 2300+ more people. basically they have a "Farragut" size advantage and some.