Oakland's Scoreboard

magoo043

• Replies 46
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(magoo043 @ Apr 17 2007 - 09:13 AM) 826439270[/snapback]In today's local section of the DNJ there is an article saying that Oakland High School's baseball scoreboard is in violation of a city ordinance banning electronic signs. Should the scoreboard stay or go? Under this reasoning Oakland should not be aloud to have a scoreboard period. Even the old scoreboard changes!!!! Innings, score, outs, etc.

I hope that our council is trying to shy away from this one!!!!

Has anyone noticed the sign at MTSU on Middle Tennessee Blvd.?

Whats your take on this issue?

It isn't the scoreboard itself that is the problem - it is the message board above it. Someone may get distracted trying to read it and have a wreck! /laugh.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":lol:" border="0" alt="laugh.gif" />

QUOTE(riverdaleman @ Apr 17 2007 - 11:07 AM) 826439389[/snapback]those lawbreaking patriots are at it again LOL

No its just a conspiracy by all those non Oakland folk to undermind our great school. These electronic message board ordinance is absolutely ridiculous, not just for Oakland, but for everybody, the council still think this is a small town when they need to be treat it like it is, one of the fastest growing cities in the US. These message boards only help the community and anybody that says otherwise is rubbish

QUOTE(OaklandBasketball @ Apr 17 2007 - 11:30 AM) 826439451[/snapback]No its just a conspiracy by all those non Oakland folk to undermind our great school. These electronic message board ordinance is absolutely ridiculous, not just for Oakland, but for everybody, the council still think this is a small town when they need to be treat it like it is, one of the fastest growing cities in the US. These message boards only help the community and anybody that says otherwise is rubbish

I think the city of Murfreesboro needs to come into the 21st century the sign is not killing anyone and neither are the two signs that had there permits revoked anyone who has a wreck because of a sign shouldnt have a drivers license anyway

QUOTE(OaklandBasketball @ Apr 17 2007 - 12:30 PM) 826439451[/snapback]No its just a conspiracy by all those non Oakland folk to undermind our great school. These electronic message board ordinance is absolutely ridiculous, not just for Oakland, but for everybody, the council still think this is a small town when they need to be treat it like it is, one of the fastest growing cities in the US. These message boards only help the community and anybody that says otherwise is rubbish

Your Oakland complex is getting on my nerves. Yours is the only high school in Rutherford County that recruits, which is illegal, because yours is the only school in which students not zoned for Oakland can attend there. No one else in the district can stand Oakland because of attitudes like yours. Your complex that everyone is out to get Oakland is childish, and getting old.

QUOTE(The Star @ Apr 17 2007 - 12:51 PM) 826439467[/snapback]Your Oakland complex is getting on my nerves. Yours is the only high school in Rutherford County that recruits, which is illegal, because yours is the only school in which students not zoned for Oakland can attend there. No one else in the district can stand Oakland because of attitudes like yours. Your complex that everyone is out to get Oakland is childish, and getting old.

Im sorry that you didnt catch sarcasm. I think its a dumb law no matter what and the goes the same for every school. As for our zone, thank your principal for that one, he was the one that made the zones so much against Oakland where he bout near killed the school. Since when have I had a Oakland complex that I think we are above everyone else, we've had a great baseball season and I happen to think we are one of the best in the state this year, and I feel pretty confident in saying that. You look at the other sports I post in and tell me I have a Oakland complex

QUOTE(The Star @ Apr 17 2007 - 12:51 PM) 826439467[/snapback]Your Oakland complex is getting on my nerves. Yours is the only high school in Rutherford County that recruits, which is illegal, because yours is the only school in which students not zoned for Oakland can attend there. No one else in the district can stand Oakland because of attitudes like yours. Your complex that everyone is out to get Oakland is childish, and getting old.

Dont start talking about recruiting. Every school does it to an extent. Dont know who Oakland has recruited.

QUOTE(OaklandBasketball @ Apr 17 2007 - 01:14 PM) 826439477[/snapback]Im sorry that you didnt catch sarcasm. I think its a dumb law no matter what and the goes the same for every school. As for our zone, thank your principal for that one, he was the one that made the zones so much against Oakland where he bout near killed the school. Since when have I had a Oakland complex that I think we are above everyone else, we've had a great baseball season and I happen to think we are one of the best in the state this year, and I feel pretty confident in saying that. You look at the other sports I post in and tell me I have a Oakland complex

Make them forfeit all games played while scoreboard is in operation. Litigation will soon follow from several people, myself included. I think special rays or laser beams are coming out the board making my legs fall asleep and have made me shorter. I used to a strapping 5'8" and now I am barely taller than "backside bill."

This post is not meant to be taken seriously, I too think the "investigation" of the sign is crazy.

QUOTE(E5 @ Apr 17 2007 - 01:25 PM) 826439485[/snapback]Make them forfeit all games played while scoreboard is in operation. Litigation will soon follow from several people, myself included. I think special rays or laser beams are coming out the board making my legs fall asleep and have made me shorter. I used to a strapping 5'8" and now I am barely taller than "backside bill."

This post is not meant to be taken seriously, I too think the "investigation" of the sign is crazy.

We have played at Oakland and I don't see anything wrong with the "sign". I would feel safe in saying that Oakland is like 99% of Tennessee's high school teams in that they have to get their money through booster clubs and advertisements. If high school teams in any sport relied only on the money that the school gave them, how much different would athletics be?

QUOTE(SiegelNation07 @ Apr 17 2007 - 01:22 PM) 826439483[/snapback]Dont start talking about recruiting. Every school does it to an extent. Dont know who Oakland has recruited.

I have to call "bull butter" on the recruiting. They have offered me an IB Hall and Lunch Monitor with free lunch and seveth period planning if I can convince my left-handed hindcatcher who we converted into a middle infielder/bullpen rake and tamp. Do you know how prized an IB lunch room monitors's job is worth? That's like an autographed photo of Coach Holland at Dippin Johnny's wedding.