Best Lineman of 07

RBplayer2010

FWIW. I'll start an update now that the "Spring Evaluation" period is almost over. Maybe Big Country and some of the others can "plus up" their membership for $12 bucks, and fill in the missing info.

O Line has to start with Barrett Jones, 6-5, 275 out of ECS who now has 12 offers. Alabama, Auburn, Arkansas, TN, North Carolina, Miami, Vandy, UCLA, Michigan St., Louisville, LSU, and Clemson. Rumor is lucky # 13 could be the Gators.

Preston Bailey, 6-5, 315 @ MBA. Offer list apparently growing. Miami, Clemson, TN, Vandy, South Carolina, Ole Miss, with Auburn, and Florida getting ready to pull the trigger.

David Spurlock. 6-4, 280 @ Riverdale. Really thought he might have "verballed" to UT by now. Offers from Alabama, Vandy, Arkansas, Ole Miss, MTSU. IMHO, this kid is a bit underated. Great drive blocker.

Aaron Douglas. 6-6, 250 @ Maryville. Tennessee commit. But.....now has interest in visiting Alabama, South Carolina, and Southern Cal. You know....just to see the west coast. The South Carolina thing is interesting in light of what happened with Cade Thompson down there.

Others seemingly getting a lot of interest are.

Matt Reynolds. 6-6, 270 @ Crockett County. Vandy, Bama, TN, and then some Big 12 guys, Missouri & Kansas St. are in.

B. Hanson. 6-6 295 @ Milan has Arkansas, Auburn, Louisville, and Memphis showing interest.

Tim Schmid. 6-2 285 @ Father Ryan has interest from Indiana, Alabama, Kentucky, Michigan State, and MTSU.

Evan Ellis. 6-2 285 @ Elizabethton. Ivy all the way. Harvard, Princeton, Brown, Yale. Maybe Vandy, if he could get in:)

Would be interested to know how the offers might be coming for Taylor Sparks @ Briarcrest, Slade Adams @ Mt. Juliet, Gozalez @ Coffeee County, Jerry Henry @ Cheatham Co., Adam Smith @ Blackman, Caleb Cox @ Humboldt, James Francis @ Christian Bros.

D Line tomorrow, or throw it out now. Hightower has TN, Bama, Ole Miss in with Ohio State, and Arky on the way. Collins Ukwu, McAdoo, Dangerfield, Poe, etc.

ruse?

• Replies 107
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(Rhea Co. @ May 23 2007 - 01:39 PM) 826465381[/snapback]I don't know if Mac has the QB touch still but that would be petty intimedating to see him at QB. LOL But yes I think Catholic was a good test to see where the team is right now. I think Catholic will be the toughest team we will see until Red Bank.

Yes, Mr. Sims & Red Bank will be waiting for Mr. McLeroy & Co. in the A-gap. No doubt.

D Line.

OK, so we got McAdoo, 6-7 220 @ Antoich with offers from Ole Miss, Kentucky, Vandy, and MTSU. Tenneesee stepped in a few days ago, and rumblings are that Georgia is close to offering.

Then Collins Ukwu 6-5, 220 heads up the interstate and tears up the Nike Combine in West Lafayette (Purdue) and now Louisville, Michigan State, South Carolina, TN, are moving in, and folks like Ball State, and MTSU can only watch as this kid blows up.

Dangerfield 6-2 275 @ Giles County is being chased by Ole Miss, TN, Auburn, and Louisville.

Quentin Allen 6-3 270 @ Smyrna is gonna take off. Just a matter fo time. Florida, Colorado (who seem to be going after a lot of TN kids), Penn State (the place to go if you like to pick up trash on Sundays), Louisville. If he has a SR yr that is big, he will move up the rankings.

Hightower. 6-3 245. Marshall County Gonna make a tremendous DE. Bama. UT, Ohio State, Auburn, etc can all tell him he will be a LB, but he could earn a living playing DE one day.

LaDarrius Verge. 6-3 240. Riverdale. Louisville, Vandy, MTSU.

TJ Walker 6-4 230 William Blount. Va Tech's to lose although a lot of others are beginig to show serious interest.

Dontari Poe. 6-3. 315. Woodale. Still a lot of interest from Auburn, TN, amongst others. I almost like this kid more @ OG.

One day camps are going to be helpful for a lot of other guys. Should be quite a few more with offers by the end of June.

Guys Like David Lane @ Sycamore, Rogers Gaines @ White House, and Jeremy Johnson @ Whitehaven.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

On the O Line, I would go with the following:P. Bailey. 6-5, 315. MBA. OFFERS FROM: Miami, Clemson, Tennessee, Vandy.B. Jones. 6-5, 270. ECS. OFFERS FROM: Alabama, Auburn, Arkansas, Tennessee, North Carolina, Miami, Vandy.D. Spurlock. 6-4, 280. Riverdale. OFFERS FROM: Alabama, Tennessee, Vandy.M. Bryant. 6-5, 260. Lavergne. Vandy Commit.A. Douglas. 6-6, 250. Maryville. Tennessee Commit. 2006 5A Lineman of the Year.Otheres would be, Evan Ellis. 6-2, 285. Elizabethton, Matt Reynolds. 6-6, 265. Crockett County. B. Hanson. 6-6, 293. Milan, and Brandon McLeroy, 6-4, 280. Rhea County.Ellis will make someone a fine Center, Reynolds is athletic enough to beef up a make a very good Guard, Hanson is the real deal physically. Ran a 5.1. McLeroy is getting a lot of interest from SEC schools. Tennessee & Georgia. All these guys should see D1 offers.On the D Line:M. McAdoo. 6-7, 220. Antioch. OFFERS FROM: Ole Miss, Kentucky, Vandy, MTSU.Quentin Allen. 6-3, 270. Smyrna. This kid could "blow up." Interest from Florida, Colorado, Penn State, Louisville, etc.K. Dangerfield. 6-2, 275. Giles County, Don'ta Hightower DE 6-4, 240. Fast enough to play standing up, and strong enough to play with his hands down. Dontari Poe. DT. 6-3, 315. Memphis Woodale. Getting a lot of mail!

Any updates on these guys post camp circuit? New offers/commits?

D Line.OK, so we got McAdoo, 6-7 220 @ Antoich with offers from Ole Miss, Kentucky, Vandy, and MTSU. Tenneesee stepped in a few days ago, and rumblings are that Georgia is close to offering.Then Collins Ukwu 6-5, 220 heads up the interstate and tears up the Nike Combine in West Lafayette (Purdue) and now Louisville, Michigan State, South Carolina, TN, are moving in, and folks like Ball State, and MTSU can only watch as this kid blows up.Dangerfield 6-2 275 @ Giles County is being chased by Ole Miss, TN, Auburn, and Louisville. Quentin Allen 6-3 270 @ Smyrna is gonna take off. Just a matter fo time. Florida, Colorado (who seem to be going after a lot of TN kids), Penn State (the place to go if you like to pick up trash on Sundays), Louisville. If he has a SR yr that is big, he will move up the rankings.Hightower. 6-3 245. Marshall County Gonna make a tremendous DE. Bama. UT, Ohio State, Auburn, etc can all tell him he will be a LB, but he could earn a living playing DE one day.LaDarrius Verge. 6-3 240. Riverdale. Louisville, Vandy, MTSU.TJ Walker 6-4 230 William Blount. Va Tech's to lose although a lot of others are beginig to show serious interest.Dontari Poe. 6-3. 315. Woodale. Still a lot of interest from Auburn, TN, amongst others. I almost like this kid more @ OG.One day camps are going to be helpful for a lot of other guys. Should be quite a few more with offers by the end of June.Guys Like David Lane @ Sycamore, Rogers Gaines @ White House, and Jeremy Johnson @ Whitehaven.

Updates/Commits?Thanks ruse?

Aaron Douglas. 6-6, 250 @ Maryville. Tennessee commit. But.....now has interest in visiting Alabama, South Carolina, and Southern Cal. You know....just to see the west coast. The South Carolina thing is interesting in light of what happened with Cade Thompson down there.

if he wants to got to so cal im all for that seeing as how i love my trojans.. haha.. i mean who wouldnt want to live in so cal with the awesome weather, except the fact that USC is in the ghetto, but it is a great school

• 2 weeks later...

Anyone have an opinion on Cameron Hunt from David Lipscomb? How good is he? Will he be able to play at the next level or not? He's 6'3" and over 290 lbs, so he's a good sized kid.

J.P. Washington - OT 6'3" 285 maybe a guard at the next level. Has D1AA offers. No D1A offers yet. Hillsboro High School

This guy may not be a big time D1 prospect but Todd Hollingsworth of Maryville is a great player. He is 6'1 240lbs and runs a 4.8 His explosion off the ball is where he is most impressive. He is quick.

REBELRON;

I saw on another thread where you said that Eglehardt was up to 250 or so. I really liked the looks of him at the UT camp earleir this summer. With the evolution of the 3-4, and it finding it's way into more and more college programs, Marcus might make a nice NT in a couple of yrs. He is after all an 09 kid right?

ruse?

J.P. Washington - OT 6'3" 285 maybe a guard at the next level. Has D1AA offers. No D1A offers yet. Hillsboro High School

12NCS.

Washington lose weight? Seems he was in the 310 range last I heard. Good if he did because he seemed a little tentative coming off the ball, and explosion was not as great as it could be. I really like his athletic ability, and feet which would only be enhanced by dropping a few. Should also help with pass protection, which of course will be very important for you guys this yr. Will he play on the other side of the ball this yr. Also what about Ritchie White? How is he coming along? Thanks ruse?