Best Lineman of 07

RBplayer2010

QUOTE(ruse? @ Apr 27 2007 - 01:19 PM) 826447001[/snapback]Rhea Co.

Heard today that Rhea Co. will scrimmage Knox. Catholic in a couple of weeks. I have not seen the McLeroy kid play, but have read/heard a lot of very good things. Do you know if these two scrimmage, and if so, when, and where?

Thanks. ruse?

I'm not 100% sure where the scrimmages will be, but I will have a definite answer soon. Plus other information about the upcoming scrimmages. Right now we are focused on getting into the pads next week, after that all the details should be out.

• Replies 107
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(Rhea Co. @ Apr 28 2007 - 12:48 AM) 826447355[/snapback]I'm not 100% sure where the scrimmages will be, but I will have a definite answer soon. Plus other information about the upcoming scrimmages. Right now we are focused on getting into the pads next week, after that all the details should be out.

Rhea Co.

Thank you. If you could just let me know if, when, and where that Rhea/Catholic scrimmage is going on, I would appreciate it. Not affiliated w/either school, but I think there will be some really good matchups. Thanks.

ruse?

hey not sayin their the best but Knox west has got some good linemen commin up this year........

Mitchell Smith....6' 4" 260..a beast in the weight room but a little on the goofy side..has yet to channel his strength onto the field

Dwayne Gable......6'4" 275....a litte weak up top...(275 bench max??) /blink.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":blink:" border="0" alt="blink.gif" /> ..but squat and dead lift is where the power lies...Squat 450...best dead lift on team..400

Allen Whaley....6'1" a soild starter for 3 years...strongest squat,bench(515,315) on the team

Tee Thomas....6'0"......soild starter returning from last year..quickest 40 time on the line...4.63

Glenn Pullman.....6'1".... hardest worker on the ofensive line...best Power clean on team...275

K.J. Bean.....6'1" a jr with talent speed..and exprirence on the d-line..wat else could u ask for

Will Coley........6'2" a deceptive TE/LB..speed killz....strength does to..he has both........

Charlie Kolinskey.......6'1"..a "Super Sophmore" only one to register playing time and stats as a freshman....

"Stever" Fox.....5'10"...technique...technique......technique...not to mention want to........(something that isnt coachable)

ok sure im puttin these guys out there i do think that most of these guys may be undersized or weaker than most........but they want it just as bad as anybody in the state...time will tell..there are a few who have legit chances of going D1...but this season is all that matters as of now

knoxville halls has a pretty impressive offensive line this year

center- Curtis Plunk- 6'2" 220lbs, big athletic kid who will be a returning starter at center

tackle- Steven Hill- 6'4" 275lbs, very big kid, is going to be a junior this year and is the only of the 5 that is not a returning starter but he saw plenty of playing time last year as a sophomore, if the kid hits the weights hard the next 2 years he has the size to be a D! prospect

guard- Aaron Blair- 6'0" 270, will be a 3 year starter this year in his senior season, power cleans 245, and im not sure the exact numbers but he squats 500+ lbs and benchs 300+ lbs

guard- Brent Hughs- 6'1" 220, extremly quick kid for his size, i believe the 40 time is close to a low 4.8, started last year on offense and defense and is a major threat on the DL

tackle- Caleb Leonard- 6'3" 250, pretty quick for his size, i think the 40 time is close to 4.9-5.0, the kid runs the 200 meter dash on the schools track team if that tells ya anything. He benchs 325, powercleans 250, and placed 6th in the state tournament at heavyweight in wrestling. Is only going to be a junior. started on both sides of the ball for the red devils last year as a sophomore

QUOTE(KnoxWest#63 @ Apr 28 2007 - 09:07 PM) 826447695[/snapback]hey not sayin their the best but Knox west has got some good linemen commin up this year........

Mitchell Smith....6' 4" 260..a beast in the weight room but a little on the goofy side..has yet to channel his strength onto the field

Dwayne Gable......6'4" 275....a litte weak up top...(275 bench max??) /blink.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":blink:" border="0" alt="blink.gif" /> ..but squat and dead lift is where the power lies...Squat 450...best dead lift on team..400

Allen Whaley....6'1" a soild starter for 3 years...strongest squat,bench(515,315) on the team

Tee Thomas....6'0"......soild starter returning from last year..quickest 40 time on the line...4.63

Glenn Pullman.....6'1".... hardest worker on the ofensive line...best Power clean on team...275

K.J. Bean.....6'1" a jr with talent speed..and exprirence on the d-line..wat else could u ask for

Will Coley........6'2" a deceptive TE/LB..speed killz....strength does to..he has both........

Charlie Kolinskey.......6'1"..a "Super Sophmore" only one to register playing time and stats as a freshman....

"Stever" Fox.....5'10"...technique...technique......technique...not to mention want to........(something that isnt coachable)

ok sure im puttin these guys out there i do think that most of these guys may be undersized or weaker than most........but they want it just as bad as anybody in the state...time will tell..there are a few who have legit chances of going D1...but this season is all that matters as of now

KnoxWest#63.

Whaley is a fairly good OL. IMO, West D would have been batter last yr. playing Allen more frequently @ NG/DT. Very hard to move. Also, IMO, Coley has long been one of the most underated athletes in the PrepXtra coverage area. Probably a better prospect behind the plate as a catcher, but would also make someone a nice OLB. Kolinsky has a good motor, quick. Needs to get better (I know just a Soph to be). Whaley, I believe would be considered a 3 yr starter after this season. Don't think he played as a Frosh. Smith. Who knows. Not trying to be mean, but I just don't think any of those guys "individually" are high level D1 OL/DL prospect. I do think, and have said that West will go farther this year than in previous seasons.

QUOTE(Player2BNamed07 @ Apr 29 2007 - 07:16 PM) 826448019[/snapback]look out for BARRET JONES from ECS dont count him out

Most won't, at least not with offers from Bama, Auburn, Arky, UT, Miami, and counting. He is probably top three in the state along with Bailey and Spurlock.

QUOTE(bigman42 @ Apr 29 2007 - 07:49 PM) 826448041[/snapback]knoxville halls has a pretty impressive offensive line this year

center- Curtis Plunk- 6'2" 220lbs, big athletic kid who will be a returning starter at center

tackle- Steven Hill- 6'4" 275lbs, very big kid, is going to be a junior this year and is the only of the 5 that is not a returning starter but he saw plenty of playing time last year as a sophomore, if the kid hits the weights hard the next 2 years he has the size to be a D! prospect

guard- Aaron Blair- 6'0" 270, will be a 3 year starter this year in his senior season, power cleans 245, and im not sure the exact numbers but he squats 500+ lbs and benchs 300+ lbs

guard- Brent Hughs- 6'1" 220, extremly quick kid for his size, i believe the 40 time is close to a low 4.8, started last year on offense and defense and is a major threat on the DL

tackle- Caleb Leonard- 6'3" 250, pretty quick for his size, i think the 40 time is close to 4.9-5.0, the kid runs the 200 meter dash on the schools track team if that tells ya anything. He benchs 325, powercleans 250, and placed 6th in the state tournament at heavyweight in wrestling. Is only going to be a junior. started on both sides of the ball for the red devils last year as a sophomore

bigman42.

I have liked the Leonard kid for some time. Pretty sure he played some as a Frosh, and obviously started both ways last yr. He is big, strong, and pretty explosive. Just can't tell about his reaction time. Seems like he was slow to react on misdirection, or maybe took a false step, or did'nt know where to step. Nothing that can't be fixed. I think he could be a nice prospect for 09 as a Strong Side DE. What happened to Austin Noe. Leonard reminded me of him. Is he still playing. Was a heck of a baseball player as well. Thanks.

QUOTE(ruse? @ Apr 28 2007 - 07:28 AM) 826447393[/snapback]Rhea Co.

Thank you. If you could just let me know if, when, and where that Rhea/Catholic scrimmage is going on, I would appreciate it. Not affiliated w/either school, but I think there will be some really good matchups. Thanks.

ruse?

Ok

Rhea County will play a Green and Gold game next thursday may 10 at 1:30pm @Rhea County

The Knox Catholic game is the following thursday may 17 at Rhea County but time has not yet been decided. I figure it will start in the evening around 5 or 6.

QUOTE(Rhea Co. @ May 4 2007 - 02:40 PM) 826451846[/snapback]Ok

Rhea County will play a Green and Gold game next thursday may 10 at 1:30pm @Rhea County

The Knox Catholic game is the following thursday may 17 at Rhea County but time has not yet been decided. I figure it will start in the evening around 5 or 6.

Rhea County.

Thank you very much. Certainly know about the McLeroy kid up front. Are there any other potential prospects; lineman or otherwise that Rhea County might have out there on 5/17?

ruse?