Best Lineman of 07

RBplayer2010

QUOTE(oledog81 @ May 14 2007 - 07:04 PM) 826459136[/snapback]He has heard from several schools such as UT.,GA, Auburn, MTSU.,Ky.,Vandy,Marshall, Wofford, Wake, UTC, Indiana, Illinois, Michigan State Ole Miss. He has some offers. Yes he is 6'4 285. Maybe a little taller. He has made several visits to UT. MTSU. Auburn and will make a few more visits. He will camp at several places this summer. The game Thurs. will be at Knox Cath. at six. He has track at MTSU tomorrow I think but will be there Thurs. He is getting stronger now since wrestling is over. He lost out on the weight room during wrestling season but will be ready for football.

Welcome oldog81.

Thanks for the information. If REBELRON says the kid can play, well then the kid can probably play. I thought the scrimmage was @ Rhea Co? Are you sure? Also, if you don't mind letting us know, who does McLeroy have offers from? Thanks. ruse?

• Replies 107
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(ruse? @ May 15 2007 - 07:40 AM) 826459388[/snapback]Welcome oldog81.

Thanks for the information. If REBELRON says the kid can play, well then the kid can probably play. I thought the scrimmage was @ Rhea Co? Are you sure? Also, if you don't mind letting us know, who does McLeroy have offers from? Thanks. ruse?

It was going to be at Rhea but they have changed it. It is a 6:00 at Knox Cath. I don't no the offer but heard he had one or two.

QUOTE(oledog81 @ May 15 2007 - 01:19 PM) 826459565[/snapback]It was going to be at Rhea but they have changed it. It is a 6:00 at Knox Cath. I don't no the offer but heard he had one or two.

Thanks oledog81.

It's a pretty drive down that way (off the interstate), but also getting pretty expensive. Spent enough yesterday checking out Knox West v Gatlinburg. West has the speed/skill guys to make a run. Maybe they hook up with you on the 4A playoff path? Thanks again for the info on the location change and the McLeroy kid. I'll look forward to watching him play on Thurs.

ruse?

QUOTE(ruse? @ May 15 2007 - 07:40 AM) 826459388[/snapback]Welcome oldog81.

Yes the scrimmage was moved because the graduation was moved to the football field. I can't wait I want to see the kid I believe he is a Linebacker that signed with Marshall. Wofford was at the school a few days ago looking around at a few players.

QUOTE(Rhea Co. @ May 16 2007 - 04:34 PM) 826460476[/snapback]Yes the scrimmage was moved because the graduation was moved to the football field. I can't wait I want to see the kid I believe he is a Linebacker that signed with Marshall. Wofford was at the school a few days ago looking around at a few players.

Hey Rhea Co.

Yep, looking forward to this one. Seen a few around here past 2 weeks or so. Oak Ridge/Powell, OR/Beraden, West/Gatlinburg, and Anderson County/Farragut. Should be a good one today. Don't know about any LB commit. to Marshall. Pretty sure I can snoop around today, and find out, if and, that is a big if, I can get through the traffic. Travel safely.

ruse?

REBELRON, Rhea Co. FWIW.

Watched the Rhea County/Catholic scrimmage yesterday. McLeroy is a very good OL/DL prospect. He's a good 6-5, 290lb+ with very good lower body strength, and good upper body strength as well. Carries his weight well. He has good feet, and pretty good explosion. Plays too high on offense, but his stregth is such that if he gets his hands on the defender, it's over. Athletic and mobile enough to get up on LBs. Needs to keep a wider base drive blocking. His feet actually crossed a few times, but he was strong enough up top to push the defender without having his feet and legs in good position. Nice motor and intensity on D. Again, plays too high and peeks for the ball carrier. Almost trying to make plays too much, and got caught out of position/assignment a few times. Spoke to some folks who said Fulmer has been down to visit, as well as Georgia and Auburn. A D1 strength and conditioning program, and a position coach that is a stickler for details will make him a very good player. Easy to see why he was all state as a JR, and has SEC schools interested. Heard his grades were fine.

Having said that, I'm not so sure he was the best OL/DL on the field. I didn't think about it because this thread was about SRs, but the Tait kid from Catholic might be as good as McLeroy, and I think might have more potential. 6-3+ and probably around 300lbs. Doesn't carry his weight as well as McLeroy, but is more explosive, and has great feet, and quickness. Devestating drive blocker, and at pulling. Could not tell about pass protection. Doubled most of the time, still got pressure on QB, and made quite a few tackles behind the line. Easy to see why he was all state as a Soph. Spoke to Catholic folks about him. They said UT, Nebraska, ND, Fla, LSU, are all interested, been by this spring, etc. Said he is young, won't turn 18 till college. IMO could be a big time prospect in 09.

ruse

QUOTE(REBELRON @ May 18 2007 - 11:34 PM) 826462589[/snapback]How good did Catholic and Rhea County look?

REBELRON

Rhea lost their starting QB, and RB, but they do have both some good athletes as well as football players. Pretty good size up front, and good LBs. Passing game will get better in time. Run game struggled. Typical Spring rust. Plenty of kids out there, so the sheer #s point towards depth. Regarding Catholic, those that think they won't be much without Harrison Smith or your boy TJ Franklin better think again. 1's vs 1's was 5-1 Catholic. Rhea Co. is pretty good, but I fear that Catholic might be where Maryville was 6-7 yrs. ago in terms of overall program development. Impressive is the word that comes to mind.

QUOTE(ruse? @ May 19 2007 - 07:15 AM) 826462712[/snapback]REBELRON

Rhea lost their starting QB, and RB, but they do have both some good athletes as well as football players. Pretty good size up front, and good LBs. Passing game will get better in time. Run game struggled. Typical Spring rust. Plenty of kids out there, so the sheer #s point towards depth. Regarding Catholic, those that think they won't be much without Harrison Smith or your boy TJ Franklin better think again. 1's vs 1's was 5-1 Catholic. Rhea Co. is pretty good, but I fear that Catholic might be where Maryville was 6-7 yrs. ago in terms of overall program development. Impressive is the word that comes to mind.

I though we did ok; nothing to much to say about it. Man Catholic has some big kids on their team. I would like to point out that all the Sophmores looked really good. They were all in the green pants.

QUOTE(ruse? @ May 18 2007 - 10:39 AM) 826461924[/snapback]REBELRON, Rhea Co. FWIW.

Watched the Rhea County/Catholic scrimmage yesterday. McLeroy is a very good OL/DL prospect. He's a good 6-5, 290lb+ with very good lower body strength, and good upper body strength as well. Carries his weight well. He has good feet, and pretty good explosion. Plays too high on offense, but his stregth is such that if he gets his hands on the defender, it's over. Athletic and mobile enough to get up on LBs. Needs to keep a wider base drive blocking. His feet actually crossed a few times, but he was strong enough up top to push the defender without having his feet and legs in good position. Nice motor and intensity on D. Again, plays too high and peeks for the ball carrier. Almost trying to make plays too much, and got caught out of position/assignment a few times. Spoke to some folks who said Fulmer has been down to visit, as well as Georgia and Auburn. A D1 strength and conditioning program, and a position coach that is a stickler for details will make him a very good player. Easy to see why he was all state as a JR, and has SEC schools interested. Heard his grades were fine.

Having said that, I'm not so sure he was the best OL/DL on the field. I didn't think about it because this thread was about SRs, but the Tait kid from Catholic might be as good as McLeroy, and I think might have more potential. 6-3+ and probably around 300lbs. Doesn't carry his weight as well as McLeroy, but is more explosive, and has great feet, and quickness. Devestating drive blocker, and at pulling. Could not tell about pass protection. Doubled most of the time, still got pressure on QB, and made quite a few tackles behind the line. Easy to see why he was all state as a Soph. Spoke to Catholic folks about him. They said UT, Nebraska, ND, Fla, LSU, are all interested, been by this spring, etc. Said he is young, won't turn 18 till college. IMO could be a big time prospect in 09.

ruse

Yea he has alot to learn. He hasn't been playing the line but 2 years. Use to be a QB. He will get better. He has some good coaches to teach him. A few camps this year and another year under his belt he will be fine. Team wise I think this was the first time they really had the whole team together. Most of them have been in track. Hopefully they can get everything klicking and they can push for the region and who knows what else. They have some good tallent. They will see this summer who really wants it when all the weight lifting starts.

QUOTE(oledog81 @ May 22 2007 - 11:03 AM) 826464574[/snapback]Yea he has alot to learn. He hasn't been playing the line but 2 years. Use to be a QB. He will get better. He has some good coaches to teach him. A few camps this year and another year under his belt he will be fine. Team wise I think this was the first time they really had the whole team together. Most of them have been in track. Hopefully they can get everything klicking and they can push for the region and who knows what else. They have some good tallent. They will see this summer who really wants it when all the weight lifting starts.

Hey oledog81.

Raw, but athletic for sure. He does have a lot of "upside." QB huh? Would have been the Jarred Lorenzen of 4-4A. Like I said, I think that Rhea has some good athletes/football players, and like most are shaking off the spring rust. No doubt in my mind they will be competitive in 07.

ruse?

QUOTE(ruse? @ May 23 2007 - 10:32 AM) 826465225[/snapback]Hey oledog81.

Raw, but athletic for sure. He does have a lot of "upside." QB huh? Would have been the Jarred Lorenzen of 4-4A. Like I said, I think that Rhea has some good athletes/football players, and like most are shaking off the spring rust. No doubt in my mind they will be competitive in 07.

ruse?

I don't know if Mac has the QB touch still but that would be pretty intimedating to see him at QB. LOL But yes I think Catholic was a good test to see where the team is right now. I think Catholic will be the toughest team we will see until Red Bank.