Macon County Tigers

singray

Well today I saw Macon Co. scrimmage Gordonsville on film (from yesterday) and I will be the first to say that Macon is not as bad as I thought. THEY ARE WORSE!!!! It looked like G'Ville could do anything they wanted to with their first team playing Macon Co.'s first team. Macon had one solid drive that ended down near the goaline but outside of that they didn't do much of anything at all. Maybe Gordonsville is a lot better than anyone in Region 4-3A but I personally don't think that they are better than WH or PC. Macon Co. may beat DeKalb Co. to go 1-9 this year right now but that's about it.

I think Macon just lost too many players from last year. Kirby was very tough. I am sure they will improve as the season progresses. The problem is their schedule is very difficult. There are no gimmies. They do have a good young coach. I just don't think he has the horses this year. They rode Dallas a couple of years ago...and Kirby last year. I don't think they have anyone near either of those this year.

• Replies 172
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I notice a pattern here. Let a Smith Co. fan comment on another teams topic and the comments change from Macon Co. F-ball and the G-Ville / Macon C. scrimmage to a SCHS bashing! It's good to be the target, we're flattered!! Should G-Ville beat us by 14 this year, it'll be because they strapped up and brought it to us, not because they talked about it on coacht. Focus jungle fan.....focus!

Wonder why you all are the target? Could be because of coach t. I know I was inspired to make Smith Co. a target last year during the playoffs when I read all the trash talking your fans and players bring to the message boards week in and week out. Hey, thats alright with me. I think its fun myself. Just dont get mad when folks like me and MO$$$$ and singray throw it back at you. I said I would never get a computer till I read all that trash talk and now look at me. I went out and got a computer for christmas last year. Now I'm hooked!!!!!

Wonder why you all are the target? Could be because of coach t. I know I was inspired to make Smith Co. a target last year during the playoffs when I read all the trash talking your fans and players bring to the message boards week in and week out. Hey, thats alright with me. I think its fun myself. Just dont get mad when folks like me and MO$$$$ and singray throw it back at you. I said I would never get a computer till I read all that trash talk and now look at me. I went out and got a computer for christmas last year. Now I'm hooked!!!!!

Same here. I really ain't got a clue about how macon is gonna be, I just like to stir up trouble. It's fun.

I wasn't on here last year so I guess I missed all of it. If players were on here trash talking they need to running sprints 'til they puke. I don't get mad about a message board Posty! By the way MO$$$$ and Singray have never thrown anything back at me because I haven't thrown anything at them. You on the other hand... ..! Anyway I can't do any G-ville bashing on here, my sister will disown me. Unfortunately I live an hour away so this is pretty much the best source that I have for info on SCHS and the rest of the area. Believe me, HS football is not as exciting around here as it is in my old stomping grounds. OH yea, your response to my post was about an hour later than expected. You're slipping!

I wasn't on here last year so I guess I missed all of it. If players were on here trash talking they need to running sprints 'til they puke. I don't get mad about a message board Posty! By the way MO$$$$ and Singray have never thrown anything back at me because I haven't thrown anything at them. You on the other hand... ..! Anyway I can't do any G-ville bashing on here, my sister will disown me. Unfortunately I live an hour away so this is pretty much the best source that I have for info on SCHS and the rest of the area. Believe me, HS football is not as exciting around here as it is in my old stomping grounds. OH yea, your response to my post was about an hour later than expected. You're slipping!

Sorry, I didnt get out of church till late. I'll do better next time.

Guest Termite

Never fear, the postman is here. Gather round little children, gather round. I noticed that Jungle 14 is trying to be a postman now. Well, I am glad to see I'm rubbing off on some of you. I will be conservative and stick with my prediction of GV by 14 over the big bad OWLs, but honestly speaking it could be by more, alot more. I didnt see the brick walls and bulldozers I was told I would see on the Macon Co. sideline, however, I did see a couple of missles and a nuclear weapon on the GV sideline. Boys from Motown if you are listening, listen well. If Upperman scored 20 on this team then the regional title could and will be at stake early in the season. GV is the real deal. I chrissened them in as the 2007 State champs after they plowed through, and threw over the vaunted Macon Co defense like a Pee Wee team. MO$$$$ you cannot hide your hand after tonight, you hold all the aces in 1A. Smith is a man among boys. He has greatly improved from last year, and last year he was good. That running back brought back memories of the 2 time Mr. Football winner that I was able to play with Clint Brown. If I were not a die hard Westmolonite I would defintely be in attendance to see Smith Co. get dismantled by that little 1A team right up the road who was not good enough or big time enough to have an indoor practice facility built for them. Well, I gave you all the up date I promised and by the way, Singray was also in attendance, but is still in shock from all the talent he just seen on display from a 1A team.

So....in a nutshell.........Your proud someone wants to be like you....the owls will get beat by G-ville....You didn't see the playmakers at Macon.....you found out G-ville can play.....You think Macons defense is vaulted ....You was good and played with a 2 x Mr.football...you are a Westmolonite.. and you don't think G-ville is good enough or big time enough to have the same thing Westmoreland has....a practice building... and your friend is smart enough to not say much...

So....in a nutshell.........Your proud someone wants to be like you....the owls will get beat by G-ville....You didn't see the playmakers at Macon.....you found out G-ville can play.....You think Macons defense is vaulted ....You was good and played with a 2 x Mr.football...you are a Westmolonite.. and you don't think G-ville is good enough or big time enough to have the same thing Westmoreland has....a practice building... and your friend is smart enough to not say much...

I wasn't as shocked as Mr. Postman. I had already seen Gordonsville in action in the Spring. I've watched Gordonsville over the years. In my opinion, this is the best I have seen. I really don't think Macon is nearly as bad as Gordonsville made them look. Macon will be a team to reccon with in week one when the Eagles travel east. Gordonsville would make a lot of 4 and 5A teams look bad. I will say this for the Macon County fans, don't pencil Dekalb in as a win. I think our team, coaches and fans were shocked at what we saw in Dekalb. With a couple of early season wins under their belt Dekalb could give Macon and Greenbrier a run for their money. They will not compete with WH or Pearl Cohn. All Dekalb needs is confidence. They remind me of the York team of 06 with the exception that they throw the ball well.

I wasn't as shocked as Mr. Postman. I had already seen Gordonsville in action in the Spring. I've watched Gordonsville over the years. In my opinion, this is the best I have seen. I really don't think Macon is nearly as bad as Gordonsville made them look. Macon will be a team to reccon with in week one when the Eagles travel east. Gordonsville would make a lot of 4 and 5A teams look bad. I will say this for the Macon County fans, don't pencil Dekalb in as a win. I think our team, coaches and fans were shocked at what we saw in Dekalb. With a couple of early season wins under their belt Dekalb could give Macon and Greenbrier a run for their money. They will not compete with WH or Pearl Cohn. All Dekalb needs is confidence. They remind me of the York team of 06 with the exception that they throw the ball well.

Dekalb will not beat greenbrier. The bobcats are alot better this year. They will might give WH & PC all they want.

Dekalb will not beat greenbrier. The bobcats are alot better this year. They will might give WH & PC all they want.

Who??? DeKalb Co. or Greenbrier?????

Region 4-3A Will Go As Follows

Champion: Pearl Cohn or White House (the loser will finish as the runner-up)

I personally like Station Camp to finish as the #3 team from this region heading into the season with what they return. Greenbrier or Sycamore could easily beat them however and finish as the #3 seed from the region.

Fourth Seed: Greenbrier or Sycamore (the loser of this one will likely miss the playoffs unless one of them knocks off Station Camp earlier in the year).

Battle TO AVOID Last Place: DeKalb Co. vs Macon Co. in Week 10