POLK COUNTY vs. McMINN CENTRAL

CRUTCHFIELD

• Replies 260
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(TheOldScout @ Apr 27 2007 - 11:19 AM) 826446882[/snapback]Having a career batting average of over .500 in this district does not mean anything. I don't know which pro scout your talking about but he must not have been at the four games I have been at. If he is so good why did he not have anymore D1 offers than Memphis that I know of? As a matter of fact there has not been any scouts at these games except for Chattanooga State and they came to see Garland who is the best pitcher in the district by far. Roberts is a good kid but not a D1 prospect!

Polk Won the toss.

I'll agree Scout, that he may be the best senior, but I believe their are some juniors that have proven themselves as good.

I would like your reasoning, on what makes him so good. Could it be that when he is on the mound , his Teams defense has not let him down?

QUOTE(TheOldScout @ Apr 27 2007 - 11:19 AM) 826446882[/snapback]Having a career batting average of over .500 in this district does not mean anything. I don't know which pro scout your talking about but he must not have been at the four games I have been at. If he is so good why did he not have anymore D1 offers than Memphis that I know of? As a matter of fact there has not been any scouts at these games except for Chattanooga State and they came to see Garland who is the best pitcher in the district by far. Roberts is a good kid but not a D1 prospect!

Polk Won the toss.

Have you called Memphis' coach and told him what a grave mistake he made? I can't believe he didn't call and ask your advice before he offered him a scholarship. I am sure the Memphis program will take a nosedive if they keep signing well mannered, hard working, honor roll students like Mr. Roberts. When this kid can concentrate solely on baseball he will do nothing but get better, and he is already very good. Has the Roberts family been in contact with you and informed you that no other D1 schools came calling or are you just ASSuming that on your own?

QUOTE(IBPoppin @ Apr 28 2007 - 02:12 AM) 826447344[/snapback]I'll agree Scout, that he may be the best senior, but I believe their are some juniors that have proven themselves as good.

I would like your reasoning, on what makes him so good. Could it be that when he is on the mound , his Teams defense has not let him down?

I am not going strictly on win vs losses. Garland has good mechanics and control of his pitches the only flaws are in his stretch he takes too long in going to the plate. However he is left handed and could get away with it if he works on his move to first, to be a lefty his move is not very good. Stealing third should be no problem for opposing teams. He has good off speed pitches and his fastball has alot of movement. I think in this district he is the best. I do like the way Shaw battles people and does not show his emotions on the mound.

QUOTE(Lovethisgame @ Apr 29 2007 - 08:54 AM) 826447804[/snapback]Have you called Memphis' coach and told him what a grave mistake he made? I can't believe he didn't call and ask your advice before he offered him a scholarship. I am sure the Memphis program will take a nosedive if they keep signing well mannered, hard working, honor roll students like Mr. Roberts. When this kid can concentrate solely on baseball he will do nothing but get better, and he is already very good. Has the Roberts family been in contact with you and informed you that no other D1 schools came calling or are you just ASSuming that on your own?

If you think he is a D1 player then that is your opinion. As for Memphis taking a nosedive they were 32-28 last year I believe so they don't have far to go. The last time they won the conference was in 1994. If he had other offers why would he go to a mid major program that is not very good. Concentrating on baseball has nothing to do with talent its either there or it isn't. Roberts has some talent but lets be honest where is he going to play at a D1 school? Please tell me that so I can burst your bubble.

QUOTE(TheOldScout @ Apr 29 2007 - 11:14 AM) 826447855[/snapback]If you think he is a D1 player then that is your opinion. As for Memphis taking a nosedive they were 32-28 last year I believe so they don't have far to go. The last time they won the conference was in 1994. If he had other offers why would he go to a mid major program that is not very good. Concentrating on baseball has nothing to do with talent its either there or it isn't. Roberts has some talent but lets be honest where is he going to play at a D1 school? Please tell me that so I can burst your bubble.

OK ole wise one here goes. He will play either 2nd base or the outfield. NOW bust away.

QUOTE(Lovethisgame @ Apr 29 2007 - 05:42 PM) 826447953[/snapback]OK ole wise one here goes. He will play either 2nd base or the outfield. NOW bust away.

I think if he does have a position it would be second and his lack of size and speed will keep him from playing outfield. His hitting is average, if he doesn't hit it any better than he did in the four games I saw him you can forget about it. Look at all the batting averages from Central, Polk, and Meigs they are very high so this should tell you something about this district and its pitching. Don't get me wrong I hope he goes and starts and gets drafted but I think the problem with too many of today's players is that they feel they have to go D1 no matter what school it is or they have not done anything. If it were my son I would send him to a good junior college to work on some of his weaknesses then move on to a good D1 baseball school. Let me end with this, I am sure Mr. Roberts feels his son has made the right decision and I wish him and Tyler all the best. They are good people and Tyler is a great student and young man and I mean no disrespect in my observation.

QUOTE(TheOldScout @ Apr 30 2007 - 06:08 AM) 826448167[/snapback]I think if he does have a position it would be second and his lack of size and speed will keep him from playing outfield. His hitting is average, if he doesn't hit it any better than he did in the four games I saw him you can forget about it. Look at all the batting averages from Central, Polk, and Meigs they are very high so this should tell you something about this district and its pitching. Don't get me wrong I hope he goes and starts and gets drafted but I think the problem with too many of today's players is that they feel they have to go D1 no matter what school it is or they have not done anything. If it were my son I would send him to a good junior college to work on some of his weaknesses then move on to a good D1 baseball school. Let me end with this, I am sure Mr. Roberts feels his son has made the right decision and I wish him and Tyler all the best. They are good people and Tyler is a great student and young man and I mean no disrespect in my observation.

He will definitly see more playing time than the other "Tyler" !!!!

QUOTE(IBPoppin @ May 1 2007 - 11:42 PM) 826449633[/snapback]He will definitly see more playing time than the other "Tyler" !!!!

Ha it's funny how you like to talk trash about someone who shut both Meigs and Central down!!! /huh.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":huh:" border="0" alt="huh.gif" />