POLK COUNTY vs. McMINN CENTRAL

CRUTCHFIELD

• Replies 260
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(Butch & Sundance @ May 4 2007 - 08:16 AM) 826451523[/snapback]Any program would love to have a kid with his heart.

Matthew got all his looks, speed, and defensive skills from his dear old cousin...... /tongue.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":P" border="0" alt="tongue.gif" />

QUOTE(Butch & Sundance @ May 3 2007 - 08:28 PM) 826451166[/snapback]# 10 does ok at 3rd just needs to get in front of the ball sometimes. at 3rd all you need to do is get in front

of the ball knock it down and throw the runner out. Matt Allen from Polk showed everyone how to play 3rd

when Polk played at Central. Put your nose on the ball and play the game

I think 14 is more willing to put his body in front of the ball and do whatever it takes to stop it. I didn't mean to imply that 10 is a terrible ball player, because he's not. He's swinging a smokin' hot bat right now. I also didn't mean to imply that 14 is a terrible first baseman. I do believe that 20 is slightly better at the position. Either way you are correct with Central's middle infield the corners are a weak spot. Central's bats are getting hot, though. I look for Central to win the tournament!!

QUOTE(chargerthruandthru @ May 4 2007 - 12:16 PM) 826451696[/snapback]I think 14 is more willing to put his body in front of the ball and do whatever it takes to stop it. I didn't mean to imply that 10 is a terrible ball player, because he's not. He's swinging a smokin' hot bat right now. I also didn't mean to imply that 14 is a terrible first baseman. I do believe that 20 is slightly better at the position. Either way you are correct with Central's middle infield the corners are a weak spot. Central's bats are getting hot, though. I look for Central to win the tournament!!

IMHO if Polk can put some runs up early they have a shot at winning the tournament. With Will Phillips back in the rotation Polk probably has the best pitching staff, but they have to make the routine plays and score some runs for this to happen.

QUOTE(chargerthruandthru @ May 4 2007 - 11:16 AM) 826451696[/snapback]I think 14 is more willing to put his body in front of the ball and do whatever it takes to stop it. I didn't mean to imply that 10 is a terrible ball player, because he's not. He's swinging a smokin' hot bat right now. I also didn't mean to imply that 14 is a terrible first baseman. I do believe that 20 is slightly better at the position. Either way you are correct with Central's middle infield the corners are a weak spot. Central's bats are getting hot, though. I look for Central to win the tournament!!

May be more willing but too slow, can't move to get in front of ball. In my opinion, 10 should stay at third. 20 made the play of the year for him on Friday, saved more runs from scoring and then got removed from game. Playing 10 at first is more a liability than keeping him at third - not much experience. I've never coached or played much of the game, but I understand enough to think you should keep the lineup the same for postseason. Speaking of middle, someone told me the middle infielders for the Chargers has nore errors than either of the corners combined. Don't take me wrong either, I love central baseball and it's coaches.

May be more willing but too slow, can't move to get in front of ball. In my opinion, 10 should stay at third. 20 made the play of the year for him on Friday, saved more runs from scoring and then got removed from game. Playing 10 at first is more a liability than keeping him at third - not much experience. I've never coached or played much of the game, but I understand enough to think you should keep the lineup the same for postseason. Speaking of middle, someone told me the middle infielders for the Chargers has nore errors than either of the corners combined. Don't take me wrong either, I love central baseball and it's coaches.

Well this brings a new light into the Chargers huddle . At this time of the year they don't need this kind of negative comments. Please don't throw rocks.

QUOTE(TheOldScout @ May 4 2007 - 11:34 AM) 826451708[/snapback]IMHO if Polk can put some runs up early they have a shot at winning the tournament. With Will Phillips back in the rotation Polk probably has the best pitching staff, but they have to make the routine plays and score some runs for this to happen.

I agree Scout, but I believe the left side of there infield is suspect. Put to the test , I believe they will determine the outcome.

GOOD OR BAD!!!!

QUOTE(CoachTScout @ May 3 2007 - 06:05 AM) 826450617[/snapback]Yep think that's the same one. One bad game early in the season, everybody has em. But he hasn't had a bad game since that. As i said Central and Meigs, shut down!!!. Get ready to get shut down again!!! /tongue.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":P" border="0" alt="tongue.gif" /> /wink.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=";)" border="0" alt="wink.gif" /> /ph34r.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":ph34r:" border="0" alt="ph34r.gif" />

I agree he hasn't had a bad outing on the mound, but as far as E's in the infield, on the bases, that's another story.

I hope for Polk's sake he play's up to his " ALL DISTRICT" abilities. They will need all their players , playing their best to have a chance at winning the District.

QUOTE(IBPoppin @ May 6 2007 - 01:27 PM) 826452854[/snapback]I agree he hasn't had a bad outing on the mound, but as far as E's in the infield, on the bases, that's another story.

I hope for Polk's sake he play's up to his " ALL DISTRICT" abilities. They will need all their players , playing their best to have a chance at winning the District.

Hmmm well i've went to most of the cats' games and i think he's made like 5 errors tops....but it's district tourney time and everyone needs to step it up to have a chance of winning it....Go Wildcats!!!

QUOTE(Butch & Sundance @ May 5 2007 - 08:10 PM) 826452621[/snapback]May be more willing but too slow, can't move to get in front of ball. In my opinion, 10 should stay at third. 20 made the play of the year for him on Friday, saved more runs from scoring and then got removed from game. Playing 10 at first is more a liability than keeping him at third - not much experience. I've never coached or played much of the game, but I understand enough to think you should keep the lineup the same for postseason. Speaking of middle, someone told me the middle infielders for the Chargers has nore errors than either of the corners combined. Don't take me wrong either, I love central baseball and it's coaches.

Well this brings a new light into the Chargers huddle . At this time of the year they don't need this kind of negative comments. Please don't throw rocks.

Nothing negative intended - if that's the new light in the huddle you are talking about. Just makes no sense to do alot of moving this late in the year.