POLK COUNTY vs. McMINN CENTRAL

CRUTCHFIELD

Very well said, I would like to take my hat off to the Polk players. Very fine bunch of young men.. You always hate to see seniors leave your program and Polk has some good kids that are moving on to the next level.

As far as the ejection yes he should have been gone. Dylan and Ryan are good friends and I would be willing to bet that Dylan was not trying to run him over.. On another note Mark told me about the comments the parents were making down the left field line . I'm glad he has tuff skin and could laugh it off. But some of the suff was uncalled for. Just remember his 16 not 40 . You know who you are and he will remember everything that was said

• Replies 260
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(Butch & Sundance @ May 10 2007 - 09:41 AM) 826456353[/snapback]Very well said, I would like to take my hat off to the Polk players. Very fine bunch of young men.. You always hate to see seniors leave your program and Polk has some good kids that are moving on to the next level.

As far as the ejection yes he should have been gone. Dylan and Ryan are good friends and I would be willing to bet that Dylan was not trying to run him over.. On another note Mark told me about the comments the parents were making down the left field line . I'm glad he has tuff skin and could laugh it off. But some of the suff was uncalled for. Just remember his 16 not 40 . You know who you are and he will remember everything that was said

I agree totally. I do not think Dylan was trying to run him over intentionally it just happened but that's the rule and the ump has to make the call. I believe Dylan was undecided on what to do and just made a mental error and did not slide. When he put his forearms up bracing himself for the collision it looked as if he was trying to run him over. As for the adults no reason for the name calling on either side. I commend you on telling the football players to stop the chanting that could have really got something going, I noticed they didn't stick around after you got on them. Every fan and parent needs to show class and say something when students start going overboard. The problem is like you said sometimes it's the parents.

QUOTE(TheOldScout @ Apr 20 2007 - 11:31 AM) 826441869[/snapback]If you have not seen Polk play then you don't need to comment! I HAVE seen nearly all the teams in the district play and after seeing Polk vs Meigs and Central vs Meigs . I would say Polk and Central are very close but Polk has a little better hitting in the bottom half of the lineup and as mentioned earlier Meigs has to be the most overrated team in the district their hitting is pretty bad and their fielding is not great either! As for stats you are claiming to be better than Polk by comparing stats from their games but yet you guys only beat Sequoyah by 1 run or was that your JV team playing? Polks stats and Centrals are virtually the same against this pitiful district and their losses were close games as was Centrals so you can't say Centrals stats are better. Those stats are good for one thing and that is to wipe with. Don't cast stones if you live in a glass house. Central's schedule is equal to Polk's, you guys don't exactly play any powerhouse teams. I hope Shaw can pitch both games against Polk since you have such confidence in him. Remember baseball is a funny game any team can beat another on any given day no matter how much better one is over the other!!

hmm badgirl I think nothing else needs to be said. I hope the crow taste good in Benton.

QUOTE(badgirl @ May 10 2007 - 11:29 AM) 826456460[/snapback]Sounds like the oldscout needs to get his degree and become a coach. To say that a coach that has as many years experience as Tripplett has doesn't know what position to put his players in is crazy. Sounds like a jealous parent to me.

I hate to tell you but I don't have a kid that plays baseball so you can rule that out and I'm not the jealous type. As for degree's you don't need one just a little baseball knowledge, which you evidently have none of other than what your husband, dad, or brother has told you. Talking about something crazy, experience does not make you a good coach period!! Just wondering how many degree's do you have? /wink.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=";)" border="0" alt="wink.gif" />

QUOTE(bigdaddytiger @ May 10 2007 - 12:17 PM) 826456499[/snapback]hmm badgirl I think nothing else needs to be said. I hope the crow taste good in Benton.

How can you say I am eating crow I said anything could happen and it did. I have never said Polk would win the district or even go to the region. Central made the plays and Polk didn't that's baseball. Because Meigs and Central are going to the region does not change my opinion. These three teams are equal any coach in the district will tell you that and any fan that knows anything. If your going to post one of my quotes from April 20th why don't you post what I was responding to and not just what I said!! Here you go. /wink.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=";)" border="0" alt="wink.gif" />

QUOTE(mexican @ Apr 18 2007 - 08:31 PM) 826440663[/snapback]Better put the crack pipe down before its too late. Nondistrict opponents, you do not want to go there cause you have to cross the Hiwassee Dam to get there. You do have some brain cells left, you are right about regular season means nothing. Would rather lose to good teams than take a W from Basin. As far as Polk being a better hitting team, we'll see next week. I haven't seen them play, but I am not impressed with stats against the opponents they have played. I will say this it will be a "SHAW SHUT DOWN POLK AGAIN" headline.

QUOTE(Sequoyah SID @ May 10 2007 - 01:09 PM) 826456541[/snapback]Does anyone have a complete list of the All-District team? Just wondering who all made it from where, know some of them, but not all of them.

Sorry this is all I could find. Hope it helps.

QUOTE(CRUTCHFIELD @ May 1 2007 - 01:42 PM) 826449247[/snapback]One other note. I'm sure everyone would like to know the All-District Teams.

MVP- Tanner Davis (Polk County) {Roane State}

(CO)- Pitchers of the Year- Tyler Roberts (Meigs County) {Univ. of Memphis}, Josh Garland (Meigs County) {Roane State}, Britt Shaw (McMinn Central)

Coach of the Year- Clint Baker (Meigs County)

Team of the Year- MEIGS COUNTY TIGERS, District record 14-2

ALL-DISTRICT

1. Meigs County- Tyler Roberts, Howie Meadows, Josh Garland, Casey Metts, Brandon Watkins

2. Polk County- Brandon Bean, Tracey Beard, Ryan Qualls, Josh Rose, Tyler Davis

3. McMinn Central- Britt Shaw, Ethan Starr, Shane Moses, Seth Walker, Ty Garrett

4. Boyd Buchanan- Matt Gentry .................

5. Sweetwater-.......................

6. Tyner- Derryk Willingham...............

7. Sequoyah- Elden Moser..........

8. Brainerd- Cedric Henderson, Anthony Know..............

9. Tellico-......................

If you know anyone else that made the All District team please re post them.

I can't beleive Tripplett took a program that was so good and just killed it. Polk is suppose to go to the state every year. Didnt you go to the final four when you were coaching oldscout. And let me make sure you know that I dont know much baseball but I do know about wins, losses, and being competitive and this was one of the most competitive Polk teams I have had the pleasure of watching and I am glad my son had the pleasure of getting a chance to be a part of it.

QUOTE(TheOldScout @ May 10 2007 - 07:38 AM) 826456281[/snapback]Congratulations to Coach Hart and the Central players for the big win. Tonight should be a game just to relax and play, don't get caught up in your emotions of trying to beat Meigs twice because it won't happen. Play hard and get ready for Region play!

As for last nights game I said Polk had 2-3 weak spots and Central capitalized on them. The play at the plate with Coleman running over Qualls was a very bad call and it does not matter if he was up the line 3-4 feet he should have been ejected as the rule states. This could have changed the game but the call was not made and you have to go on. Polk did not deserve to win they made too many errors and their offense did not get the job done against Central's number 3-4 pitcher's.

Let me say this about Polk, IMO Coach Triplett needs to learn from this season. Defense determines the outcome of games 90% of the time not offense. Defense is something that if you work on enough you can count on the players making the routine plays most every time. On offense you are most likely going to fail a minimum of 6-7 times out of 10 so why count on offense to win games, when the percentages says you are going to fail especially against good pitching. As a Coach you have to play players where they will help you the most and he did not. Errors cost them two games against Central and one against Sweetwater that is the difference in advancing to the region instead of watching.

Congratulations to Polk on a great season you have nothing to be ashamed of. As for Tanner, Tyler, Josh, and Tracy I wish you the best of luck next year at Roane State and Ceveland State. You guys are wonderful and intelligent young men just remember baseball can be taken from you but an education will be with you forever. As for everyone else right now is the time to start working for next year. Get in the weight room, work on your weaknesses, go to a good D1 baseball camp, play somewhere this summer and probably the most important is to have fun while your doing it!

I was at the game last nite and saw the play at the plate up close. Ump choked, but with the game being played at

Central, maybe he didn't choke!! You get my drift? How a home plate has to go ask for help from base ump when the play is at his feet blows my mind. Ejection is the only call that should be made and he didn't have the guts to make it. So much for that, Old Scout, I really don't understand which players you would like to be moved around. I'll wait on a response and go from there.

QUOTE(badgirl @ May 10 2007 - 03:32 PM) 826456628[/snapback]I can't beleive Tripplett took a program that was so good and just killed it. Polk is suppose to go to the state every year. Didnt you go to the final four when you were coaching oldscout. And let me make sure you know that I dont know much baseball but I do know about wins, losses, and being competitive and this was one of the most competitive Polk teams I have had the pleasure of watching and I am glad my son had the pleasure of getting a chance to be a part of it.

Let me start by saying that I never said Coach Triplett was a bad coach. I have never said Coach Triplett killed the program so I don't know where you got that. I do however disagree with some of the things he does and his coaching philosophy at times. I have disagreements with other coaches as well and have said so. If I was a coach I'm sure people would disagree with things that I would do but that is part of coaching.

I did say he played some players out of position and everyone knows that and I am not the first to say it. I could prove it if they kept fielding percentages but this is a stat that is not kept to my knowledge but I know what others and myself have seen. I am glad Polk had a great year and I am very proud of them. I just wish these Seniors could have reached their goal of going to the region and I feel with more attention to defense this could have happened. The close games they lost was because of defensive errors. When I say this I am not meaning that the players he had out there should be on the bench. I am simply stating that IMO the coach could have switched some of the players positions and had a better team. I hope your son enjoyed the season because thats what its all about. There is nothing better than being part of a successful team and I wish your son the best of luck. I have said that these games between Polk, Central, and Meigs was some of the best baseball games I have seen in a long time.

BTW why are you so offended by my analysis? I never said anything about the players! There have been times where I was the devils advocate but that was to motivate and keep the players grounded. If you have been reading my post this season I have defended Polk but I also criticized them when they played lackadaisical and was not focused. I feel I cannot say anything better about these guys than I did in an earlier post. In case you overlooked it please read below!!

Last thing if you don't know anything about baseball, how do you know I'm wrong? /wink.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=";)" border="0" alt="wink.gif" />

"As for Tanner, Tyler, Josh, and Tracy I wish you the best of luck next year at Roane State and Cleveland State. You guys are wonderful and intelligent young men just remember baseball can be taken from you but an education will be with you forever. As for everyone else right now is the time to start working for next year. Get in the weight room, work on your weaknesses, go to a good D1 baseball camp, play somewhere this summer and probably the most important is to have fun while your doing it"

QUOTE("Ole Ball Coach @ May 10 2007 - 08:17 PM) 826456782[/snapback]I was at the game last nite and saw the play at the plate up close. Ump choked, but with the game being played at

Central, maybe he didn't choke!! You get my drift? How a home plate has to go ask for help from base ump when the play is at his feet blows my mind. Ejection is the only call that should be made and he didn't have the guts to make it. So much for that, Old Scout, I really don't understand which players you would like to be moved around. I'll wait on a response and go from there.

In the batting order for this season;

Rose-Left field

Qualls-Catcher

Davis-Center

Hammonds- Pinch hitter/DH and in right when others are pitching

Beard-1st

Allen-SS

Davis- 1st when Beard is pitching and 3rd.

Jackson-2nd

Bean-Right

This could change of course depending on who was pitching. So lets hear your critique of the positions or do you dare.