POLK COUNTY vs. McMINN CENTRAL

CRUTCHFIELD

Lets see where to start. You are right Tanner Davis is a great center fielder, as a matter of fact he is the second best in the district behind Brandon Bean who never gets to play center either. They should fire coach Triplett for not putting the two best centerfielders in the same place at the same time. Surely one of them could have caught it. As for your new starting shortstop check the errors he had on attempts. You want to talk about errors look at the game at Sweetwater when you said Tyler cost Polk the game. With two outs in the bottom of the 7th who made the error that opened the door. Who all made errors in the tournament. Who hit the ball in the district tourney.

• Replies 260
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(badgirl @ May 10 2007 - 02:32 PM) 826456628[/snapback]I can't beleive Tripplett took a program that was so good and just killed it. Polk is suppose to go to the state every year. Didnt you go to the final four when you were coaching oldscout. And let me make sure you know that I dont know much baseball but I do know about wins, losses, and being competitive and this was one of the most competitive Polk teams I have had the pleasure of watching and I am glad my son had the pleasure of getting a chance to be a part of it.

I'm curious Badgirl, just how good was this program before Coach Tripplet took it over? I believe he has done just fine, for what he has had to work with. My Hats off to all the players and coaches for a great year.

QUOTE(badgirl @ May 10 2007 - 09:10 PM) 826456920[/snapback]Lets see where to start. You are right Tanner Davis is a great center fielder, as a matter of fact he is the second best in the district behind Brandon Bean who never gets to play center either. They should fire coach Triplett for not putting the two best centerfielders in the same place at the same time. Surely one of them could have caught it. As for your new starting shortstop check the errors he had on attempts. You want to talk about errors look at the game at Sweetwater when you said Tyler cost Polk the game. With two outs in the bottom of the 7th who made the error that opened the door. Who all made errors in the tournament. Who hit the ball in the district tourney.

If you are a Polk fan and parent as I am YOU should not throw stones at OUR teams players.This is the only post I could find in this thread that was specifically derogatory towards any one player as yours was to the NEW shortstop. Remember it better to be silent and thought a fool than to speak and remove all doubt /mad.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":angry:" border="0" alt="mad.gif" />

QUOTE(badgirl @ May 10 2007 - 10:10 PM) 826456920[/snapback]Lets see where to start. You are right Tanner Davis is a great center fielder, as a matter of fact he is the second best in the district behind Brandon Bean who never gets to play center either. They should fire coach Triplett for not putting the two best centerfielders in the same place at the same time. Surely one of them could have caught it. As for your new starting shortstop check the errors he had on attempts. You want to talk about errors look at the game at Sweetwater when you said Tyler cost Polk the game. With two outs in the bottom of the 7th who made the error that opened the door. Who all made errors in the tournament. Who hit the ball in the district tourney.

My nephew is a great kid and in my unbiased opinion is the best infielder Polk has other than Beard at 1st. I have played and coached at the college and high school level what experience do you have?

I asked my nephew ( the new starting ss) about them and they have never seen any fielding stats. Lets check errors vs attempts! I would like to see them if you have a copy you can e-mail them to me but like OldScout said those records are not kept. I know MY nephew has never seen them in fact one week he went from 12 stolen bases to 10. The next week he stole 4 bases but when the averages and stats came out he went back up to only 12 go figure. I can give you alot more of this type B.S.! Those stats are padded period!! As for you saying something about my nephew, who is your son maybe we could check his stats (errors vs attempts) what's his name or what position does he play? I'll make it easy on you you can send his name to me in a private message so no one will see it. Come on lets hear it BADGIRL I am waiting!! /unsure.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":unsure:" border="0" alt="unsure.gif" />

QUOTE(IBPoppin @ May 11 2007 - 02:35 AM) 826457055[/snapback]I'm curious Badgirl, just how good was this program before Coach Tripplet took it over? I believe he has done just fine, for what he has had to work with. My Hats off to all the players and coaches for a great year.

She or he was being facetious toward my earlier posts just disregard her ignorant comment. /wink.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=";)" border="0" alt="wink.gif" />

QUOTE(6+4+3=2 @ May 11 2007 - 06:54 AM) 826457123[/snapback]My nephew is a great kid and in my unbiased opinion is the best infielder Polk has other than Beard at 1st. I have played and coached at the college and high school level what experience do you have?

I asked my nephew ( the new starting ss) about them and they have never seen any fielding stats. Lets check errors vs attempts! I would like to see them if you have a copy you can e-mail them to me but like OldScout said those records are not kept. I know MY nephew has never seen them in fact one week he went from 12 stolen bases to 10. The next week he stole 4 bases but when the averages and stats came out he went back up to only 12 go figure. I can give you alot more of this type B.S.! Those stats are padded period!! As for you saying something about my nephew, who is your son maybe we could check his stats (errors vs attempts) what's his name or what position does he play? I'll make it easy on you you can send his name to me in a private message so no one will see it. Come on lets hear it BADGIRL I am waiting!! /unsure.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":unsure:" border="0" alt="unsure.gif" />

Gotta love the comic relief. Now that Polk has been eliminated and can't bash their upcoming opponent they've decided to bash on each other. LUV IT !!!

QUOTE(badgirl @ May 10 2007 - 10:10 PM) 826456920[/snapback]Lets see where to start. You are right Tanner Davis is a great center fielder, as a matter of fact he is the second best in the district behind Brandon Bean who never gets to play center either. They should fire coach Triplett for not putting the two best centerfielders in the same place at the same time. Surely one of them could have caught it. As for your new starting shortstop check the errors he had on attempts. You want to talk about errors look at the game at Sweetwater when you said Tyler cost Polk the game. With two outs in the bottom of the 7th who made the error that opened the door. Who all made errors in the tournament. Who hit the ball in the district tourney.

I would like to see those stats as well. 6+4+3=2, if you get them please posts them I am sure alot of people would like to see them. I am not bashing any players when I positioned them in my earlier post. I honestly feel they would have been better at these positions. Let me say this Matt Allen is the best player you could ask for when it comes to crunch time in the field. Place him on third, short, second, and catch and he does them all well. As I have said in other posts he should be the defensive MVP for this team. Mom please name me another player on this team that can play all four of these positions as good as him? BTW you show alot of class bashing a kid like him, in fact you should hope your son turns out just like him instead of you. I know if I had a child I would want them to look at him as role model and have his attitude and personality. For someone who don't know anything about baseball your learning fast "check the errors he had on attempts" for a mom to know errors vs attempts sounds like we have an drag queen. /ohmy.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":o" border="0" alt="ohmy.gif" /> I don't think your being honest on your gender. Maybe your almost a girl!! LOL! /tongue.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":P" border="0" alt="tongue.gif" />

QUOTE(Mustang Fever @ May 11 2007 - 08:03 AM) 826457131[/snapback]Gotta love the comic relief. Now that Polk has been eliminated and can't bash their upcoming opponent they've decided to bash on each other. LUV IT !!!

If your not from Polk start your own thread and get off ours! LOL! /tongue.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":P" border="0" alt="tongue.gif" />

Congrats to Meigs and Central good luck Saturday!

badgirl,

When Central beat us at home the question came up in the dugout about moving "the new SS" to short and "the other SS" to the outfield by the assistant coach and the statistician who BTW knows a thing or two about baseball but the reply from the coach was "what will that do to his confidence" this is a fact!! So you have a coach that is more worried about one players confidence than his whole team. Makes you wonder what motives the coach has. I have a good idea if you want to hear it! Here is something funny the other night I can count 4 errors right off the top of my head in the Central game and there could have been one or two more. How many do you have in your notes? Three were pickoff attempts and the other was a dropped ball in left but in the paper yesterday Polk was only charged with two. How about this when Polk beat Central the ball that was hit with bases loaded in right field was counted as a triple and the batter was credited with three RBI's. The right fielder drifted to the right on the fly and the ball hit his glove and he dropped the ball. Central charged it an error which is the right call but we gave him a hit. The coach started a kid that has only been a reliever the whole season and done a great job doing just that but here is the problem. Tracy Beard who was his #2 pitcher all year had only pitched one inning against Central in the first game of the tourney on Monday has an ERA of 1.76 in 43 innings pitched. So you have your no. 2 pitcher throw only one inning in the district tourney and his ERA is 1.76. badgirl, you wonder why people criticize the coach and question the stats. My question is why isn't anyone else questioning this besides OldScout? /unsure.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":unsure:" border="0" alt="unsure.gif" />

badgirl,

Wow! I am glad you have made 6+4+3=2 mad! /mad.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":angry:" border="0" alt="mad.gif" /> Lets hear some more because all this does is confirm my previous post! /smile.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":)" border="0" alt="smile.gif" />