POLK COUNTY vs. McMINN CENTRAL

CRUTCHFIELD

QUOTE(TheOldScout @ May 11 2007 - 10:14 AM) 826457280[/snapback]badgirl,

Wow! I am glad you have made 6+4+3=2 mad! /mad.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":angry:" border="0" alt="mad.gif" /> Lets hear some more because all this does is confirm my previous post! /smile.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":)" border="0" alt="smile.gif" />

Been on a siesta for a few days. Changing the subject, Old Scout give me your opinion about this. Tyler Roberts did not get district mvp but could win the Chattanooga area player of the year. He leads in wins, winning percentage, and is one of the top hitters.

• Replies 260
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(mexican @ May 11 2007 - 01:49 PM) 826457354[/snapback]Been on a siesta for a few days. Changing the subject, Old Scout give me your opinion about this. Tyler Roberts did not get district mvp but could win the Chattanooga area player of the year. He leads in wins, winning percentage, and is one of the top hitters.

I have admitted openly that I think he is not a D1 prospect and still don't but I give him credit as being a good player. Tyler has done a great job pitching and everytime I have seen him pitch he has battled opposing hitters. Tyler has a high average but remember 14 games are against very mediocre pitching. I really think that being in such a weak district will hurt his chances of actually winning it but I don't know who else is in the running. I hope he does, it will look good for our district and besides he really is a good kid and student.

BTW missed talking with you! Congrats on going to the region. Can't make it monday so good luck!

QUOTE(TheOldScout @ May 11 2007 - 01:09 PM) 826457373[/snapback]I have admitted openly that I think he is not a D1 prospect and still don't but I give him credit as being a good player. Tyler has done a great job pitching and everytime I have seen him pitch he has battled opposing hitters. Tyler has a high average but remember 14 games are against very mediocre pitching. I really think that being in such a weak district will hurt his chances of actually winning it but I don't know who else is in the running. I hope he does, it will look good for our district and besides he really is a good kid and student.

BTW missed talking with you! Congrats on going to the region. Can't make it Saturday so good luck!

I agree I hope he does win. Great kid. See ya.

QUOTE("Ole Ball Coach @ May 10 2007 - 09:17 PM) 826456782[/snapback]I was at the game last nite and saw the play at the plate up close. Ump choked, but with the game being played at

Central, maybe he didn't choke!! You get my drift? How a home plate has to go ask for help from base ump when the play is at his feet blows my mind. Ejection is the only call that should be made and he didn't have the guts to make it. So much for that, Old Scout, I really don't understand which players you would like to be moved around. I'll wait on a response and go from there.

I was at the game also. The throw was up the third base line away from home plate. The catcher left the plate area to field the thrown ball. If a throw takes the fielder into the base runner's path, the umpire may rule the contact unavoidable. The player from Central attempted to avoid the contact. Coleman did not lower his hands in a blocking motion. I will agree the umpire crew did not help its case with the delay in the final decision. But before you say the umpire choked, how many errors did Polk make in previous inning when Central blew the game open. The umpire did not decide the game, the players did.

QUOTE("Ole Ball Coach @ May 10 2007 - 09:17 PM) 826456782[/snapback]I was at the game last nite and saw the play at the plate up close. Ump choked, but with the game being played at

Central, maybe he didn't choke!! You get my drift? How a home plate has to go ask for help from base ump when the play is at his feet blows my mind. Ejection is the only call that should be made and he didn't have the guts to make it. So much for that, Old Scout, I really don't understand which players you would like to be moved around. I'll wait on a response and go from there.

I was at the game also. The throw was up the third base line away from home plate. The catcher left the plate area to field the thrown ball. If a throw takes the fielder into the base runner's path, the umpire may rule the contact unavoidable. The player from Central attempted to avoid the contact. Coleman did not lower his hands in a blocking motion. I will agree the umpire crew did not help its case with the delay in the final decision. But before you say the umpire choked, how many errors did Polk make in previous inning when Central blew the game open. The umpire did not decide the game, the players did.

QUOTE(TheOldScout @ May 10 2007 - 07:43 PM) 826456801[/snapback]In the batting order for this season;

Rose-Left field

Qualls-Catcher

Davis-Center

Hammonds- Pinch hitter/DH and in right when others are pitching

Beard-1st

Allen-SS

Davis- 1st when Beard is pitching and 3rd.

Jackson-2nd

Bean-Center

This could change of course depending on who was pitching. So lets hear your critique of the positions or do you dare.

Yes, I do dare. First of all, you've got 2 center fielders, sorry but davis and bean both can't play there. Allen SS, maybe if he could stay on his feet, Jackson 2nd, that would definetly be a weak spot. But I will agree on one thing Bean is the best CF in the district without a doubt.But as you've said in early post, Polk has 2 or 3 weak spots and I agree!! And for Davis at SS, problaby not his position,but maybe the best Polk had to put there. Great year CATS!! I support you through thick and thin, no matter what!!!!!

QUOTE(Old Warhorse @ May 11 2007 - 08:31 PM) 826457634[/snapback]I was at the game also. The throw was up the third base line away from home plate. The catcher left the plate area to field the thrown ball. If a throw takes the fielder into the base runner's path, the umpire may rule the contact unavoidable. The player from Central attempted to avoid the contact. Coleman did not lower his hands in a blocking motion. I will agree the umpire crew did not help its case with the delay in the final decision. But before you say the umpire choked, how many errors did Polk make in previous inning when Central blew the game open. The umpire did not decide the game, the players did.

3 feet up the line. Come on, runner should of been threw out, malicious contact. READ THE BOOK!!! Not a fan of Polk or Central, just an ole ball coach that may know a thing or two about baseball. I'll admit that I can get arguments on that one. The Central player did not attempt to avoid contact. Errors before this play has nothing to do with it. As I've said READ THE BOOK!!! The catcher could have been seriously hurt, broken bone ,concusion, or many other things. He was defenseless, reaching for ball while runner is coming home wide open!! As I said before the UMPIRE CHOKED, and he is also GUTLESS!!!

QUOTE(Old Warhorse @ May 11 2007 - 10:31 PM) 826457634[/snapback]I was at the game also. The throw was up the third base line away from home plate. The catcher left the plate area to field the thrown ball. If a throw takes the fielder into the base runner's path, the umpire may rule the contact unavoidable. The player from Central attempted to avoid the contact. Coleman did not lower his hands in a blocking motion. I will agree the umpire crew did not help its case with the delay in the final decision. But before you say the umpire choked, how many errors did Polk make in previous inning when Central blew the game open. The umpire did not decide the game, the players did.

Look at the front page of the Daily Post Athenian! He was 2-3 feet in the dirt from the grass. Your coach even said he should of been ejected! BTW you don't have to repeat yourself. /wink.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=";)" border="0" alt="wink.gif" />

QUOTE("Ole Ball Coach @ May 11 2007 - 10:46 PM) 826457644[/snapback]Yes, I do dare. First of all, you've got 2 center fielders, sorry but davis and bean both can't play there. Allen SS, maybe if he could stay on his feet, Jackson 2nd, that would definetly be a weak spot. But I will agree on one thing Bean is the best CF in the district without a doubt.But as you've said in early post, Polk has 2 or 3 weak spots and I agree!! And for Davis at SS, problaby not his position,but maybe the best Polk had to put there. Great year CATS!! I support you through thick and thin, no matter what!!!!!

Good Good. Lets see your a "ole ball coach" you should have seen that I made petty little mistake, I didn't have a right fielder so that would of obviously been Bean or Davis since I put them both at center. You people amaze me, no wonder Polk takes so much abuse from neighboring counties. Now for the good stuff.

As for Allen are you saying he is not your best infielder? What do you mean staying on his feet? BTW how much did Polk work on defense? From what I was told by a parent practically never except when a couple of the dads and the assistant coach practiced them before the Central series on a sunday because the coach was gone all weekend turkey hunting! What a shame players dads having to practice the team and hit them ground balls before such a big series and guess what a ground ball changed the course of the first game.

Who is the most fundamentally sound infielder you have if you know "a thing or two" about the game?

Jackson at 2nd you said Allen couldn't stay on his feet so you must think it was a weak spot anyways? Jackson made some errors this year in left field that were routine but he is young. I am sure he could have done as good of a job as Bean when Allen went to 3rd or catcher. How can you admit that Bean is the best centerfielder in the district and yet still say the coach put the players where they would have helped the team the most. Rose, Davis, and Bean in the outfield imagine that. Like I said Coach Triplett dropped the ball by not moving players and if you disagree you must be one of his yes men and your kid plays. In an Earlier post 6+4+3=2 had a good little story about a conversation between coaches sounds like more people could see the obvious than an OldScout! As a matter of fact now that we know who he is why don't you ask him about fundamentals he has seen more baseball than anyone you have around but I'm sure you don't want his opinion what would that do to some parents dreams of their kids stardom or the coaches inflated ego. LOL! This is in no way intended towards any players I have said they are great kids and players but think how good they could have been in the right position but this is just my opinion and what do I know! My point has been made I have nothing else to say about this year.

Ok lets forget this year give me positions for next year there ole ball coach! Can't wait to hear this.

QUOTE(TheOldScout @ May 12 2007 - 07:52 AM) 826457885[/snapback]Good Good. Lets see your a "ole ball coach" you should have seen that I made petty little mistake, I didn't have a right fielder so that would of obviously been Bean or Davis since I put them both at center. You people amaze me, no wonder Polk takes so much abuse from neighboring counties. Now for the good stuff.

As for Allen are you saying he is not your best infielder? What do you mean staying on his feet? BTW how much did Polk work on defense? From what I was told by a parent practically never except when a couple of the dads and the assistant coach practiced them before the Central series on a sunday because the coach was gone all weekend turkey hunting! What a shame players dads having to practice the team and hit them ground balls before such a big series and guess what a ground ball changed the course of the first game.

Who is the most fundamentally sound infielder you have if you know "a thing or two" about the game?

Jackson at 2nd you said Allen couldn't stay on his feet so you must think it was a weak spot anyways? Jackson made some errors this year in left field that were routine but he is young. I am sure he could have done as good of a job as Bean when Allen went to 3rd or catcher. How can you admit that Bean is the best centerfielder in the district and yet still say the coach put the players where they would have helped the team the most. Rose, Davis, and Bean in the outfield imagine that. Like I said Coach Triplett dropped the ball by not moving players and if you disagree you must be one of his yes men and your kid plays. In an Earlier post 6+4+3=2 had a good little story about a conversation between coaches sounds like more people could see the obvious than an OldScout! As a matter of fact now that we know who he is why don't you ask him about fundamentals he has seen more baseball than anyone you have around but I'm sure you don't want his opinion what would that do to some parents dreams of their kids stardom or the coaches inflated ego. LOL! This is in no way intended towards any players I have said they are great kids and players but think how good they could have been in the right position but this is just my opinion and what do I know! My point has been made I have nothing else to say about this year.

Ok lets forget this year give me positions for next year there ole ball coach! Can't wait to hear this.

Sorry but I did catch you with 2 centerfielders, just for fun though.LOL! I didn't say Allen was or wasn't Polk's best infielder. I think the kid is the best 2nd baseman in the area, bar none!! Shortstop, is different though, longer throws, quicker feet, sometimes I think he gets to spread out. By the way, I'm not in any certain terms bashing this kid, love to watch him play and compete. I think if Polk had more players competing like Allen and Qualls they would be well on there way. Only wish both we're bigger then they would get more recognition. I wish I knew who were talking about in 6+4+3=2, I would for sure ask him!! I would love to have his opinion, whether parents dreams are dashed or not. As for next year, help me. I think Polk will be ok pitching. Phillips, Bean, Qualls, Hammons, Jackson. Not sure if any freshman can help, maybe you'll let me know. I hear the other Allen kid can play 3rd, that would be great. As for the other positions I have no glue. But, heres a shot, in no batting order, jackson lf, bean cf, hammons rf, j. allen 3b, phillips, m. allen ss, qualls ss, raper 2nd or lee, 1st base, I haven't a clue again maybe you can help. catcher, qualls, j. allen, m. allen, t. lee, anyone else, of course this all depends on who's pitching.

QUOTE("Ole Ball Coach @ May 12 2007 - 10:05 PM) 826458205[/snapback]Sorry but I did catch you with 2 centerfielders, just for fun though.LOL! I didn't say Allen was or wasn't Polk's best infielder. I think the kid is the best 2nd baseman in the area, bar none!! Shortstop, is different though, longer throws, quicker feet, sometimes I think he gets to spread out. By the way, I'm not in any certain terms bashing this kid, love to watch him play and compete. I think if Polk had more players competing like Allen and Qualls they would be well on there way. Only wish both we're bigger then they would get more recognition. I wish I knew who were talking about in 6+4+3=2, I would for sure ask him!! I would love to have his opinion, whether parents dreams are dashed or not. As for next year, help me. I think Polk will be ok pitching. Phillips, Bean, Qualls, Hammons, Jackson. Not sure if any freshman can help, maybe you'll let me know. I hear the other Allen kid can play 3rd, that would be great. As for the other positions I have no glue. But, heres a shot, in no batting order, jackson lf, bean cf, hammons rf, j. allen 3b, phillips, m. allen ss, qualls ss, raper 2nd or lee, 1st base, I haven't a clue again maybe you can help. catcher, qualls, j. allen, m. allen, t. lee, anyone else, of course this all depends on who's pitching.

I was told he played there some as a sophmore toward the end of the year and done a great job, don't know just what I heard. Pitching will probably be OK but you are going to miss Beard and Davis big time. Why put Qualls at SS he does a great job catching. There is no way I would take my senior catcher and move him and replace him with a freshman and I would not put Allen back there unless Qualls was pitching because he will be your best infielder. A catcher is one of the most important positions on the field. Please tell my why anyone in their right mind would do such a thing. I think your right about Allen and Qualls playing hard I like the way they get after it. As for 6+4+3=2 thats Allens uncle didn't you read the earlier posts. As for the "what parents think " I just threw that in there saying that he could tell you what kids had the potential to play at the next level since he has played and coached at both levels. Next year will be interesting hopefully the coach will play people where they will help the team the most and not listen to some of the parents.

QUOTE(TheOldScout @ May 13 2007 - 06:57 AM) 826458346[/snapback]I was told he played there some as a sophmore toward the end of the year and done a great job, don't know just what I heard. Pitching will probably be OK but you are going to miss Beard and Davis big time. Why put Qualls at SS he does a great job catching. There is no way I would take my senior catcher and move him and replace him with a freshman and I would not put Allen back there unless Qualls was pitching because he will be your best infielder. A catcher is one of the most important positions on the field. Please tell my why anyone in their right mind would do such a thing. I think your right about Allen and Qualls playing hard I like the way they get after it. As for 6+4+3=2 thats Allens uncle didn't you read the earlier posts. As for the "what parents think " I just threw that in there saying that he could tell you what kids had the potential to play at the next level since he has played and coached at both levels. Next year will be interesting hopefully the coach will play people where they will help the team the most and not listen to some of the parents.

The only reason I would put qualls @ ss is to solidify the infield. Have heard he has great hands. Can you imagine him @ ss and allen @ 2nd, now that closes a lot of holes. I also agree why move a senior catcher that does as good as he does. But, would Polk be better off with a better infielder, or a new catcher? I'm an "ole ball coach" so I'm not afraid to move people around if it makes our team better. In my other post I forgot about Browder, can he help Polk at any position. I'm only asking cause I really don't know the answer. I hear he can also pitch and play the outfield. As for earlier post, sorry I didn't read all of them, didn't figure out who 6+4+3=2 was. Nor did I care, he has a great baseball mind and I'm sure a great opinion of the game.I'm still wondering who the parents are that you're talking about. I know you won't tell me here, just give me a hint!!