Which sport got banged the most?

davidlimbaugh

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I have probably said this over one thousand times but this is nothing more than a "COMMUNIST" rule. It's intent is to pull those teams that work the hardest back down to everyones level. It rewards the lazy coach and players that want to go fishing, bird hunting, watch TV, play video games, etc... If that's what you want to do and the school board allows you to get away with it that is great but don't punish those that are willing to work. Was the United States not considered the place of opportunity for those willing to make huge sacrafices and work the hardest?

QUOTE(cbg @ Apr 22 2007 - 02:37 PM) 826442882[/snapback]I have probably said this over one thousand times but this is nothing more than a "COMMUNIST" rule. It's intent is to pull those teams that work the hardest back down to everyones level. It rewards the lazy coach and players that want to go fishing, bird hunting, watch TV, play video games, etc... If that's what you want to do and the school board allows you to get away with it that is great but don't punish those that are willing to work. Was the United States not considered the place of opportunity for those willing to make huge sacrafices and work the hardest?

DITTO!!!

QUOTE(cbg @ Apr 22 2007 - 02:37 PM) 826442882[/snapback]It rewards the lazy coach and players that want to go fishing, bird hunting, watch TV, play video games, etc.

It rewards the families who want their kids to experience something besides drag bunts and sacrifice flies 12 months a year and forces fathers to be fathers instead of turning their klids over to coaches to raise for them. Fishing and bird hunting sounds like a fine start to me.

QUOTE(larry @ Apr 22 2007 - 05:47 PM) 826442946[/snapback]It rewards the families who want their kids to experience something besides drag bunts and sacrifice flies 12 months a year and forces fathers to be fathers instead of turning their klids over to coaches to raise for them. Fishing and bird hunting sounds like a fine start to me.

If you have to be forced to be a father then you shouldnt have kids in the 1st place

QUOTE(icecold06 @ Apr 22 2007 - 05:53 PM) 826442950[/snapback]If you have to be forced to be a father then you shouldnt have kids in the 1st place

Spoken like someone who is not a father. /rolleyes.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":rolleyes:" border="0" alt="rolleyes.gif" />

I don't agree with cbg downing the other extra-curricular activities that kids might enjoy. We can get in a morning of deer hunting or fishing and a bullpen and some bp in the same day. It's called time management. Don't knock it because you don't practice it. Kid's aren't working on baseball 10 hours a day. They could be hunting, fishing, playing video games, typing on message boards and still get their school work in and their baseball practice. Keep 'em busy.

I thought this policy was supposed to put some kinks in AAU's basketball chain. If not, why is the TSSAA picking on baseball? Weight rooms and basketball courts aren't as much a liability? What's the incentive to play high school baseball versus travel ball just starting in March?

The future Zach Millers and Kyle Waldrops and Wayne Kendricks will continue to work year-round.

(And Zach somehow found the time to play football in high school!)

The problem?

The ones with parents able to afford pitching lessons and hitting lessons will have that much more of an advantage over the kids who's parents can't.

And Tennessee High School players (especially pitchers!) will be at a disadvantage to other kids.... Some great baseball players have come out of Tennessee the past several years - why try to fix something that wasn't broke to start with?

QUOTE(davidlimbaugh @ Apr 22 2007 - 06:47 PM) 826442974[/snapback]The future Zach Millers and Kyle Waldrops and Wayne Kendricks will continue to work year-round.

(And Zach somehow found the time to play football in high school!)

The problem?

The ones with parents able to afford pitching lessons and hitting lessons will have that much more of an advantage over the kids who's parents can't.

And Tennessee High School players (especially pitchers!) will be at a disadvantage to other kids.... Some great baseball players have come out of Tennessee the past several years - why try to fix something that wasn't broke to start with?

David- isn't 8 months a year enough? You have 10 weeks January - March to get ready for the season and then play until August. I loved baseball, turned down a contract with the Pirates when I was 15 because in those days it made you a pro in all sports, but I don't think I could have played the game 12 months a year with any intensity.

QUOTE(cbg @ Apr 22 2007 - 02:37 PM) 826442882[/snapback]I have probably said this over one thousand times but this is nothing more than a "COMMUNIST" rule. It's intent is to pull those teams that work the hardest back down to everyones level. It rewards the lazy coach and players that want to go fishing, bird hunting, watch TV, play video games, etc... If that's what you want to do and the school board allows you to get away with it that is great but don't punish those that are willing to work. Was the United States not considered the place of opportunity for those willing to make huge sacrafices and work the hardest?

Have you asked your school's TSSAA representative why he voted the way he did? I think that on the BOC that would be Bryan True, the principal at Summertown High School and on the Legislative Council it is Mike Tatum, Lewis County High School principal.