Riverdale vs. Mt.Juliet

uncfan09

QUOTE(swingaway @ Apr 26 2007 - 12:52 PM) 826445980[/snapback]Oh, dont pick on my friend, Mr. Fat. I mean, he might quit coming on here with his wonderfully positive comments about Riverdale. He is one of those wonderful Chattanooga-Ooltawah people that make my life so enjoyable. ( Besides, he is doing the best he can with the spelling and writing stuff and we dont want to hurt his feelings)

My friend Ms. Swing, I would never stop coming on hear to take a poke at you. Us foks down hear on da farm lik ta hur ya scream.

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(swingaway @ Apr 25 2007 - 06:46 PM) 826445370[/snapback]Well, I looked and they are not having to make up a district game. I really don't know what to think. If she didn't tell the Riverdale coach why, well I can only say that they just do not feel it is to their advantage to play Riverdale right now. I think if you book a game at the beginning of the season, you should play it, and not cancel out so late the game cannot be replaced, unless something catastrophic happens that prevents you from playing. I don't know why if Saturday wont work, another day couldn't be chosen. At this late date, Riverdale cannot replace the game. They cannot enter a tournament at this late date and even if they could, they would have to cancel Beech to do it as it would put them one over the limit. Not an option. Quite honestly, in my opinion, it really isn't good sportsmanship. I truly do hope there is an excellent excuse.

Good night, I sure hope "one" game will not ruin Riverdale's season! How many have they played this year? More than most teams..........hopefully one less will not keep them from going to state.........................................................we will see /smile.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":)" border="0" alt="smile.gif" />

QUOTE(ERA @ Apr 26 2007 - 08:49 AM) 826445819[/snapback]Scared! /cool.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid="B)" border="0" alt="cool.gif" />

I appreciate softballscout defending our girls. We were disappointed when told the

game was cancelled. Our coach made the decision in an attempt to do what is best for her team.

Myself and others can disagree with her but at least respect whatever decisions are made.

Anyway, I just spoke with my daughter and was told the game is going to be played at 6:00 pm

Saturday. All of us that were looking forward to a great matchup can now look forward to Saturday.

I invite everyone who enjoys softball to attend. It should be an exciting evening at the ballpark.

My best to all the girls as the season comes down the stretch. This is a great time of the year.

Also, I saw question regarding Homeruns. Caroline Mason has 13 in regular season. Also had 3

at Beech play day. Has had a great year.(No, she's not my daughter)

Sincerely,

mj dad

QUOTE(mj dad @ Apr 26 2007 - 05:16 PM) 826446161[/snapback]I appreciate softballscout defending our girls. We were disappointed when told the

game was cancelled. Our coach made the decision in an attempt to do what is best for her team.

Myself and others can disagree with her but at least respect whatever decisions are made.

Anyway, I just spoke with my daughter and was told the game is going to be played at 6:00 pm

Saturday. All of us that were looking forward to a great matchup can now look forward to Saturday.

I invite everyone who enjoys softball to attend. It should be an exciting evening at the ballpark.

My best to all the girls as the season comes down the stretch. This is a great time of the year.

Also, I saw question regarding Homeruns. Caroline Mason has 13 in regular season. Also had 3

Sincerely,

mj dad

I heard she JACKED 2 last night night and that Kenzie had I think 17 Ks but I could be wrong.

Ussuns from Weelson Koutny downt allwaeez git things rite

QUOTE(mj dad @ Apr 26 2007 - 05:16 PM) 826446161[/snapback]I appreciate softballscout defending our girls. We were disappointed when told the

Sincerely,

mj dad

So the game is back on?? /dry.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=" or are you talking about another game @ 6:00 saturday? /unsure.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":unsure:" border="0" alt="unsure.gif" />

QUOTE(unc4life @ Apr 26 2007 - 09:44 PM) 826446425[/snapback]So the game is back on?? /dry.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=" or are you talking about another game @ 6:00 saturday? /unsure.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":unsure:" border="0" alt="unsure.gif" />

Must be back on, MJ today cancelled their game Monday with Ryan.

Another valid reason for cancelling a baseball or softball game is 'over-booking'.

Some teams (and I in no way am saying Mt Juliet did this) schedule more games than they can by rule play because

there is a good chance a few of them will be rained out and not made up. Usually there is a 'gentleman's agreement'

between the coaches of games scheduled late in the year that if one or the other has to cancel due to 'overbooking'

they will play each other the next year at their place to 'make it up to them'.

Just one more reason a schedule game may be cancelled....

QUOTE(mj dad @ Apr 26 2007 - 05:16 PM) 826446161[/snapback]I appreciate softballscout defending our girls.

I hope you don't think all the comments in this section are from Riverdale parents. They are not. The Riverdale parents never questioned if the Mt. Juliet parents or players wanted to play, just why the coach canceled at the last minute with no reason. We did not understand as it didn't make any sense. Both teams need hard games to get ready for district, regionals and state. Win or lose for either of us, it was a good game. Mistakes are meant to be made before the main games , and you need tough teams and tough games to prepare. Riverdale can play Goodpasture just so many times. Riverdale could have chosen someone else to play but did not have time to reschedule. One parent just said he was going to miss a good game. Softball scout didn't defend anyone, you and your girls didn't need defending, he questioned the same thing. Don't pay attention to some of the people on this board. They enter into all discussions with the sole purpose of stirring up trouble.

Sincerely,

mj dad

great i am going to try to make it, i know the kelsea and bill will be there. Cant wait to see caroline in action this summer

QUOTE(my2cents @ Apr 26 2007 - 10:02 PM) 826446447[/snapback]Must be back on, MJ today cancelled their game Monday with Ryan.

The District game between MJ and Smyrna was rained out on Thursday.

MJ has a regularly scheduled District game on Tuesday vs Wilson Central.

The game with Father Ryan on Monday had to be cancelled, so the District game

with Smyrna could be played on Monday.