AAA State Champions - 2007

Dirty Chuck

QUOTE(7inningparadise @ May 3 2007 - 12:47 PM) 826450855[/snapback]South Doyle should worry about getting out of there on district first, they seem to have enought problem with that.

true see quote about East Tennessee state champs last several years. Guess who is in their district if you didn't already know? And if they get by 4AAA they have 3AAA and if they win there they could see Kingsport DB, Mo West, Science Hill, Etc. Maybe this is why State Champs last few years are State Champs. They have to be good, deep, and lucky to make it to the boro. Good luck to all except when you play the Kees.

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(scorecard10 @ Apr 30 2007 - 06:27 AM) 826448177[/snapback]State poll rankings are not only based on this years standings alone but wins / loses over the last several years. You have to look at past records as well as current ones. How many games they have won overall not just for the current year. How many times a team has ranked nationally or on the state level. All this plays into your rankings.

then why is farragut not ranked number one if that is the case, nobody has won more than them in the past 5 years

QUOTE(ihavenofriendzz @ Apr 30 2007 - 04:22 PM) 826448501[/snapback]Sounds like someone is alittle too confident. I bet there is a surprise again, just like last year. There was probably 3 people last year at this point that thought Farragut was going to/could win it. I'm not saying I'm picking Farragut again, but I just think it will be someone other than Bartlett or Oakland.

Very true, it can be anybody. For example, in southeast Tennessee, many people were saying that Ooltewah, Walker Valley, or RedBank were going to be the teams to beat. When in reality all the teams in this region have beaten and/or have been beaten by each other. State can be the same. It can be a toss up, anybody could come out on top.

QUOTE(7inningparadise @ May 4 2007 - 08:13 AM) 826451461[/snapback]then why is farragut not ranked number one if that is the case, nobody has won more than them in the past 5 years

Have they been named to have the winningest program in the state? I don't think so! Take a look at the schools that have had very few loses over the last few years. This is what get you the rankings.

Look at the top contender records in the East against each other this season. Throw out all the other games and just look at how they did against each other to get a better picture of what they are capable of this year:

South Doyle over Farragut 4-2

South Doyle over Farragut 3-2

DB over South Doyle 14-7

DB over South Doyle 3-2

Science Hill over Farragut 11-1

Science Hill over South Doyle 3-2

DB over Science Hill 8-2

DB over Science Hill 17-4

DB over Science Hill 3-1

Farragut over DB 6-5 (9 innings)

W-L

South Doyle 2-3

Farragut 1-3

Science Hill 2-3

Dobyns-Bennett 5-1

We could always add Oakland (37-1) and Riverdale (21-15) into the mix to see what that does to the W-L records using even more of the top teams in the state who have already faced each other this season:

Science Hill over Riverdale 2-1

Riverdale over Farragut 4-3

South Doyle over Riverdale 12-0

Oakland over Farragut 6-2

Oakland over Farragut 7-1

Oakland over Science Hill 6-5

Oakland over Riverdale 8-2

Oakland over Riverdale 17-0

W-L

South Doyle 3-3

Farragut 1-6

Science Hill 3-4

Dobyns-Bennett 5-1

Riverdale 0-4

Oakland 5-0

Well lets see now.....adding Oakland and Riverdale didn't seem to change a thing... Of course a win is never impressive if it's just a fluke and you got lucky! So what say we throw out all the 1 point games...cause they could have gone either way (fluke wins and losses you know and not the real McCoys) that should change things a little and show who has the power to win with numbers!

W-L

South Doyle 1-1

Farragut 1-3

Science Hill 1-2

Dobyns-Bennett 3-0

Riverdale 0-4

Oakland 4-0

Well, that didn't change a thing either...there has got to be some way we can twist the numbers to make the "real" #1 team look like the #1 team on paper.

Maybe we could try using overall win percentages against each other just to look at it differently (batting averages are all the rage).....

W-L %

South Doyle 1-1 .500

Farragut 1-3 .250

Science Hill 1-2 .333

Dobyns-Bennett 3-0 1000

Riverdale 0-4 0

Oakland 4-0 1000

Well would you look at that, somehow I managed to come up with the same numbers that coacht got by using all the game of this 2007 season.... Oakland #1 in Middle Tennessee and DB #1 in East Tennessee...so I will not be the first who pats the Oakland team on the back for putting together such a wonder year...in the regular season standings they are truly the best team at this point.

Some will say that numbers must lie because everybody and their uncle knows that DB is not the best team in East Tennessee this year... they have no Pedigree and it takes a pedigree to make a good team ain't that right?

But when I took out the "soft" 1 point wins... and came up with the same standings...well, somebody needs to explain how this "soft" districts theory produces teams that can't win against "real" ball clubs when in fact the wins are there in black and white.

I suppose that what is really happening here is that I am having trouble swallowing all the BS about soft district games as opposed to teams that have tough district. When I look at the records and see that Farragut's 9 losses (one being a loss to Bearden (11-10) a .523 ball club) are suppose to be looked at differently then DB's 4 losses against teams like Farragut (27-9) a .750 club, William Blount (22-11) .666 ball club, then you are certainly gonna need to give me extra mustard to swallow that much balogna.

Now that we have all the numbers out of the way guys, lets get out there in the dirt and show some of these jaw flapping, bleacher rats how respectable your paper trail of wins (your 2007 season pedigree) really is! Trying to use past season victories to help you win this year is like playing baseball with your Uncle on first and your Daddy in right field! The 2007 season stand on its own feet and the past champions from your school cannot help you win the current year. You are the ones who have earned the only record that counts for this season, not the boys that graduated last year.

For those who think you've just been lucky this year...remember that luck is what you make for yourself.

A loss is never a total loss unless you failed to learn how to improve from it.

So take your losses and learn from them that even the best teams can be beat if they let their guard down.

Now get out there and finish this season just like you started it. Give everything you have out on that field for the next 3 weeks and leave it out there when the season is over. Don't worry about past mistakes...you have a team of guys behind you that believe in you as much as you believe in them, and they are more then willing to cover your back every time they can!

Rally behind each other guys, and show us just how far this train can run! Run with that throttle wide open and reckless abandonment! We will be there to cheer you on and then to catch you when the ride is over and you fall exhausted from the battle, you can count on that!

When you think about it you will realize that you don't need these back stabbing bleacher rats to acknowledge your record as a team. That record speaks for itself loud and clear no matter how you slice it up. Wins are wins.

Now, "all for one and one for all" as we head into this final stretch of a wonderful season!

QUOTE(scorecard10 @ May 4 2007 - 11:33 AM) 826451588[/snapback]Have they been named to have the winningest program in the state? I don't think so! Take a look at the schools that have had very few loses over the last few years. This is what get you the rankings.

Then who was named to have the winninest program in the state? Also I think he was talking about recently, not ever. But I'd say that Farragut's 36-8, 49-1, 46-2, 34-9, and 30-15 (195-35(.848%)) seasons are pretty darn good. Maybe good enough to be the winningest program in the state in the last 5 years?...maybe?

Also DBmom.. I don't think anyone was saying that Oakland didn't deserve to be #1.

QUOTE(ihavenofriendzz @ May 4 2007 - 08:33 PM) 826452024[/snapback]Then who was named to have the winninest program in the state? Also I think he was talking about recently, not ever. But I'd say that Farragut's 36-8, 49-1, 46-2, 34-9, and 30-15 (195-35(.848%)) seasons are pretty darn good. Maybe good enough to be the winningest program in the state in the last 5 years?...maybe?

Pop Quiz - in that 49-1 year, who was Farragut's only loss to and where????

QUOTE(1moreDBmom @ May 4 2007 - 04:16 PM) 826451908[/snapback]Look at the top contender records in the East against each other this season. Throw out all the other games and just look at how they did against each other to get a better picture of what they are capable of this year:

South Doyle over Farragut 4-2

South Doyle over Farragut 3-2

DB over South Doyle 14-7

DB over South Doyle 3-2

Science Hill over Farragut 11-1

Science Hill over South Doyle 3-2

DB over Science Hill 8-2

DB over Science Hill 17-4

DB over Science Hill 3-1

Farragut over DB 6-5 (9 innings)

W-L

South Doyle 2-3

Farragut 1-3

Science Hill 2-3

Dobyns-Bennett 5-1

We could always add Oakland (37-1) and Riverdale (21-15) into the mix to see what that does to the W-L records using even more of the top teams in the state who have already faced each other this season:

Science Hill over Riverdale 2-1

Riverdale over Farragut 4-3

South Doyle over Riverdale 12-0

Oakland over Farragut 6-2

Oakland over Farragut 7-1

Oakland over Science Hill 6-5

Oakland over Riverdale 8-2

Oakland over Riverdale 17-0

W-L

South Doyle 3-3

Farragut 1-6

Science Hill 3-4

Dobyns-Bennett 5-1

Riverdale 0-4

Oakland 5-0

Well lets see now.....adding Oakland and Riverdale didn't seem to change a thing... Of course a win is never impressive if it's just a fluke and you got lucky! So what say we throw out all the 1 point games...cause they could have gone either way (fluke wins and losses you know and not the real McCoys) that should change things a little and show who has the power to win with numbers!

W-L

South Doyle 1-1

Farragut 1-3

Science Hill 1-2

Dobyns-Bennett 3-0

Riverdale 0-4

Oakland 4-0

Well, that didn't change a thing either...there has got to be some way we can twist the numbers to make the "real" #1 team look like the #1 team on paper.

Maybe we could try using overall win percentages against each other just to look at it differently (batting averages are all the rage).....

W-L %

South Doyle 1-1 .500

Farragut 1-3 .250

Science Hill 1-2 .333

Dobyns-Bennett 3-0 1000

Riverdale 0-4 0

Oakland 4-0 1000

Well would you look at that, somehow I managed to come up with the same numbers that coacht got by using all the game of this 2007 season.... Oakland #1 in Middle Tennessee and DB #1 in East Tennessee...so I will not be the first who pats the Oakland team on the back for putting together such a wonder year...in the regular season standings they are truly the best team at this point.

Some will say that numbers must lie because everybody and their uncle knows that DB is not the best team in East Tennessee this year... they have no Pedigree and it takes a pedigree to make a good team ain't that right?

But when I took out the "soft" 1 point wins... and came up with the same standings...well, somebody needs to explain how this "soft" districts theory produces teams that can't win against "real" ball clubs when in fact the wins are there in black and white.

I suppose that what is really happening here is that I am having trouble swallowing all the BS about soft district games as opposed to teams that have tough district. When I look at the records and see that Farragut's 9 losses (one being a loss to Bearden (11-10) a .523 ball club) are suppose to be looked at differently then DB's 4 losses against teams like Farragut (27-9) a .750 club, William Blount (22-11) .666 ball club, then you are certainly gonna need to give me extra mustard to swallow that much balogna.

Now that we have all the numbers out of the way guys, lets get out there in the dirt and show some of these jaw flapping, bleacher rats how respectable your paper trail of wins (your 2007 season pedigree) really is! Trying to use past season victories to help you win this year is like playing baseball with your Uncle on first and your Daddy in right field! The 2007 season stand on its own feet and the past champions from your school cannot help you win the current year. You are the ones who have earned the only record that counts for this season, not the boys that graduated last year.

For those who think you've just been lucky this year...remember that luck is what you make for yourself.

A loss is never a total loss unless you failed to learn how to improve from it.

So take your losses and learn from them that even the best teams can be beat if they let their guard down.

Now get out there and finish this season just like you started it. Give everything you have out on that field for the next 3 weeks and leave it out there when the season is over. Don't worry about past mistakes...you have a team of guys behind you that believe in you as much as you believe in them, and they are more then willing to cover your back every time they can!

Rally behind each other guys, and show us just how far this train can run! Run with that throttle wide open and reckless abandonment! We will be there to cheer you on and then to catch you when the ride is over and you fall exhausted from the battle, you can count on that!

When you think about it you will realize that you don't need these back stabbing bleacher rats to acknowledge your record as a team. That record speaks for itself loud and clear no matter how you slice it up. Wins are wins.

Now, "all for one and one for all" as we head into this final stretch of a wonderful season!

I must admit this is one of the best posts I have seen on here in quite some time. You really do know what you are talking about. But- I just thought I would let you know that Bearden has won around 20 games this year. I do not know an exact number, but I do know that they are a very solid team, anyone that has lost to Bearden should not be ashamed. They have a very solid rotation.

QUOTE(ihavenofriendzz @ May 4 2007 - 07:33 PM) 826452024[/snapback]Then who was named to have the winninest program in the state? Also I think he was talking about recently, not ever. But I'd say that Farragut's 36-8, 49-1, 46-2, 34-9, and 30-15 (195-35(.848%)) seasons are pretty darn good. Maybe good enough to be the winningest program in the state in the last 5 years?...maybe?

Also DBmom.. I don't think anyone was saying that Oakland didn't deserve to be #1.

You have no clue?????? I surely was not talking about Farragut!!!!! There is one team the has the winningest program in UPPER EAS TENNESSEE. Do you ever read the paper?