8AAA Winner? Lawrence or Lincoln County

franko6

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(tennesseelofton @ May 7 2007 - 09:36 PM) 826454038[/snapback]The answer is no. They have never saw the guy before. Also what is the 2nd blown call?? I only saw one questionable call.

The play I saw was not questionable it was flat out wrong. (I am talking about the call on the run down situation) 2 players can be on the same bag, it is not an out until one is tagged!

look it up! the call was wrong

QUOTE(riverdaleman @ May 7 2007 - 10:22 PM) 826454077[/snapback]what did he do? did he call him out? didnt he have a partner to confer with?

Yes he called the runner at 3rd out and put the other runner on second. he had a partner but I guess he did not know the rules either.

It is a shame such a big game ,with 2 evenly matched teams can be decided by an obvious wrong call

Not a good night for the umps. The guy behind the plate in Coffee Co./Tullahoma took a foul ball on top of the head. Also heard Tullahoma fans saying the umps cost them the game. Final Coffee Co. 9 Tullahoma 1. I hope the guys who called the Coffee Co. game on Friday are back soon. Jason and Jody do a great job.

QUOTE(chs4life @ May 7 2007 - 10:42 PM) 826454092[/snapback]Not a good night for the umps. The guy behind the plate in Coffee Co./Tullahoma took a foul ball on top of the head. Also heard Tullahoma fans saying the umps cost them the game. Final Coffee Co. 9 Tullahoma 1. I hope the guys who called the Coffee Co. game on Friday are back soon. Jason and Jody do a great job.

9-1 i doubt that the umps cost them the game...a bad call doesnt make 8 runs and if you say it does be sure that tullahoma had 0 errors and 0 walks

wonder how he took the foul ball ON TOP of his head?

QUOTE(chs4life @ May 7 2007 - 11:42 PM) 826454092[/snapback]Not a good night for the umps. The guy behind the plate in Coffee Co./Tullahoma took a foul ball on top of the head. Also heard Tullahoma fans saying the umps cost them the game. Final Coffee Co. 9 Tullahoma 1. I hope the guys who called the Coffee Co. game on Friday are back soon. Jason and Jody do a great job.

Thank you.

Men were on 1st and 3rd. Tie game. Grounder back to pitcher. Pitcher throws to 2nd and gets him out. 2nd baseman is standing in the baseline and the runner slides straight into the bag and takes out the 2nd basemen. Man on 2rd scores what ended up to be the winning run. Lincoln Co coaches argued but for no apparent reason as the 2nd baseball was standing right in the middle of the line.

QUOTE(tennesseelofton @ May 7 2007 - 11:36 PM) 826454115[/snapback]Men were on 1st and 3rd. Tie game. Grounder back to pitcher. Pitcher throws to 2nd and gets him out. 2nd baseman is standing in the baseline and the runner slides straight into the bag and takes out the 2nd basemen. Man on 2rd scores what ended up to be the winning run. Lincoln Co coaches argued but for no apparent reason as the 2nd baseball was standing right in the middle of the line.

in front of the bag right? and straight into it?

There was one missed call in the game that went against Lincoln Co, but one missed call isn't gonna cost someone a game. The umpires were man enough to admit they made a mistake and are just as sorry as anyone else,and maybe more so, that it happened. The two umpires are outstanding men with good character. I wish I could say I've never made a mistake in a baseball game. Give Lawrence Co some credit. They came from behind more than once in this game. I have a lot of respect for Coach Tate and Coach Reese who have done a wonderful job with the Lincoln Co High School baseball program. Other than that one missed call, it was a great game. The best thing to do now, is move on. Tomorrow is another day and another game. You better focus on Coffee Co, because they're playing well right now. The Red Raiders are averaging more than 8 runs a game in this tourney. That old saying is true. Don't cry over spilled milk. The coaches voted to use a 2 man crew for the first time in this tournament, instead of a 3 man crew to save a few dollars. The vote was 7-0. Maybe with that third umpire, they would have gotten the call right and maybe not, but I like the odds. Pickoff plays at first and the tail end of a double play, which is almost always a bang bang play, are just two of many reasons why 3 umpires should be used in District Tournament play. In those two situations, you would always have an umpire at first. Are district tournaments not as important as Region games and the State Tournament, where a 3 man crew is mandantory? Just my opinion, but I could be wrong.