DII All-Region Team

MBABIGRED11

• Replies 32
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(nwbb2121 @ May 18 2007 - 12:07 PM) 826461948[/snapback]Issacs is a great pick. I don't see anyway possible to overlook Hostettler, defensively he is the strongest catcher in Tennessee not to mention his leadership qualities from behind the plate.

I don't know who Hostettler is so I can't totally argue you. But having watched Blake Forsythe play behind the plate all year believing Hostettler is that much better than him is hard.

QUOTE(hsbaseballfan03 @ May 18 2007 - 11:12 AM) 826461951[/snapback]I don't know who Hostettler is so I can't totally argue you. But having watched Blake Forsythe play behind the plate all year believing Hostettler is that much better than him is hard.

They are both extremely strong players....

QUOTE(MBABIGRED11 @ May 16 2007 - 08:53 PM) 826460643[/snapback]Hey guys, I was just wondering who yall thought has earned a spot on this year's all-region team for the DII regions(East, Middle, or West) here's my thoughts for the middle...

P-Todd Miller:MBA

P-B.J. Jones:USN

P-Justin Guidry:Ryan

P-Matt Kimball:MBA

P-Bass:BGA

1B- Frank Adelman: MBA

2B-Tee Stumb:MBA

SS-Johnson Coley:BA

3B-Jordan Jones:BA

OF-Mason Graham:BA

OF-Drew Burns:Ryan

OF-Jon Eisen:MBA

C- Stallings: BA

With all due respect, you must be joking? You have 5 players from MBA and they finished 4th. You have 4 players from BA and they finished 3rd. You have 2 from Ryan and they beat BGA twice in the tourney to get the 1 seed and you have 1 from BGA and they won the regular season. MBA was 2-7 this year against BA,BGA and Ryan and you give them more spots than anybody? Please. You also don't have Ryan's best pitcher listed. Drew Brown is Ryan's best pitcher right now and beat Miller and Bass with complete games in the last 2 weeks.

QUOTE(larjoranj @ May 18 2007 - 05:42 PM) 826462139[/snapback]With all due respect, you must be joking? You have 5 players from MBA and they finished 4th. You have 4 players from BA and they finished 3rd. You have 2 from Ryan and they beat BGA twice in the tourney to get the 1 seed and you have 1 from BGA and they won the regular season. MBA was 2-7 this year against BA,BGA and Ryan and you give them more spots than anybody? Please. You also don't have Ryan's best pitcher listed. Drew Brown is Ryan's best pitcher right now and beat Miller and Bass with complete games in the last 2 weeks.

I agree up to the point of who Ryan's best pitcher is... Drew Brown is good but Justin Guidry is the team's #1.

QUOTE(MBABIGRED11 @ May 16 2007 - 08:53 PM) 826460643[/snapback]Hey guys, I was just wondering who yall thought has earned a spot on this year's all-region team for the DII regions(East, Middle, or West) here's my thoughts for the middle...

P-Todd Miller:MBA

P-B.J. Jones:USN

P-Justin Guidry:Ryan

P-Matt Kimball:MBA

P-Bass:BGA

1B- Frank Adelman: MBA

2B-Tee Stumb:MBA

SS-Johnson Coley:BA

3B-Jordan Jones:BA

OF-Mason Graham:BA

OF-Drew Burns:Ryan

OF-Jon Eisen:MBA

-C- Stallings: BA

P-Todd Miller-no- good pitcher, but struggled this year.

P-B.J. Jones-?

P-Justin Guidry-yes-came on strong for FA

P-Kimball-no-better ones in the middle region

P-Issacs over Bass

1st-Adelman-no-Boyd from BA yes (most talented defensive 1st baseman in the state)

2nd Stumb -no- but don't know who I would pick

SS-Coley-yes

3B-toss up

OF-Graham yes

OF-Drew Burns-yes

OF-Golden Tate/before injury- ?after injury

C-Hostettler-yes-Stallings needs to concentrate on pitching (has a pitchers build not catchers)

Other pitchers of note: FA-Brown, BA-Bledsoe & Stallings - BGA-Bass or Smith

QUOTE(a_villa @ May 18 2007 - 09:30 PM) 826462371[/snapback]I agree up to the point of who Ryan's best pitcher is... Drew Brown is good but Justin Guidry is the team's #1.

A difference of opinion. I would have said the same thing at the beginning of the year and Justin is still pitching well, but after losing to BGA in the first region series of the year, Drew has beaten JP, BA, Davidson, MBA, Ensworth and BGA in a row. 5 of those 6 in complete games and has given up 9 total runs in the 6 games.

QUOTE(MBABIGRED11 @ May 16 2007 - 11:09 PM) 826460797[/snapback]In the East, I hear Massey from Baylor and Coleman from McCallie are good... In the West, Martinez and Forsythe from CBHS and Park from MUS... anyone else?

B.J. is a good quality pitcher..i faced him this year and he was better than i expected..also from the east is Massey ofcourse from baylor and another baylor player, Andy Shuford should get a spot..ive played with the kid since we were 4 and he tore the ball up during the second half of the season and was second in the chattanooga area in homeruns for quite a while not to mention a high average..hes also a brick wall behind the plate.

QUOTE(BGABaseball00 @ May 16 2007 - 10:56 PM) 826460868[/snapback]I'm obviously bias but the region winner only having one all-region selection?

Logan Hostettler over Stallings, David Isaacs over Kimball and Taylor Irwin over Jones while Trey Moon has to be in the mix

Agree with Hostettler. Isaacs had a good year and I would have him on the team but Kimball has to be on there as well. His ERA was 1.00 with a 4-0 records and 4 saves. Also agree Irwin would be a likely choice over Jones.