Who has the best team returning for next year?

Hammer Head

Well said - not sure what you mean or what your reasoning is, but well said !

My reasoning is, the non private schools have 2 work hard for 4 or 5 years 2 make a trip 2 the state. When the private schools can get whoever they want 2 play for them, and get there every year. Thats why all private schools need 2 have there own division.

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

My reasoning is, the non private schools have 2 work hard for 4 or 5 years 2 make a trip 2 the state. When the private schools can get whoever they want 2 play for them, and get there every year. Thats why all private schools need 2 have there own division.

How do private schools (that are in A or AA) get whoever they want?

I would have to agree. Private schools should have their own division. Goodpasture, D.C.A, C.P.A, David Lipscomb, Notre Dame, and other schools that require students to pay to attend their school should be required to play in a private classification. It is the only fair way. This has been an argument for years and TSSAA has done very little so I do not look for that to change anytime soon. As far as teams that I look for to repeat trips, I would choose Marion County in 2-A and Lookout Valley 1-A.

IMHO, you are really doing a lot of teams a disservice when you say public can't play or beat privates. What about Dyer Co., Seymour, and Gibbs? All of them gave USJ and Goodpasture games at State. Not to mention Covington who won it the year before. The same goes in Single A, Huntingdon and Lookout Valley made JCS and Friendship go extra games before the Championship. Not to mention McKenzie who won it the year before. It's just so short-sighted to say that publics can't compete when they continue to do so year after year. Maybe there's a difference between these schools, who believe they can win, and others who just believe they can't........

How many public schools charge 7k for a school year to attend. Looks to me you cut your options down greatly. I grant you most people who can afford 7k to attend a school can also pay for pitching and batting lessons. That's the reason some are better than others. THEY ALL WORK AT IT. Not just two or three players on the team.

They all work at it!? Cheaters! Why can't they just sit around and hope they get better, like your team does I assume. I mean if they aren't working at it, what are they doing?

Lexington should be very tough to beat next year, returning 2 stud pitchers in keck and rich and a batting line-up that can smash 1-9, watch out for lexington next year

with returning players like Keck , Rich , Kizer and Beecham , and the addition of transfer Mcpherson , Lexington should have a great all round team. I found out Mcpherson played summer baseball for the Memphis Tigers along with team mate Clayton Gant , USJ`s stud pitcher .

Why would they make a different division for public and private? Because a student pays to go to school he is a better athlete? No. They should not be slit because the kid still has to pick where to go to school. If a athlete would reather go to private then public its his/her choice. The schools that recruit are in there own division.

NCS will be very strong in A. They could poissibly start slow seeing as they are looking to go deep in basketball.

IMHO, you are really doing a lot of teams a disservice when you say public can't play or beat privates. What about Dyer Co., Seymour, and Gibbs? All of them gave USJ and Goodpasture games at State. Not to mention Covington who won it the year before. The same goes in Single A, Huntingdon and Lookout Valley made JCS and Friendship go extra games before the Championship. Not to mention McKenzie who won it the year before. It's just so short-sighted to say that publics can't compete when they continue to do so year after year. Maybe there's a difference between these schools, who believe they can win, and others who just believe they can't........

Public or Private who cares Get ready to play 9 vs 9 ( BASEBALL) !!!!! Oh Yea ! 1A Lookout Valley, Rockwood, Jackson Christian & Friendship Christian 2 Public & 2 Private look good in 2008!!

Public or Private who cares Get ready to play 9 vs 9 ( BASEBALL) !!!!! Oh Yea ! 1A Lookout Valley, Rockwood, Jackson Christian & Friendship Christian 2 Public & 2 Private look good in 2008!!

Amen!! The truth has been spoken. BTW-2A-USJ, Lexington, Goodpasture, and Dyer Co. What do ya know, 2 pubs and 2 privs

Why would they make a different division for public and private? Because a student pays to go to school he is a better athlete? No. They should not be split because the kid still has to pick where to go to school. If a athlete would reather go to private then public its his/her choice. The schools that recruit are in there own division.

NCS will be very strong in A. They could poissibly start slow seeing as they are looking to go deep in basketball.

Not to demean your post at all, but in all liklihood it is more the his / her parents choice due to the $$$$$ ! My opinion on "public vs private" ................ well the jury is still out on that one ! We get badgered about recruiting in public schools when TSSAA has public schools "under a microscope"

So why wouldn't the parents of kids in "public schools" wonder about recruiting in the private schools sanctioned as "non recruiting schools" !

D.C., Lexington,USJ all should be strong again !