Bledsoe County Football?

O. K. lets see if I can respond to several of these posts at once and again not be too negative. As far as caring about other sports, I do. I already mentioned that the current boys basketball coach has never had a winning record, but I will not get into that. I do not have any intention of running for public office at this stage in my life, but I do what I can to make a difference. I get involved with the political process and I vote. I do not get on here and "dog out" anyone and I don't think others are either. I get on here and state facts about BCHS football, Bledsoe County athletics, and the school system as a whole. And as far as talking about X's and O's... if someone wants to test this old wore out Warrior's knowledge of the game that would be fine. I have stated many times I have been watching Bledsoe County football for longer than many people on here have been alive and for certain longer than some on here have been around. I will continue to support BCHS every way I can, but I think it is important that people know the truth about where our program is. And one thing is for sure we will know soon enough what type of team we have. And yes I know the thread about running for office and X's and O's was directed at BCHSWAR but I just felt like mentioning something about it.

• Replies 409
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

O. K. lets see if I can respond to several of these posts at once and again not be too negative. As far as caring about other sports, I do. I already mentioned that the current boys basketball coach has never had a winning record, but I will not get into that. I do not have any intention of running for public office at this stage in my life, but I do what I can to make a difference. I get involved with the political process and I vote. I do not get on here and "dog out" anyone and I don't think others are either. I get on here and state facts about BCHS football, Bledsoe County athletics, and the school system as a whole. And as far as talking about X's and O's... if someone wants to test this old wore out Warrior's knowledge of the game that would be fine. I have stated many times I have been watching Bledsoe County football for longer than many people on here have been alive and for certain longer than some on here have been around. I will continue to support BCHS every way I can, but I think it is important that people know the truth about where our program is. And one thing is for sure we will know soon enough what type of team we have. And yes I know the thread about running for office and X's and O's was directed at BCHSWAR but I just felt like mentioning something about it.

Well, Running for office and X&O was my reply, but wasn't directed to any one ex-jock, sports legend...... Come one, come all.

So, let'er rip tater chip.......

Polecat

courtside I would like to apologize for not saying anything positive about the volleyball team. Please don't act like I don't know they have one. Rhonda has coaching in her blood. Her father was a good football and better baseball coach but never could really win. As for softball, our softball program has been strong and Gretta has done a great job getting players recognition and funny, they tried to not rehire her. As for X's and O's I am not going to act like I know that type of football. I haven't played nintendo in years as most of you have. Instead I watch and watch and watch and watch. I have learned that the best sounding plays don't work but the hardest working coaches and players do win. I have watched as Bill Battle won in UT country, Johnny Majors returned the Big Orange to glory and as Phil Fulmer has and will continue to coach an underachieving team (not withstanding the National Title). I have watched as Mr Warden, Mr Boynton, Mr Cagle, Mr Hatfield, Mr Cagle, Mr Swafford, Mr Quay, Mr Brown, Mr Boynton, and now Mr Robertson took their turn at guiding the big blue. I have watched as Mr Bayless, Mr Kucharski, Mr Colvard, and Mr McDaniel have run the school system. Listen to me: BLEDSOE ATHLETICS BLEDSOE SCHOOLS AND BLEDSOE'S CHILDREN ARE AT A CROSSROADS. WE CAN EITHER DEMAND THE BEST OR WATCH AS OUR COMMUNITY GOES AND GOES UNTIL IT IS GONE. I have watched this as some others have. We need politicians to stand and be accounted for. warrior4ever, Eric Swafford is the son of John Swafford. He and his whole family spent many years playing for the big blue. Count the number of Swafford's that have played and you will be amazed. Some are family others may not be but they still carry the last name. There are a few other families that have the same history. He needs to get involved and parents need to get involved and voters need to get involved NOW. Don't wait any more. I am behind Mr Robertson and I have a reason to be: I am a former Warrior who is dang proud that I wore the blue and gold.

courtside I would like to apologize for not saying anything positive about the volleyball team. Please don't act like I don't know they have one. Rhonda has coaching in her blood. Her father was a good football and better baseball coach but never could really win. As for softball, our softball program has been strong and Gretta has done a great job getting players recognition and funny, they tried to not rehire her. As for X's and O's I am not going to act like I know that type of football. I haven't played nintendo in years as most of you have. Instead I watch and watch and watch and watch. I have learned that the best sounding plays don't work but the hardest working coaches and players do win. I have watched as Bill Battle won in UT country, Johnny Majors returned the Big Orange to glory and as Phil Fulmer has and will continue to coach an underachieving team (not withstanding the National Title). I have watched as Mr Warden, Mr Boynton, Mr Cagle, Mr Hatfield, Mr Cagle, Mr Swafford, Mr Quay, Mr Brown, Mr Boynton, and now Mr Robertson took their turn at guiding the big blue. I have watched as Mr Bayless, Mr Kucharski, Mr Colvard, and Mr McDaniel have run the school system. Listen to me: BLEDSOE ATHLETICS BLEDSOE SCHOOLS AND BLEDSOE'S CHILDREN ARE AT A CROSSROADS. WE CAN EITHER DEMAND THE BEST OR WATCH AS OUR COMMUNITY GOES AND GOES UNTIL IT IS GONE. I have watched this as some others have. We need politicians to stand and be accounted for. warrior4ever, Eric Swafford is the son of John Swafford. He and his whole family spent many years playing for the big blue. Count the number of Swafford's that have played and you will be amazed. Some are family others may not be but they still carry the last name. There are a few other families that have the same history. He needs to get involved and parents need to get involved and voters need to get involved NOW. Don't wait any more. I am behind Mr Robertson and I have a reason to be: I am a former Warrior who is dang proud that I wore the blue and gold.

We must really be from the same era. I do not know Eric well, but I did know he was John Swafford's son and of course watched he and his older brothers play. I would venture to say his brother John was the best QB to ever play at BCHS and probably an all-time MVP. It just amazes me how people that have not seen the programs over the years, all the way back to Mr. Warden can get on here and out in the community and think they know what is going on. I, like I hope everyone else, want to see great things for BCHS, the kids, and the community and at this point I am not seeing it. That is all. I have nothing go gain for my interest in the program at this point in my life, but I know what being a Warrior meant to me and has meant to so many others over the years. I will be there every Friday night like I have been for many years and hope I am wrong about what I think I will see.

Sorry but I gotta correct you on this... Its Mr. Roberson not Mr. Robertson...

bottom.

just one way to go. out! Get OUT If you can.