Bledsoe County Football?

Coach you left out Marty Swafford that played tight end on the '90 team and Richard Smith started at gaurd that year and the next. It is not hard to figure out who I am on here as my name gives it away. I wish you all the success in the world this season. Of course we played together a several years and as with your coaching (yes, I check your scores every week to see how you are doing) when you played you left it all on the field. Bledsoe Co. Warrior, you are a class act and it was a pleasure playing with you and I appreciate the work you are doing with the young people now. I have watched the Big Blue all my life and am proud that I got to wear the Blue and Gold and am excited that my son is starting to play next week (Little Blue or course). I have seen coaches that had much success and some that did not. I do think it is a little early to judge how well Coach Roberson will do and as we all know, he played on one of the better teams ever at BCHS. I guess we will know in the coming weeks if the kids are prepared, but I have watched many of these kids grow up and watched many of their parents wear the blue and gold as I was growing up and I do believe they can win some ball games and make us proud. I for one am excited about this season and can't wait for it to get here. Coach Barger, best of luck to you this year we are all pulling for you. Tell your little Bro. good luck as well and I will be pulling for him every week but 1, sorry (and I do understand blood is thicker than water).

• Replies 409
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Eric,

Hey bud ,good to see you on here.As you know my middle son and yours is starting little blue together this year.As far as history goes,I just wish that Mr Swafford would have stayed and coached our group.He left when I was a sophmore because of ...well I wont get into that.But I work with him now,as you well know and he has said several times that he could have won the state title with the talent we had in my group of classmates.We had the size and tough runners.All we needed was some tough guidance.I am looking forward to the Little Blue football seasons and maybe we can (everyone involved) build the program where it needs to be.

It is great to see people getting on here who actually played and played on some successful teams. Pikevol and Vpender and Eric as well as some of the others. you have children who are going to be directly affected by what happens and you need to become involved. Don't sit back and let small time politics ruin a great place to raise a family. I am glad that I went to school here, sent my children and now they are here with their children. Oh, I didn't know that Mr Robertson was on the last team to win teh region? Maybe he can use that as a motivator

It is great to see people getting on here who actually played and played on some successful teams. Pikevol and Vpender and Eric as well as some of the others. you have children who are going to be directly affected by what happens and you need to become involved. Don't sit back and let small time politics ruin a great place to raise a family. I am glad that I went to school here, sent my children and now they are here with their children. Oh, I didn't know that Mr Robertson was on the last team to win teh region? Maybe he can use that as a motivator

I agree that it is great to see some of the folks on here that actually know what it is about to play for the Big Blue. And I could not agree with you more that this is a great place to raise a family. As far as Coach Roberson playing, he was on the '86 team that went 10-2. They did not win the region that year as I am sure you know and I do think that is one of the better teams to play at BCHS, but I still think the best ever was the '83 team.

I agree that it is great to see some of the folks on here that actually know what it is about to play for the Big Blue. And I could not agree with you more that this is a great place to raise a family. As far as Coach Roberson playing, he was on the '86 team that went 10-2. They did not win the region that year as I am sure you know and I do think that is one of the better teams to play at BCHS, but I still think the best ever was the '83 team.

Warrior4ever, I would agree with you that the '83 team was the best, but I do think the '86 team was a close 2nd. I have read many of your posts and you obviously have studied and watched football here for a long time and you actually get what it means to be a "warrior".

Vpender, I know our kids are going to be playing together and hopefully we can all work together and teach them a little about the game and to have some fun playing it. See you on Monday, and let's have a good year and start building this next generation of Big Blue Warriors.

Warrior4ever, I would agree with you that the '83 team was the best, but I do think the '86 team was a close 2nd. I have read many of your posts and you obviously have studied and watched football here for a long time and you actually get what it means to be a "warrior".

Vpender, I know our kids are going to be playing together and hopefully we can all work together and teach them a little about the game and to have some fun playing it. See you on Monday, and let's have a good year and start building this next generation of Big Blue Warriors.

My son,Nolan, has put his pads on every day this week getting ready! He is very excited!

Eric, sorry I have not responded sooner but it gets busy this time of year as you know. I do remember Marty at TE. and if we include the TE's, Lee Morris played the position the next year as well as PJ Simmons. I am grateful to those guys who blocked up front for me, as I carried the ball my Jr and Sr years. No major injuries and no missed games!! I hope the little blue season goes well for you and Vpender, who I know well also!! Thank you for your support it is going to be a major undertaking but the community support has been great and we will work as hard as possible to turn this thing around!! Good luck to the Warriors and I still get excited when I top the mountain on 111 and look over into the valley when visiting home. It is a great place to live

Next generation

How many kids will go play east of the county? need players

Well now that the pads are on...how do they look? Has anyone seen the boys in blue? How hard are they working and how many boys dressed out yesterday? Just wondering, with the cool rain yesterday afternoon it sure felt like football weather.

we were on the little blue field and it was more than a cool rain.It was a "turd floater"! We give the kids their paperwork and told them to find their parents as the rain was coming over Johnny Boyntons house!!

I was also wondering how things were going. Has anyone been down to watch them practice? I am really excited about what is getting ready to happen. Heard some disturbing mutterings going on Sunday but that is what it's all about. The more people talk about it the better it is going to be. When nobody is talking that usually means nobody cares. I have already suffered through enough of those type years. Lets get ready to go

I was also wondering how things were going. Has anyone been down to watch them practice? I am really excited about what is getting ready to happen. Heard some disturbing mutterings going on Sunday but that is what it's all about. The more people talk about it the better it is going to be. When nobody is talking that usually means nobody cares. I have already suffered through enough of those type years. Lets get ready to go

I have not seen them yet, but heard last night that there are only 23 players. That may not be the case but that is what is going around. I don't ever remember there being that few at the beginning of the year. If that is correct it is an embarrassing shame. And I do not mean to sound negative, but that is not only a reflection on the current staff (and I mean the entire staff not just the head coach), but also the A. D. and the principal. If someone could confirm this that would be great and again IF this is accurate or even close we need something done fast. Less than 30-35 the first week and you are in serious trouble. With that few players, there is no way to be competitive. I talked to one of the Little Blue Dads and he told me they had kids on the waiting list for every age group... now what is wrong with this picture. I know the boys have just put pads on, but this does not look good.