East TN 4A and 5A

No worries MLREB.

I know they lost a lot on the DL. They do however, have two or three OL returning. The Wahington kid goes about 6-4, 310. Has good feet, and fairly athletic. He seemed unsure firing off the ball last year, and I would expect that he along with the others will be much more at ease with that spread they put in last yr. The other OL that I liked was the OG/C, White. Quick, and explosive. I would say 6-1, 6-2, 275 or so. Make a heck of NG/DT IMO. Anyway, my point is that while Hillsboro may not have the D that they had last year, the O will be vastly improved IMO. Also, there is little doubt in my mind that they will have athletes that will get to the ball quickly, and with a nice pop on D. I just like the new guy, and the scheme he has. And if I picked Maryville, you and STARS would'nt have anything to debate except Rouse vs. Thompson or Hunt vs. Burnette, etc. Happy 4th.

ruse?

I agree regarding the coach. His offense is impressive and a challenge to stop. Happy 4th to you as well.

• Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

No worries MLREB.

I know they lost a lot on the DL. They do however, have two or three OL returning. The Wahington kid goes about 6-4, 310. Has good feet, and fairly athletic. He seemed unsure firing off the ball last year, and I would expect that he along with the others will be much more at ease with that spread they put in last yr. The other OL that I liked was the OG/C, White. Quick, and explosive. I would say 6-1, 6-2, 275 or so. Make a heck of NG/DT IMO. Anyway, my point is that while Hillsboro may not have the D that they had last year, the O will be vastly improved IMO. Also, there is little doubt in my mind that they will have athletes that will get to the ball quickly, and with a nice pop on D. I just like the new guy, and the scheme he has. And if I picked Maryville, you and STARS would'nt have anything to debate except Rouse vs. Thompson or Hunt vs. Burnette, etc. Happy 4th.

ruse?

ruse? they actually lose more on the O-Line, at least as far as starters. In the championship game, the Burros started tackles Montgomery and Hill, guards Coley and Bryant, and center Rodney Irvin all seniors.

I do anticipate them being better all around.

I just hope Mairvul can make it to the playoffs, advance past whomever is there to play them, avoid having to play Red Bank and Morristown East, and somehow make it back to Skeeter West.

Canefane72, maybe you should go across town and checkout the workouts before you say that there isn't anyone working harder. Your friends have 90+ kids working out at 2 different workouts a day. 70+ once a day is good, but not quite as good. They also throw and catch everyday that they work out. I don't think your boys do that. Don't underestimate your friends across the street. They may surprise you

Canefane72, maybe you should go across town and checkout the workouts before you say that there isn't anyone working harder. Your friends have 90+ kids working out at 2 different workouts a day. 70+ once a day is good, but not quite as good. They also throw and catch everyday that they work out. I don't think your boys do that. Don't underestimate your friends across the street. They may surprise you

I am sorry that I mentioned that East was working hard. I will not comment on them anymore since there is only one team in town. 90+ means nothing. 2 workouts mean nothing. East throws to receivers too. My comment was not that they are working harder, it was that no one is working harder than them. I see what they do every workout and it is unreal. There overall strength as a team has really increased a great deal. I was not knocking West so please don't knock East. Thanks.

I am sorry that I mentioned that East was working hard. I will not comment on them anymore since there is only one team in town. 90+ means nothing. 2 workouts mean nothing. East throws to receivers too. My comment was not that they are working harder, it was that no one is working harder than them. I see what they do every workout and it is unreal. There overall strength as a team has really increased a great deal. I was not knocking West so please don't knock East. Thanks.

I expect Morristown East to have an excellent football team this year. They are extremely well coached and have a great number of starters returning. I am sure both teams are working hard this summer because of the aforementioned coaches and the fact that both teams have great kids. It will be a fun year in Morristown for football fans this year.

Anybody know anything about Daniel Boone? They have been pretty good lately. And Volunteer, they improved a great deal last year also.

The boys up in Gray are working harder than ever. They are returning the entire starting backfield, and three of the five linemen. The recievers will be there to take up space and block, because to be honest they don't have anyone to throw to them. And Boone has, and always will be a running team. But with Jarrett in the backfield who can blame them?

On Defense they also return the majority of the secondary. In the trenches is where most the damage was done, losing all but one big man. Coach Jenkins prides himself on having a team that is very tough to score on, and I'm sure this season will be no different.

It will be intresting to see how the season unfolds for my boys.

• 2 weeks later...

Hampton is a good 1a team ,but they totally embarrased Crockett in the spring scrimmage.It wasn't pretty.

Well five starters on crocketts team were not there. That make a big difference in how they will play on both the defensive and offensive side of the ball so i would go pointing fingers just yet wait till the seasons to start making projections.