Region3-5A

very true

who are some of the better players in the region going to be this year?

Gonzalez from CC, #3 Tailback From Cookeville, Pearson from Cumberland KR will be just a junior but is dangerous 10+ returns over 35 yards in 8 games, who else is out there

I hope the Jets makes the playoffs.

• Replies 186
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I do too, I had to play 4 years without making it to the playoffs, but I think itll take them 1 more year to make that jump, the good thing is there arent alot of seniors but alot of juniors and talented underclassmen playing

Jets were always known for a tough D and a hard nose running game. Wasn't that long ago that they won the region.

i dont know how improved the d will be but the offense should be much better ive been watching them practice and they seem like they understand the offense much better this year than last and they have 7 starters returning from last year well see how it goes their first scrimage against oliver springs went okay, we lost 3-1 i think but none were sustained drives, and the Johnson kid at qb gave them a spark that really lifted them, their fall scrimage is against wilson cen. so well see how it goes

i dont know how improved the d will be but the offense should be much better ive been watching them practice and they seem like they understand the offense much better this year than last and they have 7 starters returning from last year well see how it goes their first scrimage against oliver springs went okay, we lost 3-1 i think but none were sustained drives, and the Johnson kid at qb gave them a spark that really lifted them, their fall scrimage is against wilson cen. so well see how it goes

who do you open the season with....Stone?

Will the Jets stay 5-A after this season or drop?....

It'd be a GREAT story if they can stay in 3-5A & make the playoffs after the split!

THE SQUAD /smile.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":)" border="0" alt="smile.gif" />

theyll probably stay 5A, we couldve changed this year down to 4A but elected not to as either region we would come to would have been just as bad or worse, and the county is growing, I would say that we will always stay 5A because in 2 years the numbers will be around 1500-1600 again. I wont deny it the split hurt the school bad, but coach hall did an excellent job in hiring coaches not just here but for all sports, the girls basketball team made the region with 0 returning starters, the baseball team had 0 returning starters, the boys basketball team had 0 players returning that even saw regular varsity action, the football team last year had 0 returning backs offensively or defensively except crabtree and he had only started 2 or 3 games, so the upside is tremendous for us . if anyone remembers ravenwood when they were first starting (dont get me wrong im not saying were gonna win state anytime soon) it took them a while to get up and going but made steady progress and look at them now, so well get there coach shultz is a winner as is the rest of his staff. theyll get it done, i just hope theyre patient and stick with it, especially with this freshmen class they have coming in and last years sophomores and juniors they will make huge strides these next 3 or 4 years to becoming a force in the region again.

It is gonna be interesting to see this year if Franklin County will get some more atheletes out of the stands and on the field this year. Either way though I am sure Coach Britton will have a tougher team this year for y'all to contend with.

As usualy Lincoln County is 'supposedly' rebuilding and not going to be solid. Extreme sarcasm! Don't we all hear that every year now? While they may not be a state contender this year the 'Pit' is not a fun place to play for visiting teams.

It is if you are Cookeville! /wink.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=";)" border="0" alt="wink.gif" />

R'dale is rather fond of it also. /laugh.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":lol:" border="0" alt="laugh.gif" />

Actually I really like the 'Pit'. That is wonderful fan friendly place. I've enjoyed it every time I have been there. /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" />

theyll probably stay 5A, we couldve changed this year down to 4A but elected not to as either region we would come to would have been just as bad or worse, and the county is growing, I would say that we will always stay 5A because in 2 years the numbers will be around 1500-1600 again. I wont deny it the split hurt the school bad, but coach hall did an excellent job in hiring coaches not just here but for all sports, the girls basketball team made the region with 0 returning starters, the baseball team had 0 returning starters, the boys basketball team had 0 players returning that even saw regular varsity action, the football team last year had 0 returning backs offensively or defensively except crabtree and he had only started 2 or 3 games, so the upside is tremendous for us . if anyone remembers ravenwood when they were first starting (dont get me wrong im not saying were gonna win state anytime soon) it took them a while to get up and going but made steady progress and look at them now, so well get there coach shultz is a winner as is the rest of his staff. theyll get it done, i just hope theyre patient and stick with it, especially with this freshmen class they have coming in and last years sophomores and juniors they will make huge strides these next 3 or 4 years to becoming a force in the region again.

I think the jets win 1 game this year possibly Meigs.Co They just don't have much talent.The kick returner is ok

but now no one kicks to him.Qb is be problem,running backs be problem,they do have a couple of good ol men.

I wish the best for them But it doesn't matter who coaches them they are just not a football school.I see them going

to 4a in two years with Stone ,possible White Co.,Rhea Co and mabe Cleveland or Hixson.

I think the jets win 1 game this year possibly Meigs.Co They just don't have much talent.The kick returner is ok

but now no one kicks to him.Qb is be problem,running backs be problem,they do have a couple of good ol men.

I wish the best for them But it doesn't matter who coaches them they are just not a football school.I see them going

to 4a in two years with Stone ,possible White Co.,Rhea Co and mabe Cleveland or Hixson.

I hear they have a new qb and he is a good athlete